Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

bands that fell off

Started by goldpony, Jun 06, 2008, 11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 16, 2008, 11:09 PM
Tool's albums consist of 10% good songs and 90% filler noise.

HAHA! Sooo true! Their songs are way too long for my taste.

wither-I

Quote from: ronnie dobbs on Oct 16, 2008, 04:46 PM
No irony here, I am a fan of tool, but their last two albums bored me.
Maybe I have seen too many shows, but Maynard hiding in the shadows while Adam stands still like a manequin is hardly an exciting concert.
I know, it's all about the music when you see tool live, but if I wanted to close my eyes and concentrate on the music, I would put there CD in my surround sound and rattle the walls. I could give a shit about the laser show they put on.
thank you for god's sake thank you.

ive argued this to soooo many tool occult and they are blinded indefinitely.

praise.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

GardenParty

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Jun 15, 2008, 03:52 AM
Quote from: theshadeisatool on Jun 08, 2008, 11:52 AM
This seems to happen a lot to bands that were good then cross over to the mainstream - as two people have already said Lostprophets is a good example. They just become pedestrian/mediocre after that. My own example, but less mainstream - Weezer. Everything after the Green Album/Maladroit is shat.

weezer has always been mainstream.  i was 13-14 when the blue album came out and i remember buddy holly getting MAJOR radio and mtv airplay.

i think in the cases of bands like deftones and weezer, they dont fall off.  they just set a bar so high for themselves early in their careers that it is impossible to reach again.  weezer's blue album and pinkerton and deftones adrenaline, ATF, and white pony are as close to perfection as any band can get.  now all the fans want another pinkerton or ATF and it's never going to fucking happen. 

with bands that have reached perfection at some point early in their careers, i find it's best to just appreciate that your beloved bands are still around and even though their new shit isn't half as good as it once was, be greatful that they still show occasional moments of brilliance and continue to TOUR! 

songs like the angel and the one, or kimdracula are still better than 99% of the feces thrown at us on a daily basis by the record industry monkeys nowdays.  i guess i'm content with that.

there is truth to found in this post. I never thought weezer or the tones fell off, even though the material wasn't up to peak standards, they still released music they wanted too.

Everything Weezer has released in this decade ranges from mediocre to terrible.  Not the case w/ Deftones.  They've stayed good.

Nada Surf has been boring since "Let Go."

Cypress Hill -- are they still putting out records?

Jimmy Eat World -- sucktastic

Flaming Lips -- their last album has me scared

Oasis -- seriously, guys, stop...

Mogwai -- god love 'em, they've been inconsistent in recent years

And last but not least, Radiohead -- everything since Pablo, Honey has been absolute garbage!  Every song should be like Creep.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I liked Tool in middle school. Then I turned off the radio when I discovered something called the internet and found out there was good and interesting music in the world.

theis

^ haha.

red hot chili peppers is a band that REALLY felt off.

anything up to "mother's milk" was pretty damn good. it was all downhill from there.

mr.sinister

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 23, 2008, 11:01 AM
^ haha.

red hot chili peppers is a band that REALLY felt off.

anything up to "mother's milk" was pretty damn good. it was all downhill from there.
Hmm.. I would say after Blood Sugar the quality went down. Californication is a good CD though.

devilinside

deafnotes

more than 70% of those bands fell off

devlin

i think TOOL has only gotten better. i love the long progressive songs. i do think there is too much filler inbetween songs tough.

i definitly agree about the red hot chili peppers. anymore they write nothing but poppy radio hits. and even when i think they have a good song (can't stop, hey oh, dani california) they ruin it with a gay ass chorus.