letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 30, 2009, 07:42 PM
well... hrm.. he said "_everyone_  deserves.. "

yes and i have never disagreed..
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

jesusinabowlofdirt

dictatesofreason

guys seriously, some people get help some dont, straight up life.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Mar 31, 2009, 12:14 AM

you are right and it is very jacked up. the more research i do for the family for possible therapy that could help chi the more i see how many people in his state go misdiagnosed and are literally given up on. once we have chi recovered i would love to see www.oneloveforchi.com go towards helping those people.. and i am sure chi will feel the same way.

when i get the go ahead there will be news released on what the funds we have raised are going to that will help chi recover... pretty exciting to know that his fans will be playing a major role in helping him recover... chi will be so touched to know this.

one love for chi,
gina

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

Hidalgo

Gina, do you know exactly what happened in the wreck? i never heard anything about the wreck itself really. who was driving, what caused the wreck, etc? i've always wondered

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 31, 2009, 04:39 AM
Gina, do you know exactly what happened in the wreck? i never heard anything about the wreck itself really. who was driving, what caused the wreck, etc? i've always wondered

the car was clipped from behind by another uninsured driver which caused the accident.... there were no drugs, drinking etc involved.. it was the fault of the other driver.

one love for chi,
gina

Hidalgo

did the police get the person responsible, or did they hit & run? was Chi's sister driving? i thought i read that somewhere, & how badly hurt was/is she?

thanks

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Mar 31, 2009, 12:14 AM

there are lot of things in the world thats "straight up life".. that does not mean u cant do anything against it

Martin

Ow my, 59%....that's quite something!

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Martin on Mar 31, 2009, 07:05 AM

isn't it great?  :)

oneloveforchi.com.
gina

oneloveforchi

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 31, 2009, 06:00 AM
did the police get the person responsible, or did they hit & run? was Chi's sister driving? i thought i read that somewhere, & how badly hurt was/is she?

thanks

don't know if they did.. i haven't asked... i, like chi's mom, have been focusing on chi's recovery and getting him what he needs.. the details aren't important.

that's all.  :)

thanks..

one love for chi,
gina

Jesus2Chino

People aren't willing to pay for Chi because he's famous or a rock star--people are willing to pay to help Chi because they consider him family. Sure, his bass playing got him into our homes, but we can't fault him for that. People are donating because they're looking out for their own, it's just an instinct we all have. Jesusinabowlofdirt--you're just blessed enough to consider the whole human race your own--most people have a more narrow view, but either way, the intent is good, and really shouldn't be faulted. Helping is just what we do for family.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

PinkMagetRX

Hey gina! as a LONG time Deftones fan i just want to thank you sooooo much for the work you're doing. I've seen the tones 8 times and met CHI within that time twice, and i can for sure say that he is one of the most humble nice guys i've ever met. He always looked me in the eyes when he talked which i thought was very cool. I will for sure be donating to www.Oneloveforchi.com
In my own personal life I can tell you that the music that Chi has saved my life... as in I would be DEAD right now without it. I was at a bad place in my life when my 50 disc c.d. player (Which was on random) Went to to the tones. They were already my favorite band, But at that moment and that song "Dai the Flu" Something about thier music spoke to me.... And stopped me from doing something VERY stupid. My point is. That the Deftones including CHI saved my life so the least i can do is repay that to them. To anyone who has ever had a moment where the tones music and love for life has changed your life, Please donate or at the least say a prayer for Chi and his wonderful Family. Thanks :)
Go get your knife

Martin

Quote from: oneloveforchi on Mar 31, 2009, 02:37 PM
Quote from: Martin on Mar 31, 2009, 07:05 AM

isn't it great?  :)

oneloveforchi.com.
gina

It sure is Gina, sure is 8)

jesusinabowlofdirt

not everyone is so egocentric, i hope. everyone is giving money to chi but not to other coma victims. everyone says "yeah everyone deserves healthcare" but u all just give money to 1 person. maybe the ones without family needs the money more.a celebrity with a rock star family maybe are the last one to need cash.where are the other def members and the rest of the rock world?

if every one traveled to the nursury home and physicaly gave the money to chi and saw that there actully are more people in need there, and they saw that the line and queue with donating people only were there for chi, then i think people started reconcider. but hey, at this point i havent donating a penny to anyone so maybe i should keep my mouth shut, im still thinking of the rioght thing to do here

jesusinabowlofdirt

another thing.. u just cant say "instinct" and thats that. animals base their actions on instincts, somewhere i hope we humans can feel the instinct but do something else, that is smarter in our minds. my instinct sometimes tell me to hit people in the face but i dont do it,because my mind tell me the instinct is wrong

Bru

It so ridiculous to try and say that every human life has the same importance with you.  In the grand scheme of things, everybody is equal, yes, but to try and argue that any one person should consider every single person equal is just ignorant.  If your mom or dad was in an accident and a coma you'd be doing everything in your power to provide care for them instead of considering whether or not to donate to a general coma fund just because there are others who need help too.  Obviously, no matter how mean it may seem, to you your parents are much more important on a personal level than a complete stranger.  That's not a bad thing, its life.

A complete stranger who has never heard of the Deftones should be more inclined to donate to a general coma patient fund rather than donate money to Chi.  But for the people here on this board, Chi is an inspiration and has effected their lives is a meaningful and positive way, and as such, he is more important to them than a complete stranger.  Its just the simple fact of the matter.  They shouldn't be looked down upon for trying to help a person important to them.

jesusinabowlofdirt

no maybe not.. i hope chi gets well with our without help... i love deftones music, but i dont know the guys. if deftones and the people who actually know chi helped him fine but it kinda feels strange that just because someone plays base everyone in the world suddelny is related to himand know him on a deep level as a friend, love him as i love my mom and dad in yr comparison.
but what i have written is just thinking out loud,i have no crystal clear opinion here

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 31, 2009, 08:25 PM
no maybe not.. i hope chi gets well with our without help... i love deftones music, but i dont know the guys. if deftones and the people who actually know chi helped him fine but it kinda feels strange that just because someone plays base everyone in the world suddelny is related to himand know him on a deep level as a friend, love him as i love my mom and dad in yr comparison.
but what i have written is just thinking out loud,i have no crystal clear opinion here

i do know him...

i am going to share something i posted on my myspace today and then let this one go cuz i don't see where it is going any more.. and for the record.. chi's cause is not the only thing i donate to..

QuoteDEFTONES - CHI CHENG - OMFG Rock Star????!
Body:    he is so much more than a rock star....

in the time that i have gotten to know his dear family... and his fans... he is so much more than that. i have witnessed countless emails literally pouring in from his amazing fans around the globe (i love you guys) with stories of how he inspired them in ways from to not commit suicide to playing music. this is an amazing individual who has taken the time with people to make them feel special and give them the inspiration they desperately needed from near and far.

this is the type of person we need to live by example of.. and give back some time. he may be a rock star.. but his funds are depleted and he is in need.. his fucked up insurance company has bounced on him...he's lost his house and his dog... and now how will we reach out to him now that he needs us (rock star or not)? we need more people in the world like him and i will do everything in my power to make sure he gets the care and therapy he absolutely deserves and needs. we have power in numbers... let's pull together and make a miracle happen for our sweet chi cheng.

one love for chi,
gina

and also.. i am going to share an email someone sent via oneloveforchi.com site about chi...

Chi came to the aid of my brother in law without even knowing him. My brother in law had brain cancer and we were doing a fundraiser and he was generous enough and donated signed lithographs that were auctioned off online. That says a lot about Chi.  First, I just want to say that you and Chi are in all of our thoughts and prayers. We are just hoping he will get better soon.

chi is a giver.. because of these types of actions... not only his music.. he inspires people to be better people... so when a person like that is in need.. and that person has touched their lives (btw you don't have to know someone personally to be inspired by them or feel like they are family.. i am coming to find this out via this whole experience..)

anyway.. that is that... i have nothing else to give on this subject. if you decided to contribute to the cause .. thank you so much. it is very much appreciated and will go directly to helping aid in his recovery.

one love for chi,
gina

oneloveforchi

Quote from: PinkMagetRX on Mar 31, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hey gina! as a LONG time Deftones fan i just want to thank you sooooo much for the work you're doing. I've seen the tones 8 times and met CHI within that time twice, and i can for sure say that he is one of the most humble nice guys i've ever met. He always looked me in the eyes when he talked which i thought was very cool. I will for sure be donating to www.Oneloveforchi.com
In my own personal life I can tell you that the music that Chi has saved my life... as in I would be DEAD right now without it. I was at a bad place in my life when my 50 disc c.d. player (Which was on random) Went to to the tones. They were already my favorite band, But at that moment and that song "Dai the Flu" Something about thier music spoke to me.... And stopped me from doing something VERY stupid. My point is. That the Deftones including CHI saved my life so the least i can do is repay that to them. To anyone who has ever had a moment where the tones music and love for life has changed your life, Please donate or at the least say a prayer for Chi and his wonderful Family. Thanks :)

Thanks so much. I am so happy their music helped you so much. It seems to have done that for alot of people.

Thank you so much for your support.

One love for Chi,
Gina