Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Ron Paul topic ( aka your candidate sucks topic )

Started by Variable, Oct 09, 2008, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

sooo when is someone going to change the system and make it a multiple-party system?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

It was at one point.  I mean Teddy almost won under the Progressive Party nearly 100 years ago.  How awesome is that?  But that's only because he was such a large public figure, it's kind of like saying Bill Clinton will be running under his own made up party.  That would get lots of attention just because he is a big name.  Lame.

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 24, 2008, 04:31 AM
sooo when is someone going to change the system and make it a multiple-party system?
when I am old enough to run for office

nonesuch

it is a multi party system but the money trail has decided to pay for the winner, eliminating any system at all

check the main donors to both obama and mccain ,   they are the same
i drink your milkshake

Variable

Check out how much money Obama has spent compared to McCain.  Then you see the true system

Jedidiah Solomon

Quote from: Variable on Nov 03, 2008, 01:17 AM
Check out how much money Obama has spent compared to McCain.  Then you see the true system

Yeah that it takes more money for a black man to even run for president then it does for the children of Japheth.

Variable

Jedidiah Solomon

Variable

Jedidiah Solomon

That was your all time greatest post.

1 good post out of 10,000.

It's about time.

You should keep your posts down to sentances from now on too, stop filling up pages of propaganda, you aren't gonna start anything on this device, your KKK ain't goin' down on this WWW.

Variable

Yeah.  Me and the KKK , totally the same thing. 

Jedidiah Solomon

He said it himself people. no need for I to reply.

And his ignore count does nothing but help that fact.

Variable

lol.  It's kind of pathetic that you took the time to look up how many people ignore me.  Is that even an option anymore?  I'm pretty sure everyone who ignoring me has quit coming to the board about a year ago

Jedidiah Solomon

LOL Well I'm Glad it makes you feel better LOL it's just so funny i know LOL because 6 still don't wanna read what you have to say LOL but you're still responding to me LOL and they're still listening to me LOL so I guess the war is over LOL

defskull

The most annoying thing is when I tell people I voted for Ralph Nader and people feel that I wasted my vote.  I don't even know where to begin to explain to them the faults of the two party system, especially when they are so blindly following their party. 

Jerry_Curls

^ Totally know what you mean.

Went into my breakroom tonight. This guy is sitting with an Obama shirt and we start talking about who we voted for. So its my turn to say who I voted for and I say "Nader". He chuckled. I don't see why it's funny to vote for someone who wants to actually CHANGE things like the federal reserve, stop being imperialistic, cares about the environment.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 05, 2008, 03:16 AM
LOL Well I'm Glad it makes you feel better LOL it's just so funny i know LOL because 6 still don't wanna read what you have to say LOL but you're still responding to me LOL and they're still listening to me LOL so I guess the war is over LOL
you have a post ignore era name dumb ass

Variable

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 05, 2008, 05:28 AM

Went into my breakroom tonight. This guy is sitting with an Obama shirt and we start talking about who we voted for. So its my turn to say who I voted for and I say "Nader". He chuckled. I don't see why it's funny to vote for someone who wants to actually CHANGE things like the federal reserve, stop being imperialistic, cares about the environment.
It goes to show how ignorant people are.  It doesn't sit well with me that the American people don't get to pick the Republican or Democrat candidates.  Only a few elite in each party do.  Then they tell us we have to vote for one of these two or else we are wasting our vote.  Yeah, thats real choice right there.  I totally wasted my vote by going outside of that system.

I am kind of glad that Obama won.  Its the only way I see my vote actually really mattering.  The GOP will more than likely start to try and figure out how it lost and how to get those votes back.  So they are going to be forced to look at us "south park Republicans" or "Ron Paul Republicans" and how to get us to vote again.  Hopefully this means paying more attention to important issues.  Or even running a candidate like Ron Paul

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Variable on Nov 05, 2008, 02:11 PM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 05, 2008, 05:28 AM

It goes to show how ignorant people are.  It doesn't sit well with me that the American people don't get to pick the Republican or Democrat candidates.  Only a few elite in each party do.  Then they tell us we have to vote for one of these two or else we are wasting our vote.  Yeah, thats real choice right there.  I totally wasted my vote by going outside of that system.

I am kind of glad that Obama won.  Its the only way I see my vote actually really mattering.  The GOP will more than likely start to try and figure out how it lost and how to get those votes back.  So they are going to be forced to look at us "south park Republicans" or "Ron Paul Republicans" and how to get us to vote again.  Hopefully this means paying more attention to important issues.  Or even running a candidate like Ron Paul

Well put and good point.

Variable

Thanks man.  Lets hope some real change happens within the GOP over the next 4 years.  Dam, or if the Obama Administration totally tanks maybe even an Independent would have a shot at the White House.  I know thats wishful thinking....but still.

does anyone have the breakdown for how the 3rd party candidates did?