Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Politics, Society etc.

Started by Nailec, Jun 02, 2009, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Sep 29, 2009, 03:49 AMDoes anyone know if there has ever been any kind of legal action taken against cities whos police acted like this?  Seems like the ACLU might be trying to take this to the courts?

Think about the WTO riots, dude. None of those cops got charged with anything. A friend of my mom's (who wasn't at the protest) was walking his bike and groceries home in Queen Anne, not at all in the vicinity of the riot and got the shit kicked out of him by some of the riot police. They fucked up his bike and spilled his groceries everywhere and then just left him there. Dude went to the hospital with a broken rib.

Variable

WTF?  I have never heard of these riots.

But even if the individual cops wernt punished.  You would think someone would go after the city

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

...never heard of the Seattle 1999 WTO riot?

What the fuck?

Variable

Im not all underground crazy like you guys.  Ill look it up now though.

Jerry_Curls

I like this form of activism :-)

Everything is ok!
[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qAQrsA3m8Bg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qAQrsA3m8Bg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Nailec

QuoteI protested the anti war protest when Iraq first popped off.  My buddies and I showed up to the peace protest with hard hats and signs on baseball bats and hockey sticks that said shit like " dont be wack, bomb Iraq" and "smoke saddam not a bong".............We were some of the only people not to get shot with wooden balls by the cops.  Yeah, my political views have changed a bit.  Although most of the protestors were idiots and had no idea what they were talking about.  I do believe in their end game today.

ahahahahahaha

Fick, Ja!

Variable

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 30, 2009, 09:36 AM
I like this form of activism :-)

Everything is ok!
[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qAQrsA3m8Bg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qAQrsA3m8Bg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

awesome

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 30, 2009, 01:15 PM
QuoteI protested the anti war protest when Iraq first popped off.  My buddies and I showed up to the peace protest with hard hats and signs on baseball bats and hockey sticks that said shit like " dont be wack, bomb Iraq" and "smoke saddam not a bong".............We were some of the only people not to get shot with wooden balls by the cops.  Yeah, my political views have changed a bit.  Although most of the protestors were idiots and had no idea what they were talking about.  I do believe in their end game today.

ahahahahahaha

Fick, Ja!
and Im confused

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Exactly what I was thinking.

lolwut

Nailec

picture has nothing to do with your story :)

i just thought that some of you would like it

Variable

alvarezbassist17

Here's an absolutely awesome, epic article about the gold standards and misconceptions about it, specifically Bernanke's.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=251

Nailec

Jacob

him winning the Nobel Peace Prize is so fucking random and odd. something tells me even this has ended up being all about brown-nosed politics.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Nailec

is that a feeling or do you actually have any argument?

i mean, i am surprised too. who is not?

but the announce makes pretty much sense.

america has never been more popular in the world.

of course there is still no palestine state, afghanistan is no peaceful democracy and there are is trouble in iraq, but the history of this price shows, that they havent got such high standards.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Nailec on Oct 09, 2009, 04:11 PM
america has never been more popular in the world.
I wouldn't say that. But this is kind of cool, even though he hasn't really done much yet. It hasn't even been a year since he was elected, let alone working in the oval office.
Only Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson are other presidents that have won it while in office, while Carter just won it a few years ago.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

my only argument is simpe: he hasn't done anything yet! sure, he's promised this and that and painted up a nice future. but what if he suddenly turns around and starts another wat in a year or so?

to me it just seems really stupid and naive to give him the price at this point. and the only sense I can make of it is that it's purely for political reasons.

Nailec

nah i dont think there are political reasons. its more like a commentary or evaluation on what obama is doing. srsly do you think the commitee needs money or something? the price doesnt come from the government in norway.

and of course it is very early to give him the price. and there is always the possibility that obama is going to start wars in korea, iran or pakistan in the future. but you cant say its all his fault when this happens. at least he is trying.

i read some commentaries that where saying: oh obama is having two wars, he has not destroyed any nuclear weapon and our clima still hasnt change. i mean, that is ridiculous to expect from one man alone. and it is very unfair.

he is trying to gather people around him who have the same thoughts on politics because he knows that he is relying on their help. this is all a huge united project.

bright lights, big city

Maybe they felt bad for the raping the IOC gave us last Friday
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

Quote from: Nailec on Oct 09, 2009, 05:28 PM
i read some commentaries that where saying: oh obama is having two wars, he has not destroyed any nuclear weapon and our clima still hasnt change. i mean, that is ridiculous to expect from one man alone. and it is very unfair.

is it ridiculous to expect from the allegedly most powerful man on earth? especially when he has promised such things? I'm not saying I expected him to accomplish everything by now, but why not give him time and let him show the world what he's capable of instead of rewarding him beforehand based on promises he made?

and "one man alone"? it sounds like you think he puts on a superhero costume and flies out in the night to save the world.