Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2009 Sharing Lungs Music Draft (Discussion)

Started by theis, Apr 27, 2009, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

theis

over 12 hours have passed since Starz made his pick.

Wither-I is now in green and his turn will be skipped.

lithium, your're up!

An bád dubh

Man, people should make their picks yo.

theis

yeah this is getting annoying. people shouldnt sign up if they wont have time to make picks.

theis

Scarf_Bitch

\

An bád dubh

The competition is gonna last a bit longer than thought in the beginning, maybe the drafting will last for about 30 days if we get 1 round done in 3 days as it seems now. 30 days is not too long but we could speed up the competition with some changes.

Here's some suggestions, just theoretical though, they could end up making the drafting even longer than what it is now hehe.

We could have 2 options starting from the second round to speed up the competition. It seems now that people come here to take a look either at the wrong time and not often enough to see if it's their turn already or it goes so that a guy from the US picks at 7pm and a next guy is European where the time would be already 1 am and he would be asleep:

1. Place the people from the US after each other and then place the people from Europe after them. That way the time difference problem would be taken care of and we would be able to make a total 1 round of picking each day regardless of what time people make their picks.

This could work but has a lot of questionmarks. This would shorten the time period of picking a full round most probably to 2 days. Another option would be:

2. We have 12 people in the competition, both European time region and also from the US time region. So there are 24 hours in a day. Let's give everyone a 2 hour time slot to make their pick. We could also give a 4 hour time slot but people could make their pick already starting with their slot if the other guy hasn't made his. For example if the slots are given as US Eastern time:

6pm - 10pm US guy
8pm - 12am: US guy
10pm - 2am: US guy
12am - 4am: European guy (this is for example my time 7am - 11am)
2am - 6am European guy (my time 9am - 1pm)

I'm sure someone would even love to make their pick at a certain time when he knows that he for example only gets out of work or goes to work each day at a certain time. This option would decrease the time period of picking a full round to 1 day.

I don't know, this second option could increase sending the pick via PM as people can't always make their slot.. On the other hand the first option has its downsides as well.

theis

hmm, since the draft is going okay now, i think i'll stick to it. but yeah, people should just PM their picks to someone if they know they wont make it in time.

oh, and awesome pick Aenemic!

An bád dubh

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 02, 2009, 11:18 AM
hmm, since the draft is going okay now, i think i'll stick to it. but yeah, people should just PM their picks to someone if they know they wont make it in time.

Yeah, the draft seems like it's gonna go for about 1 round per 2 days so it won't take too long. we'll be done in about 2.5 weeks which is a really short time actually. Oh, and I wanted to make the pick that Aenemic did, just figured I'd have time until maybe the 3rd or the 4th round to make it... damn...

bright lights, big city

haha i was thinking the same about yours. I was gonna take Isis soon.....
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Scarf_Bitch

\

theis

Quote from: Scarf_Bitch on May 02, 2009, 05:44 PM
how do u win?

when everyone have picked 10 bands, i'll set up matches. 1 list vs another. people on the board will vote for their favorite and the winner will move on to round two.

in the end, we'll have a winner.

Jacob

I know, I'm so gonna win this. you guys better step it up a notch!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

An bád dubh

Oldgentlovecraft posted his pick over 12 hours ago so Defskull's turn has gone now I guess. So I shall make my pick.

theis

defskull

SOOOOOOOO lame.  I missed it because I drove to go see dredg tonight.  They were pretty badass.  But soo lame I missed my turn.  Everyone was taking so long I figured I would make it back in time.  But I guess not.  Oh well.

An bád dubh

Hey Crazylegs, you can make your second pick in a row brotha as the order is reversed now. I can then stop following this draft for the next 4 days as I can make my second pick as well. It's just too damn addicting to follow whether it's my turn soon or not hehe.

theis

yeah i just noticed he just picked one band. i've pm'd him.

Crazylegs

it's done. Sorry i took so long, but i didn't realize we reversed it at the end.