Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 05, 2009, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Thanks for the pics luis!! And idk how to post a link on here right now but from what palms posted on twitter, palms new album isnt coming out till summer instead of this spring... their website now says PALMS summer 2013...
Was it like it seemed?...

jaypayton

shouldnt the deftones be touring europe this summer to promote the new album instead of chino focusing on yet another new band....pretty obv ol Chino is bored out of his mind with deftones business and has his foot out the door

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 12, 2013, 04:51 AM
shouldnt the deftones be touring europe this summer to promote the new album instead of chino focusing on yet another new band....pretty obv ol Chino is bored out of his mind with deftones business and has his foot out the door
Aren't they going to tour Europe this month? Chino's had side projects for ages now it doesn't mean he wants to leave Deftones if he did he would be gone he already has 3 other bands that he could slide right into ,I think he's experienced enough to balance his side projects with Deftones stuff and the others have side projects aswell at some point Stephen will have to tour with Sol Invicto, They're very experienced musicians I think we just need to trust they know what they're doing.

TheShade1989

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 12, 2013, 04:51 AM

Yeah, because the fact that they're all constantly tlking about how happy they are and how they love the way they're making music now and the new creativity and etc. is all a lie because Chino is bored. Just because you hate the new album doesnt mean they're on the verge of breaking up. They're touring in Europe this month and then they're touring in America and doing some festivals or whatever. What more do you want, a full year of touring without any breaks to prove to you, and only you, that he's not bored? Jeez. Deftones is a band with a diverse style, but it isnt just Chino. If Chino wants to express his creativity in a way that doesnt fit with Deftones, why not start side projects? Doesnt mean someone is bored because they wanna make a different kinda music, just that he's feeling more creative or in the right mindset to make more music.

jaypayton

because SUMMER is the perfect time to tour Europe for the festival circuit.....

defsteve

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 12, 2013, 07:14 AM
because SUMMER is the perfect time to tour Europe for the festival circuit.....

They have already announced summer dates in Europe.

Friday 23 - Sunday 25 August - Leeds Festival, UK (Date TBC)
Friday 23 - Sunday 25 August - Reading Festival, UK (Date TBC)
Tuesday 27 August - Arena Fiera Milano (supporting System of a Down)

I am sure there will be more to come......
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

jaypayton

May, June and July is the ultimate festival circuit...rock am ring, download, pinkpop, werchter etc...just interesting that CM is more interested in promoting his "new" band" than his "old" band....the writing is on the wall people....1 year tops, this band will be broken up

iceache

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 12, 2013, 05:21 PM
May, June and July is the ultimate festival circuit...rock am ring, download, pinkpop, werchter etc...just interesting that CM is more interested in promoting his "new" band" than his "old" band....the writing is on the wall people....1 year tops, this band will be broken up

And you're an idiot.

They're most likely doing all of the big name european festivals. It's really not up to the band what shows they do, it's about what their promoters book them for.

It's clear that Warner has no fucking interest in the band... no music videos... long time off since the album came out...

Sushi-X

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 12, 2013, 05:21 PM

Ok, so if in a year they don't break up. You have to eat your feces. No turnsies backsies.

Rocket Skates '94

kurtone

I don't see how chino leaking one unfinished track makes anyone think he's promoting one band over another. All that's been said about palms is when the album is set to release.

luisch

Deftones are shooting the vid of Swerve City in Manchester

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

endstand

I hope that they will add more European dates, because it's just nonsense!
hello memory lover, you are mine

pony_01

godin

maybe they will start playing it live then..
Dingus.

Diplo

lahemi

Sergio made a post on Tumblr two days ago with 3 pictures (I don't think there's any meaning behind it)

Diplo

Chino shares his mixtape on twitter:

sendspace.com/file/w6yw4h

Northcal

Deftones 2015 -
please be the last album besides EROS :-X

ANattyRat

Quote from: Northcal on Apr 01, 2014, 08:54 PM
Deftones 2015 -
please be the last album besides EROS :-X

I don't get when people say that. Like yeah, OK, you don't like a band's music anymore, but why does that mean they should quit? How arrogant are you? Just stop listening to their new music and let them do what they enjoy doing.

Northcal