Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Marilyn Manson - "The High end of Low"

Started by Jizzlobber, May 23, 2009, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jizzlobber

Ive just gotten through my first listen of Manson's new release 'high end of low'

honestly, its pretty good!

sortof has a blend of "Antichrist superstar" and 'mechanical animals" vibe..

some pretty good songs on it actually..some good accoustic guitar stuff on it, some up tempo heavy stuff even some orchestra work involved ...all in all a decent Manson album. Better than the last two albums by far. they got the formula right for this one : )

<

devlin

Quote from: Jizzlobber on May 23, 2009, 06:14 PM
Ive just gotten through my first listen of Manson's new release 'high end of low'

honestly, its pretty good!

sortof has a blend of "Antichrist superstar" and 'mechanical animals" vibe..

some pretty good songs on it actually..some good accoustic guitar stuff on it, some up tempo heavy stuff even some orchestra work involved ...all in all a decent Manson album. Better than the last two albums by far. they got the formula right for this one : )

much better than the last couple albums. i agree with some similarities to "mechanical animals" but i don't hear any of "anti-christ superstar" unfortunatly. this is a good album but no where near as good as "anti-christ" or "portrait of an american family".

Jizzlobber

ummm, maybe not a whole lot of "AC" , i hear a slight resemblance in some vocal parts is more of what i mean with the AC comparison...

like the tone of the screams he does here and there, its more like "mechanical animals' overall...but some of the vocal phrasings have that old AC feel to them...

he screamed a lot on that album and he seemed to tone it down since then.

im really enjoying it though.
<

emotivelotion

It's arma-goddamn-motherfukin-geddon :)

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Hesperian Death-Horse!

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...