Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lostpilot's music (the Picturesque Episodes + KING SLEEP)

Started by lostpilot, Dec 22, 2008, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

thank you, sing blue silver!

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Nov 08, 2010, 01:01 AM
      Darius, just wanted to say that this album is my favourite from you among dreams III. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Silk spaceport has a really focused and solid identity. Loved the first track, in fact it's the first song I listened to when I was informed that my brother was going to be  father and captured that feeling of early christmas really well for me.
     Fella, I'd love you to collaborate on a track of my band's LP. It's a piece similar to Thrice's Nightdiving and your atmospherics should mesh well with the rest. As soon as I have a demo i'm sending it to you.

Somehow I thought you'd like it :)
I would love to collaborate but I cannot promise nothing magical!

lostpilot

I'm thinking about sharing a couple of new track demos which I am very proud of. Surely the best things I've done so far.
What do you think?

Point is, I don't want the demo to ruin the idea that the songs will sound a little different, more mastered, more perfected etc.
And yes, you will feel that my emotions, styles and atmospheres are little changed.

Cosmic-rock it is then..

Crazylegs

Deftones-argentina

on me too, We need & deserve (?) some new darius material. (i hate to call you picturesque episodes, so your folder is labeled as Lostpilot)

lostpilot

I will probably share them soon.
I am really happy with what became from the songs, no matter how blueprint'ishy they are right now. Still. They are different. Much more percussion.

I want to achieve sort of a tribal element in this album, which I have been obsessed with, so percussion is important. Yet I still cannot seem to find good mixing strategy for the drums to sound nice.. they sound okay now, I need more :)
and some songs are slowly moving towards lo-fi end.. but still are somewhat mixed accordingly.

this album is weird. I mean, you can expect things after Endless Blooms, but the album shifts there greatly, back and forth, back and forth. Lots of varied shit.

I will stop making excuses for my personal creations  right - about - NOW.

lostpilot

edit: nothing here for now

Deftones-argentina

D, you were right. Your music is to embrace its biggest change ever. The songs sound huge, they could touch trillions of people without loosing a bit of its essence. I couldn't help but smile when listening to the first notes of the Multiverse. still, I'd like you to work on developing the drum programing skills, which is kind of the weak point of your recordings (still in this demos they are quite better I think). Maybe some drummer you know, or from internet? I don't know.
     Last but not least, I encourage you to use Marimba on this next batch of compositions, the timing is definetively right.
Take a look how they sound: (this is a little midi I took the oportunity to write in the moment and add some fx's just for the sake of adding something creative to it, hope it enhances the experience ) http://www.mediafire.com/?m60ac59c4obth4c

lostpilot

Yes, I have  to find a way to program drums better. I think what I will do is get a very special reverb for the drums, vary the intensity, maybe use other samples.. I'm happy with the drums in Blooms, but other songs still have to improve. I will have  to find a way. I don't really know :)

you could give me advice on the mixing/mastering the drums or something. anyway.
I believe this could be THE record :)

Deftones-argentina

I'd preffer you send me the drums on a stereo track & the music in another to test my thoughts and adjusting them before giving a possible solution to you. But anyway I highly reccomend you do some more research on drum programming & libraries before acting on its sound. A few people here might be in the know how.

lostpilot

lostpilot

Here you can find first 4 tracks of  the massive "Endless Lullabies", a demo/blueprint. Get your ears and brain ready to be burnt away by noise.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h1glg2

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 31, 2010, 04:31 AM
Wow, just how long is this album?!

well.. I will try to fit into 90 minutes, a length of a CD (cause most likely this one will be released as such).

lostpilot

I present you the cover of the soon-to-come-out EP, the last stop before "Endless Lullabies" - "Sleeping in the Opiate Forest" EP.

lostpilot

News about "Endless Lullabies". The album will most likely be released in the end of February. I am very very very excited about this album.

The album is composed from three continuous movements -

I. Movement I:
   01. the Endless Blooms
   02. the Eternal Nightmare
   03. the Still Silent Years (Hydrocodone)
   04. the Multiverse
II. Movement II:
   05. the Darkest Swan
   06. the Time Addict's Looking Glass
   07. the Sadness Within the Rose
III. Movement III:
   08. the High Star
   09. the Endless Lullabies

The approximate time for each movement is about 35-40 minutes, and I could say that separate movements act as separate acts of the story in the album. I remind you, Endless Lullabies is the third and final part of my conceptual Low Star Trilogy (first part was 'Lonesone Sky in H Minor', even though the official story was never published with the album; second part was 'Constellations' with story in the storybook). In this album, the nameless protagonist deals with an idea of eternal life.

Also, I might publish the "Low Star" novel later in 2011, as a full trilogy story release in one book.

bright lights, big city

badass dude. as always, i'm looking forward to hearing new tunes!

so it's sounding like Endless Lullabies will potentially be around 2 hours? i like.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Yes, around two hours. Sometimes I think that it might be too much for most listeners, but at this point I am concerned with the final form of the album - every part is important, every part is completely different. I could say, that this album will have everything my music can offer (edit: in this particular story and context).

For example; the Darkest Swan will be a (even somewhat doom-)drone song, evolving into a kind of tribal post-metal sound, then the direction of music is completely changed with the Looking Glass - more like beautiful soft texture-rock evolving into dark ambient with acoustic guitars and into epic deep (yet not noisy) pulsating drone of the Sadness which changes into a melancholic cosmic waltz of sorts..

There will be many, many things in this album.

downtownpony

I wish I had your motivation. You seem to get a lot of shit done.

lostpilot

Quote from: downtownpony on Jan 13, 2011, 07:18 PM
I wish I had your motivation. You seem to get a lot of shit done.

Well, for me creating music is not like just composing, writing, recording and mixing - it's the fundamental self-expression form for me and my experiences, dreams, visions and so on.. it's difficult to describe. that is why I release so much music - it just flows from me, somehow.

lostpilot

new release on February 5th!
A live album - "Sleeping in the Opiate Forest".

Of course, depends on what you call live. Subjectivity.
Six tracks, 30 minutes. Minimalistic, drone-y, music for floating while intoxicated.

the Picturesque Episodes - Collapsing Towers