Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How BIG are the Deftones?

Started by There Will Be Blood, Sep 25, 2008, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: MarathonMan on Oct 08, 2008, 01:46 AM
To answer the question, they're not THAT big. I'd say about average. Deftones has a loyal fanbase though. They're just not as popular as the bands that everyone here hates. Lulz.

We are talking about penises here ok?

Jizzlobber

it depends..i cant think that many 13 -15 year olds know much about them..not to say the wouldnt like them or anything, they just need to have them pushed in their face a bit.

basically mainly the drinkers age group mainly know about deftones, but saying that, they arent MASSIVE.

<

stoneFeD

Quote from: mr.sinister on Oct 07, 2008, 11:34 PM
8============================D
Deftones' size.

damn his nuts are lop sided, bro!

rock_n_frost

Deftones is big cuz some of idiot people think they are not good..and some of them havent heard them cuz of mtv, and a little group think that snw sucks..

That make us smart and the deftones big.
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

BigMood

Here in Germany they are not really famous. I just met couple of people who have heard of Deftones (okay one who digged them is Austrian ^^).

For me it's always the biggest underground band ever and I actually like it. Okay, sometimes it's strange that you actually have no one that really cares about them as much as one does and you can't talk bout it at all.

One time I was in a club on the rock floor and asked them to play Deftones, they told me that this is no "real party" music. But playing Chop Suey and stuff ^^. That's the thing here.

Deftones are just a special way of music and not many people have the key to enter this special atmosphere. They just hear crap and use words like depressive and so on. Deftones go far beyond this...

One time I saw a guy who looked like a nerd with that official Deftones backpack - I was stunned :D
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

Metalhed

2 platinum albums, 3 albums have made the US Top 10, and a Grammy award.  Popular band?  Yes.  Their popularity might be on the decline at the moment, but they're still popular.  Plus they're one of the only bands from their genre and era to be critically acclaimed.

fireflyry

Quote from: Metalhed on Nov 07, 2008, 04:59 AM
2 platinum albums, 3 albums have made the US Top 10, and a Grammy award.  Popular band?  Yes.  Their popularity might be on the decline at the moment, but they're still popular.  Plus they're one of the only bands from their genre and era to be critically acclaimed.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Nebontha

Quote2 platinum albums, 3 albums have made the US Top 10, and a Grammy award.  Popular band?  Yes.  Their popularity might be on the decline at the moment, but they're still popular.  Plus they're one of the only bands from their genre and era to be critically acclaimed.
Not to mention the fact that they are still together, and even added a member after their 2nd-3rd albums. the only line up changes in Deftones occurred before Adrenaline, I'm sure we can all agree that that's hardly even relevant. Let us hope I haven't jinxed Chi Cheng by posting this, the poor old fellow. Praying for you always man.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

devilinside

Quote from: MarathonMan on Oct 08, 2008, 01:46 AM
To answer the question, they're not THAT big. I'd say about average. Deftones has a loyal fanbase though. They're just not as popular as the bands that everyone here hates. Lulz.

I agree with this.