Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Awesome find there, wow Chi was so young....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

Regarding this picture, Chi's mother told me:

To Chi's right is a teacher and beside him Ming is sitting playing his guitar. He and Chi were cutting class and sitting in front of the school playing some tunes. As soon as they saw the teacher headed for them they simultaneously went into the theme song from the Jaws movie knowing they were in trouble. The teacher sat down between them with a smile and joined in enjoying the moment. Good times at Tokay High. It was 'Hippie Day".

:)

976-EVIL

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 25, 2012, 07:53 AM
Regarding this picture, Chi's mother told me:

To Chi's right is a teacher and beside him Ming is sitting playing his guitar. He and Chi were cutting class and sitting in front of the school playing some tunes. As soon as they saw the teacher headed for them they simultaneously went into the theme song from the Jaws movie knowing they were in trouble. The teacher sat down between them with a smile and joined in enjoying the moment. Good times at Tokay High. It was 'Hippie Day".

:)

That is too cool, great story to support the photo, thanks again dude!

Damn I wish Chi would rise...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

nicklav

pony_01

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 09, 2012, 02:40 AM
Watch this from 12:32 to 13:36

[HD] Deftones - Espacio Broadway, Santiago, Chile - 2012.11.06

Hey Rome, do you remember a video recently where I think it was the same type of deal, I think they were talking about Chi and then went into a song and Chino was crying a little bit during the song... May have been Riviere but I'm not sure...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deftoolsys07

Actually you know what, I'm probably thinking of Stone Sour or Slipknot and he starts crying through a song after dedicating it to Paul Grey...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I think i've seen that he was singing bother I think it was at some festival and broke down

sing blue silver

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Dec 09, 2012, 07:33 AM
Actually you know what, I'm probably thinking of Stone Sour or Slipknot and he starts crying through a song after dedicating it to Paul Grey...

It's when he plays Snuff from the Slipknot album All Hope Is Gone. It's become a highly emotional song for Corey and they rest of the band. He's broken down crying many times playing that song because it has such a connection to Paul. I got to see it live when I saw Slipknot over the summer and it was a very emotional experience for everyone there. He really misses the guy. Here's just such a performance.

Corey Taylor Breaks down during Snuff Live in Baltimore

sing blue silver

DeftonesNZ

There's been a couple of updates on oneloveforchi in one of them his family wants to make a video compilation of Merry Christmas/support messages for him.More details here http://oneloveforchi.com/xmas-2012/ Could be a nice thing to do to let him know he's not forgotten

dictatesofreason

Hey CHi, its been a while since i sent ya some positive energy-but thought its more than time to do it. Ya know when i first heard of your accident i had been home on leave for a week or two as i had just gotten out of my initial army training. And now over four years later, im out of the army, been through a divorce, seen combat, and have learned alot and large percentage of that has to do with the music you and the guys created. the 'tones music has steadily been an influence on me since the 8th grade thats eight years, damn. So brother idk how the inside of a coma works, maybe ur living all your dreams in a dream state, maybe you can hear and see everything around you, maybe your in a unfathomable hell-i dont know but i hope is a more benevolent state, thing is your music your work your spirit is still alive as much as it ever was man, for instance in my mind there is a constant playlist going 24/7 and the tones are on there 70 percent of the time, your bass lines...and hopefully soon you can get up and start creating music again and its all possible i know it. as for the world man dont worry its still in a sorry state of disrepair the middle east is still a mosh pit, the libbys are trying to turn the US into a nazi state...its crazy...and the world definitly needs more creativity, more peace, more orginal thinking, and hopefully one day soon you can give us all what we need,  so damn damn good fuckin bass solos! Word! So thanks for all the music and like the man said, Get up and walk-you're work on the planet aint done yet.

cobra two zero

Sugartolove

Hi SL!
I am helping Gina Blackmore with the One love for Chi website - She manages it, I co-manage it. It would be really great if you would send me a message if any of you should hear about any benefits, events etc taking place for Chi. I will post it on the website and promote it through my Facebook page for Chi, etc. Contact info is posted here: http://oneloveforchi.com/email/ or here: http://www.facebook.com/chichengprayerpage Thank you  :)