Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 06, 2009, 02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

$12 for a sheet of stickers?

The prices are a fucking joke and everything looks horrible anyway (Mexico flag with the owl is a cool idea though). Who thought putting the red tag on everything was a good idea? Most ridiculously overpriced and ugly band merch I've ever seen.

and the DE font looks shit as fuck on the merch too. Why they not used the current logo or the classic one?

DeftonesNZ

I guess it's all part of how they stayed relevant though, before I knew about Deftones Adrenaline or Around the Fur would never have got my attention in a shop because they look outdated but KNY and DE grab your eye and look modern and sharp overall though it doesnt matter to me I don't get into the merch that much being from abroad but I think the whole revamping of their visual style was a good thing, just like how Chino stopped dying his hair or wearing thrasher hoodies the rest of the visual things had to be updated.

defstone

That merch is embarassing to anyone who ever cared about Deftones. A sad day for clothes as well.

Vesanic

Oh come the fuck on, the merch ain't that bad. Shit is overpriced (hi Justin Beck) but most of it looks pretty neat for anyone who wants to rock out some Deftoneswear.

digital bath

on one side it's a really bright and colorful choice of merchandise, especially  for a rock band, but I believe I would never wear any of these new merch stuff. (and I usually wear a lot of deftones shirts)
Half of them is white pony stuff, that's nice but this era has been over 10 years ago, back then I would go apeshit for this, but now I can't imagine wearing a college jacket with deftones and my name on it with a matching cap.
Ok the caps look nice, besides of the camo hat, unless you want to join the IS.
and a hoodie with the album release dates on it, really?
And c'mon, a "yoga pants" with "los deftones" written on it, a bag for $22.00 and a "Womens Survival Pack" for their make up??? This is absolutely bullshit!
Is this Lady Gaga or one of the best Alternative Rock bands ever??

and I agree it's definitely overpriced. I don't believe the quality justifies the price at all.

III

I atcually think they should bring back some stuff from ST era as well as DE era cause they had some pretty sick merch from those shows

ANattyRat

Their merch has always been overpriced, and some of the merch I don't like or think it's stupid, but some of them look pretty cool. I'd definitely buy a few if they weren't so expensive. It does remind me a lot of Glassjaw's merch though, and Jesus Christ is their stuff overpriced. Ah well, they're just trying to put new merch up. When the new album is released, they'll have merch suited to the album, too.

cvthedrv

fuck the de & kny font, and everybody who likes it.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: cvthedrv on Nov 09, 2014, 05:47 PM

Chill, bro. The ribbon font looked cool in the 90's when Chino had spiky hair and wore baggy pants. Those days are over, fortunately.

cvthedrv

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Nov 09, 2014, 08:14 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Nov 09, 2014, 05:47 PM

Chill, bro. The ribbon font looked cool in the 90's when Chino had spiky hair and wore baggy pants. Those days are over, fortunately.

fortunately?, i think you never lived those days, the escence and the good old times of deftones.

pony_01

Deftones will eventually turn into a clothing line.

lol

which is cool tho in my point of view.

Vesanic

therealdaebat

The butthurt on this thread over the merch is hilariously meta. I think almost all of it is quite good.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

chi_no

Freedomsoldier17

is that seriosuly abe on the right?

no shave november sure takes a toll...and steph just looks straight up stoned

wheresmysnare

Quote from: therealdaebat on Nov 21, 2014, 08:29 PM
The butthurt on this thread over the merch is hilariously meta. I think almost all of it is quite good.

Photo of you in the varsity jacket and snap back or it didnt happen

wheresmysnare

Quote from: chi_no on Nov 22, 2014, 08:29 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Nov 21, 2014, 02:37 PM

lol, Sergio got cancer from trying to take Chi's place xd

all things considered that's a pretty unique sense of humour you have there

Lucky_Me

@MrVesanique, you're a pathetic idiot for making that 'joke'. If you want to make fun of cancer, go the oncology department in your nearest hospital and see whether the patients find it as hilarious as you do. Dude, fuck off.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Cullision

Quote from: General Pong Krell on Nov 01, 2014, 02:35 PM
Quote from: gottsu on Nov 01, 2014, 01:50 PM
On the first hand, it's quite sad news, that Terry WON'T PRODUCE the forthcoming 'Tones album, but on the other it's just more and more curious who will take the production stuff...:D

Crossing my fingers for Bob Ezrin  8)

It's definitely not, it's someone they have never worked with before. I wish I could remember the name, but that was a crazy night.

buddyboy101

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Nov 25, 2014, 04:53 PM
@MrVesanique, you're a pathetic idiot for making that 'joke'. If you want to make fun of cancer, go the oncology department in your nearest hospital and see whether the patients find it as hilarious as you do. Dude, fuck off.

not ves, it was chi_no...