Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rodleen

Started by Vesanic, Nov 24, 2008, 12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Talking about Rodleen, if anyone wants to hear a live of Knife Party with her, it's right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYviCdAOEXo

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 25, 2008, 06:34 PM
man that sucked ass. the ones saying this is good or whatever are saying that because she was good on white pony. but it doesnt mean this is good. if she had not been on white pony you would never think she would be suitable for a deftones record by listening to this shit

you dont understand....

cant she sing like you want ?
you really think so ?

you should listen it carefully and what kind of spirit she try to explain, you ll see what sucks...you
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Nov 26, 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 25, 2008, 06:34 PM
man that sucked ass. the ones saying this is good or whatever are saying that because she was good on white pony. but it doesnt mean this is good. if she had not been on white pony you would never think she would be suitable for a deftones record by listening to this shit

you dont understand....

cant she sing like you want ?
you really think so ?

you should listen it carefully and what kind of spirit she try to explain, you ll see what sucks...you

Word.

jesusinabowlofdirt

if she hadnt been on white pony,and if u never heard of her before, and i put up a link with that performance and said "man this is awesome, she's really good - she would be perfect as a guest on eros"  ... you would all be like "huh? that garbage? what the hell is wrong with you" . if u like her cause of knife prty, thats fine, but this is pure shit.anyone with ears can hear that. end of story.

i think u like her on knife prty so much u cant think clearly and make a clear judgement of that crap 

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
if she hadnt been on white pony,and if u never heard of her before, and i put up a link with that performance and said "man this is awesome, she's really good - she would be perfect as a guest on eros"  ... you would all be like "huh? that garbage? what the hell is wrong with you" . if u like her cause of knife prty, thats fine, but this is pure shit.anyone with ears can hear that. end of story.

i think u like her on knife prty so much u cant think clearly and make a clear judgement of that crap 

I'm not that kind of idiot...

I'm not like those people who say that everything a person they love do is good just because they love this person.

Simple example: I love Chino Moreno. But I know sometimes he totally sucks.

I love that performance of Rodleen just because it's pure passion, art, and musical involvement. Sorry for not having the same opinion, but that's the way it is.

i kill for fun

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 26, 2008, 07:01 PM

ag
Agreed. And what s even funnier the people on you tube loved this crap as well. Maybe it cuz she a very active, caring person who goes out of her way to make a difference politicallynd people like her stuff b/c of this fact, but this song does suck,
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: i kill for fun on Nov 28, 2008, 05:52 AM

Agreed. And what s even funnier the people on you tube loved this crap as well. Maybe it cuz she a very active, caring person who goes out of her way to make a difference politicallynd people like her stuff b/c of this fact, but this song does suck,

im not sure that even qualifies as a song

deepest_ocean

this is why i despise forums. every little topic turnes into an argument over the most idle thing. I dont have anything against the fact that you think she's full of crap, but what I don't like is the fact that your trying to put words in my mouth. Im not going to argue over this anymore I'll just say this one last time just to rub it in your face - YES i did like the performance and it's got nothing to do with knife prty. I don't feel the need to be a fan of everything she does just cause she was in it. Same goes with everything I listen hence Im not a fan of everything the deftones have done. Its as simple as that really.

i kill for fun

well i dont know bout others but i wasnt "putting words in your mouth"...just simply stating opinions and reactions to other 's opinions...whihc is what a discusion board entails.
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Vesanic

Quote from: i kill for fun on Nov 28, 2008, 01:09 PM
well i dont know bout others but i wasnt "putting words in your mouth"...just simply stating opinions and reactions to other 's opinions...whihc is what a discusion board entails.

Stating ?
But who the fuck are you to tell which thing is stated or not ?

Just because you're saying " You like that crap just because you liked Rodleen in Knife Party ", you think you're right ? You think this thing is stated and proved ?

I prove the wrong side of your statements, then:

I don't like that crap just because it's Rodleen, but just because it's full of passion, art and involvement. Plus, the lyrics are really great. You don't like this, that's your right. But it's not because you say that something is that way that it really is !

jesusinabowlofdirt

Vesanic...    shut the fuck up..... please?... .... just.... just....  shut the fuck up.... please...?

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 28, 2008, 04:17 PM
Vesanic...    shut the fuck up..... please?... .... just.... just....  shut the fuck up.... please...?

As far as you won't be a little more evolved, I won't shut up.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 28, 2008, 04:17 PM

As far as you won't be a little more evolved, I won't shut up.

word....

me too
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Jacob

I liked it, she has a great voice and sense of melody. she didn't write the lyrics for that, but the lyrics were great too. it's unfortunate that she fucks up so much on purpose, I'd love to hear a more serious performance of this.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

White Wrist

Grandulon

Was it only me, in the beginning when the shadows were mostly on her..........she reminds me of Shannyn Sossamon.