Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Jonah Matranga's cover of Deftones' "Guest"

Started by ruinfix, Oct 04, 2012, 07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Thank you for opening up about that. You know, you were kids. No sane person would still carry resentment towards someone for stuff that happened that long ago.

If it makes you feel any better, at least you inspired one of their all-time best songs :)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

snw9

So does anyone know a way to get in touch with Jonah, to do this for real?
Code: [Select]

Jesus2Chino

This thread is many different kinds of awesome. Thanks Lauren for sharing.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

ruinfix

Yeah, my name is John and I Facebook'd Lauren the song a couple of nights ago. Glad she got to emotionally vent and give us the lyrics.

snw9, I was going to get him to cover the song sooner, but due to my current financial restraints I had postpone it. :(

I will do it as soon as possible. But if someone commissions him before me, then no problem.

ignore the fashion

how much does jonah charge to do this?

laurenguest

@ignore the fashion

How much does Jonah charge to do this?  I don't think he would charge a thing.  I was friends with the bassist from FAR--Malcom, and although Jonah was more reclusive I would not expect him to take the lyrics and charge John Green or anyone.  If that were to happen, I would definitely have something to say about it.  Jonah would not do that.  He is a proponent for Sac Music and would only use these lyrics to benefit the history of our local music scene. 

ignore the fashion

Quote from: laurenguest on Mar 07, 2013, 09:20 AM
@ignore the fashion

How much does Jonah charge to do this?  I don't think he would charge a thing.  I was friends with the bassist from FAR--Malcom, and although Jonah was more reclusive I would not expect him to take the lyrics and charge John Green or anyone.  If that were to happen, I would definitely have something to say about it.  Jonah would not do that.  He is a proponent for Sac Music and would only use these lyrics to benefit the history of our local music scene. 

i was referring to the original post by ruinfx, i believe jonah will do a unique recording of whatever song you want if you pay him to do so.

http://jonahmatranga.com/yard-sale/unique-recordings.html

laurenguest

Oh wow!  I just saw this link--that's a pretty cool thing.  Sorry Jonah!  Wasn't trying to insult you by saying you shouldn't charge.   :-[

slyartwork

He SHOULD charge, this unique recordings project is pretty cool. Book Jonah to do it, NOW!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

deftoner664

Quote from: slyartwork on Mar 09, 2013, 10:07 AM
He SHOULD charge, this unique recordings project is pretty cool. Book Jonah to do it, NOW!

No doubt! I'm sure he charges the client by the hour of how long it takes to record, mix, edit, and master the songs.. I dunno if he does it by himself or has a few friends help as well...

EDIT;

Also, thanks for expanding further on your interpretation on the lyrics, Lauren.. Sure they're more accurate than mine...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

slyartwork

Go to Jonahs site if you want to know how it works.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com