Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Politics, Society etc.

Started by Nailec, Jun 02, 2009, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

Awesome video! I love that uncomfortable face these scum get when WEARECHANGE confront them.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXHDkcy9Wdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXHDkcy9Wdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fuck you Al Gore.

Have you guys been hearing about the hacked emails from the CRU [Climate Research Unit], located at the University of East Anglia, which show how manipulation[or lack of] of data about global warming is happening? This is amazing.

http://www.devilskitchen.me.uk/2009/11/data-horribilis-harryreadmetxt-file.html
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

yeah and i read, that those emails dont proove anything :D

as usally, they were being read out of context.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 24, 2009, 11:32 AM
Awesome video! I love that uncomfortable face these scum get when WEARECHANGE confront them.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXHDkcy9Wdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXHDkcy9Wdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fuck you Al Gore.

Have you guys been hearing about the hacked emails from the CRU [Climate Research Unit], located at the University of East Anglia, which show how manipulation[or lack of] of data about global warming is happening? This is amazing.

http://www.devilskitchen.me.uk/2009/11/data-horribilis-harryreadmetxt-file.html

yeah, i read that yesterday, and i couldn't possibly be any less surprised.  i hope that this generates some genuine, widespread outrage, now that would be a surprise.

theis

Wait a minute, did they say Alex Jones made the DVD they're handing out? Loons.

Nailec

wrong thread, but have you heard of this case?

http://www.youtube.com/user/theyoungturks?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/4/SaGBYnSFK2Y

i read about it some days ago and until then i thought i could imagine the most horrible thing that could happen to me. but this guy tops it all. some german article said, that probablly about 1/3 rd of all coma patients arent in a coma at all.

this guy must rage so hard

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Nov 25, 2009, 01:10 AM
Wait a minute, did they say Alex Jones made the DVD they're handing out? Loons.

Maybe you should watch it? 90% of the documentary is other people talking.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

TV Environmentalist Goes Nuts Over ClimateGate
Paul Joseph Watson
Wednesday, November 25, 2009

If the juvenile and wildly erratic behavior of celebrity environmentalist Ed Begley, Jr. is anything to go by, the warmists are more upset about ClimateGate than they are letting on.

Begley appeared on Fox News yesterday to react to the explosive story of the hacked CRU emails which prove that climate scientists affiliated with the UN IPCC altered temperature data models in order to "hide the decline" in global warming since the 1960's, as well as engaging in academic witch hunts to ensure the work of skeptical scientists was blocked from appearing in peer-reviewed journals.

When asked about the scandal, Begley immediately resorted to invoking the words, "peer reviewed studies," uttering the phrase no less than eight times in an attempt to dismiss the hundreds of skeptical scientists whose stance on global warming proves that the debate is not over. Unfortunately for this clown, his constant repetition of the term only discredited his argument with each mention.

The hacked emails show that warmists conspired to conduct academic witch hunts in order to prevent studies which didn't jive with their agenda from appearing in peer-reviewed journals.

As the Telegraph's James Delingpole highlights, the exposé reveals, "A long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority."

Other emails illustrate how warmists embarked on a campaign to discredit peer-reviewed journals that dared publish studies which contradicted the man-made global warming hypothesis. The emails illustrate that the peer-review process is completely corrupted.

Warmists can invoke "peer-reviewed studies" until they are blue in the face, as Begley does in this interview, but the fact is that the entire foundation of the argument has been debunked now it is proven that an inherent bias to censor unfavorable studies from appearing in such journals has been in place.

The rest of the interview mainly consists of Begley having a tantrum, wildly gesticulating and waving his finger around like a drunken sailor. Implicit within his behavior is everything that has come to represent the climate cultists – a religious-style zeal in proclaiming absolute truth, an obstinate refusal to even entertain dissenting opinions, and an aggressive shouty posture indicative of someone in deep denial attempting to drown out anything that might contradict their flimsy argument.

Hilariously, Begley flip-flops within the space of twenty seconds, first claiming that the government should come into private homes to conduct energy audits, then almost immediately contradicting himself.

"You should have an energy audit in your home to make it more efficient," states Begley, before the host makes his point about the government coming into people's homes and telling them they can't have incandescent light bulbs.

"What kind of American believes that the government should come right into a private house and say you can't have this kind of light bulb," asks the host, to which Begley responds, "Nobody's going to come into your house."

Which is it Ed? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Begley then begins mumbling about children's toys and toasters before he flip-flops again by insinuating that cleaner air in LA is related to steps taken to combat global warming. The host puts him on the spot, stating, "That has nothing to do with global warming." Begley then admits, "I know it has nothing to do with global warming," raising the question of why he brought it up in a debate about global warming, as well as why he ludicrously then invokes seat belts and air bags.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fCjHBGVree0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fCjHBGVree0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

---------------------------------------------------------

OH MY FUCKING GOD....Fuck Ed Begley Jr.and fuck Al Gore. This what people really think? This is the lengths the NWO goes to get us to believe in this crap? Having "celebrities" try and become models for their eugenic, population control dream? People wake up.

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ful4Ezt_BK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ful4Ezt_BK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Let's start prosecuting these liars!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

tarkil

Hey Jerry, could you please enlighten me on the link between the NWO "bullshit" (my opinion) and climate change ?

I'm pretty curious there... And please don't me links to youtube videos or whatever, but your opinions, thanks...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jerry_Curls

Naw, it's alright. No need for me to express my opinion on the matters of the NWO and their actions. I have posted multiple opinions, articles, videos showing where I stand. I'm just here to post up important news now.

I'll just link to another video of a  CNBS shill talking head interviewing Senator Inhofe discussing Climategate:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXRmITwUyZE&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXRmITwUyZE&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

He's not even listening to what the senator is saying, just interrupting.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

QuoteHey Jerry, could you please enlighten me on the link between the NWO "bullshit" (my opinion) and climate change ?

im guessing the climate change skeptics fear, that the conclusions from the global warming will massively take away freedoms of the (a)nation and its industry and (b) the subject.

ad (a) for example there are laws that limit the amount of fuel a car may burn up.

nationalism is the basic ideology behind this all. they dont want anyone to boss the usa around, they want the usa to be the single most powerful nation amongst all nations. the identity of a nationalist is bound to its nation, so when the nation becomes weak, the nationalist developes an inferiority complex.

not saying that all clima sceptics are nationalists, but when they come from the conservative or nwo conspiracists fraction, then the chances are high, they are.

ad (b) i did never hear a climate scientists say that humankind should go live in the woods and never again use anything that produces CO2. so to my eyes, the fear, that this all costs us personal liberties, is totally made up. ok i am forced to seperate my garbage into paper, plastic, glass, bio etc. but i dont see this is cutting my freedom at all.

so in conclusion im really thinking this is a debate between the servants of the free market and science.

tarkil

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 27, 2009, 09:32 AM
Naw, it's alright. No need for me to express my opinion on the matters of the NWO and their actions. I have posted multiple opinions, articles, videos showing where I stand. I'm just here to post up important news now.

I don't want your opinion about the NWO, as I don't care about it, but I really want to know why you would link this NWO and climate changes debates ? It just makes no sense

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jerry_Curls

Ok now I see what you were asking.

So the NWO is all about a one-world government, global governance. If you have been watching the news this past year, you might have seen that word being tossed around; global governance. Why? Why do these politicians keep pushing this idea of everyone on this world being governed exactly the same way? Because they want to control us, be their slaves. What does this have to do with climate change [like how they don't really use global warming anymore...because this planet isn't WARMING it is cooling. Climate changes...d'uh]? Well, the NWO has had to get everyone to believe in this fairytale of global warming, blaming HUMANS for the earths "warming." They have been implementing this ideology since the early 70's by the Club of Rome ["In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these dangers as the enemy, we fall into the trap, which we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then is humanity itself."]. Next month in Copenhagen, there will be will be a vote for all countries to have the same rules and regulations for energy use. This would be the beginning of the end of the USA's sovereignty. Living under a global governance is what the NWO wants and they won't...not as long as people are learning the truth. Truth like the emails from the CRU. The truth that they have been manipulating information in order to get people to believe in global warming. This could not have come at a better time. Watch the video of Ed Begly Jr. spewing non-information...it's hilarious.

EDIT: You think there are "debates"  about global warming? The jury is out...humans are the problem. They don't want "skeptics" asking questions. AL Gore is correct. You know, he is a scientist and he really did invent the internet.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

I'm sorry, but if you don't see any of the following quotes to be disturbing, then there is nothing I say that will wake you up

From Their Own Mouths: Global Warming is a Fraud

"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest." - Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology, lead author of many IPCC reports

"Unless we announce disasters no one will listen." - Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

"It doesn't matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true." - Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

"We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy." - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony... climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world." - Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe." - emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

"We require a central organizing principle - one agreed to voluntarily. Minor shifts in policy, moderate improvement in laws and regulations, rhetoric offered in lieu of genuine change - these are all forms of appeasement, designed to satisfy the public's desire to believe that sacrifice, struggle and a wrenching transformation of society will not be necessary." - Al Gore, Earth in the Balance

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsiblity to bring that about?" - Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme

"A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States. De-development means bringing our economic system into line with the realities of ecology and the world resource situation." - Paul Ehrlich, Professor of Population Studies

"The only hope for the world is to make sure there is not another United States. We can't let other countries have the same number of cars, the amount of industrialization, we have in the US. We have to stop these Third World countries right where they are." - Michael Oppenheimer, Environmental Defense Fund

"Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty, reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control." - Professor Maurice King

"Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class - involving high meat intake, use of fossil fuels, appliances, air-conditioning, and suburban housing - are not sustainable." - Maurice Strong, Rio Earth Summit

"Complex technology of any sort is an assault on human dignity. It would be little short of disastrous for us to discover a source of clean, cheap, abundant energy, because of what we might do with it." - Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute

"The prospect of cheap fusion energy is the worst thing that could happen to the planet." - Jeremy Rifkin, Greenhouse Crisis Foundation

"Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun." - Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University

"The big threat to the planet is people: there are too many, doing too well economically and burning too much oil." – Sir James Lovelock, BBC Interview

"My three main goals would be to reduce human population to about 100 million worldwide, destroy the industrial infrastructure and see wilderness, with it's full complement of species, returning throughout the world." - Dave Foreman, co-founder of Earth First!

"A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal." - Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor

"... the resultant ideal sustainable population is hence more than 500 million but less than one billion." - Club of Rome, Goals for Mankind

"If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels." - Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, patron of the World Wildlife Fund

"I suspect that eradicating small pox was wrong. It played an important part in balancing ecosystems." - John Davis, editor of Earth First! Journal

"The extinction of the human species may not only be inevitable but a good thing." - Christopher Manes, Earth First!

"Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing." - David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=27941

And I'm the crazy one?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

This video made earlier this week shows exactly what I'm talking about. Watch the whole thing. Great message.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/55fEAI26zEk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/55fEAI26zEk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 28, 2009, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry, but if you don't see any of the following quotes to be disturbing, then there is nothing I say that will wake you up

From Their Own Mouths: Global Warming is a Fraud

"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest." - Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology, lead author of many IPCC reports

"Unless we announce disasters no one will listen." - Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

"It doesn't matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true." - Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

"We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy." - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony... climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world." - Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe." - emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

"We require a central organizing principle - one agreed to voluntarily. Minor shifts in policy, moderate improvement in laws and regulations, rhetoric offered in lieu of genuine change - these are all forms of appeasement, designed to satisfy the public's desire to believe that sacrifice, struggle and a wrenching transformation of society will not be necessary." - Al Gore, Earth in the Balance

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsiblity to bring that about?" - Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme

"A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States. De-development means bringing our economic system into line with the realities of ecology and the world resource situation." - Paul Ehrlich, Professor of Population Studies

"The only hope for the world is to make sure there is not another United States. We can't let other countries have the same number of cars, the amount of industrialization, we have in the US. We have to stop these Third World countries right where they are." - Michael Oppenheimer, Environmental Defense Fund

"Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty, reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control." - Professor Maurice King

"Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class - involving high meat intake, use of fossil fuels, appliances, air-conditioning, and suburban housing - are not sustainable." - Maurice Strong, Rio Earth Summit

"Complex technology of any sort is an assault on human dignity. It would be little short of disastrous for us to discover a source of clean, cheap, abundant energy, because of what we might do with it." - Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute

"The prospect of cheap fusion energy is the worst thing that could happen to the planet." - Jeremy Rifkin, Greenhouse Crisis Foundation

"Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun." - Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University

"The big threat to the planet is people: there are too many, doing too well economically and burning too much oil." – Sir James Lovelock, BBC Interview

"My three main goals would be to reduce human population to about 100 million worldwide, destroy the industrial infrastructure and see wilderness, with it's full complement of species, returning throughout the world." - Dave Foreman, co-founder of Earth First!

"A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal." - Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor

"... the resultant ideal sustainable population is hence more than 500 million but less than one billion." - Club of Rome, Goals for Mankind

"If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels." - Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, patron of the World Wildlife Fund

"I suspect that eradicating small pox was wrong. It played an important part in balancing ecosystems." - John Davis, editor of Earth First! Journal

"The extinction of the human species may not only be inevitable but a good thing." - Christopher Manes, Earth First!

"Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing." - David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=27941

And I'm the crazy one?

none of these quotes are given a source. so basically they are without value.

btw: earth first are radicals and shouldnt be taken serious. im guessing some other people you (the article) quote there, are lunatics, too. so why having a debate on positions that arent worth recognizing at all?

"EDIT: You think there are "debates"  about global warming? The jury is out...humans are the problem. They don't want "skeptics" asking questions. AL Gore is correct. You know, he is a scientist and he really did invent the internet."

if you would ever read a real book or real scientific studies, you would notice that there are big discussions and different opinions in this debate. (probablly not your fault because the media just loves to simplify and exaggerate and unfortunatly, scientific studies are expensive)
but the simple mind that you are, you cannot but threw all o the outer group into one category. recognizing diversity would make it too hard for you to identifiy the enemy.

Nailec

This morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the US Department of Energy.

I then took a shower in the clean water provided by the municipal water utility.

After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC regulated channels to see what the National Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather was going to be like using satellites designed, built, and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I watched this while eating my breakfast of US Department of Agriculture inspected food and taking the drugs which have been determined as safe by the Food and Drug Administration.

At the appropriate time as regulated by the US Congress and kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the US Naval Observatory, I get into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approved automobile and set out to work on the roads built by the local, state, and federal Departments of Transportation, possibly stopping to purchase additional fuel of a quality level determined by the Environmental Protection Agency, using legal tender issued by the Federal Reserve Bank. On the way out the door I deposit any mail I have to be sent out via the US Postal Service and drop the kids off at the public school.

Then, after spending another day not being maimed or killed at work thanks to the workplace regulations imposed by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, I drive back to my house which has not burned down in my absence because of the state and local building codes and the fire marshal's inspection, and which has not been plundered of all its valuables thanks to the local police department.

I then log onto the Internet which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration and post on freerepublic and fox news forums about how SOCIALISM in medicine is BAD because the government can't do anything right.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 28, 2009, 11:58 PM
none of these quotes are given a source. so basically they are without value.
So I [or the article] provide you a bunch of quotes from these eugenics-loving figureheads and all you have to say is "SOURCE GIVE ME SOURCE NO PROOF." I know you didn't say it like that, but that is pretty much what you mean.  You really want to believe in this people. I can feel it in you.

Quotebtw: earth first are radicals and shouldnt be taken serious. im guessing some other people you (the article) quote there, are lunatics, too. so why having a debate on positions that arent worth recognizing at all?
Because these people SAY these things and they work within certain groups to help accomplish this goal.  I actually don't really understand your sentence at all. I tried to answer to what I thought you were saying.

Quote"EDIT: You think there are "debates"  about global warming? The jury is out...humans are the problem. They don't want "skeptics" asking questions. AL Gore is correct. You know, he is a scientist and he really did invent the internet."

if you would ever read a real book or real scientific studies, you would notice that there are big discussions and different opinions in this debate. (probablly not your fault because the media just loves to simplify and exaggerate and unfortunatly, scientific studies are expensive)
but the simple mind that you are, you cannot but threw all o the outer group into one category. recognizing diversity would make it too hard for you to identifiy the enemy.

I was being sarcastic. I know there have been debates and opposing opinions. The debates and discussions you have probably read about are most most likely peer-reviewed..so all-in-all they agree with each other that global warming is real and is man-made.

and I block you again.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 29, 2009, 12:29 AM
This morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the US Department of Energy.

I then took a shower in the clean water provided by the municipal water utility.

After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC regulated channels to see what the National Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather was going to be like using satellites designed, built, and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I watched this while eating my breakfast of US Department of Agriculture inspected food and taking the drugs which have been determined as safe by the Food and Drug Administration.

At the appropriate time as regulated by the US Congress and kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the US Naval Observatory, I get into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approved automobile and set out to work on the roads built by the local, state, and federal Departments of Transportation, possibly stopping to purchase additional fuel of a quality level determined by the Environmental Protection Agency, using legal tender issued by the Federal Reserve Bank. On the way out the door I deposit any mail I have to be sent out via the US Postal Service and drop the kids off at the public school.

Then, after spending another day not being maimed or killed at work thanks to the workplace regulations imposed by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, I drive back to my house which has not burned down in my absence because of the state and local building codes and the fire marshal's inspection, and which has not been plundered of all its valuables thanks to the local police department.

I then log onto the Internet which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration and post on freerepublic and fox news forums about how SOCIALISM in medicine is BAD because the government can't do anything right.

See, this is just it: I look at that all as a bad thing, and if saying that life is sooo much better because of all of these bureaucracies is your point, then you're an idiot.  That's hardly the point.  The point is that it's unnecessary (and detrimental for society) for many of those things you listed to be provided by government.  Do you really think it'd be pure chaos without gigantic federal bureaucracies regulating every activity in which a person can possibly engage?

I could go through each and every one of the programs listed and tell you why they're worse for society as opposed to better, but I'll just go with one example.  Look at the US Postal Service.  They do a shitty job, and the cost of sending first class mail constantly rises at a rate higher than inflation, rather than falling with increases in technology, etc.  This is because there is no fundamental need for the USPS to be competitive, as it is illegal for anyone else to send first class mail.  You don't think that UPS and FedEx, two of the most innovative and trustworthy companies out there would do a better job (i.e. not being able to lose as much mail, etc. because if they do, then they lose business to the other; and constantly striving for more efficiency) sending first class mail than all of the schmucks that they employ at the USPS? 

This logic can be applied throughout that whole little diatribe you posted.  I just don't get you socialists and how you can genuinely believe that a government entity is more responsible, effective, ethical, or accountable for its actions than a private entity.  If a private entity fucks up, in a free society it goes out of business and is replaced by its competitor who will hopefully do a better job.  This principle sort of applies to government, but to a far lesser extent because #1 there is no election cycle to deal with, meaning that companies can go out of business at the moment of it's customers' discontent, and people don't just forget about it during the 2, 4, or 6 years they have until they vote again.  #2 because the majority of entities you listed are headed by people that aren't elected by any sort of public vote, and #3 it's hard to vote for a senator or representative based on one, single thing that you're discontent with.

For someone who seems like a big human rights activist, it really seems like you feel like humanity's just a collection of retards that must be herded by one group who "knows best."

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
QuoteHey Jerry, could you please enlighten me on the link between the NWO "bullshit" (my opinion) and climate change ?

im guessing the climate change skeptics fear, that the conclusions from the global warming will massively take away freedoms of the (a)nation and its industry and (b) the subject.

ad (a) for example there are laws that limit the amount of fuel a car may burn up.

nationalism is the basic ideology behind this all. they dont want anyone to boss the usa around, they want the usa to be the single most powerful nation amongst all nations. the identity of a nationalist is bound to its nation, so when the nation becomes weak, the nationalist developes an inferiority complex.

not saying that all clima sceptics are nationalists, but when they come from the conservative or nwo conspiracists fraction, then the chances are high, they are.

ad (b) i did never hear a climate scientists say that humankind should go live in the woods and never again use anything that produces CO2. so to my eyes, the fear, that this all costs us personal liberties, is totally made up. ok i am forced to seperate my garbage into paper, plastic, glass, bio etc. but i dont see this is cutting my freedom at all.

so in conclusion im really thinking this is a debate between the servants of the free market and science.

You really think that all that cap-and-trade is going to do is going to make us sort our recycling to a greater extent?  You really need to research a lot more.  The intent is to tax every last thing that could possibly produce CO2, which in today's government version of science bears a completely false correlation between its levels and global temperatures.  Like seriously crippling taxes that are going to make not only the energy to power and heat our houses exponentially more expensive, but also raise the cost of every single thing one can buy.  And for what?  So giant corporations can pay their carbon credits to still be able to pollute, while smaller businesses not only suffer, but can't be started because of the new cost barrier?   So that all of the progress coming from all of the countries that go along with this bunch of bullshit can completely stagnate in the name of saving the Earth, while India and China, the world's greatest polluters anyways, are exempt?

IT'S NOT FREE MARKET (I USE THIS IN ITS CORRECT MEANING, WHICH YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE IGNORANT TOWARDS) VS. SCIENCE BECAUSE THERE IS NO SCIENCE ON YOUR SIDE.  LITERALLY.  IT'S ALL POLITICALLY CHARGED AND PSEUDOSCIENCE, AND IF POLLUTION DOES GO DOWN, IT WILL BE BECAUSE PEOPLE AREN'T ABLE TO AFFORD TO MAKE ANYTHING, NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE FOUND A WAY TO PROFITABLY, EFFICIENTLY AND CLEANLY PRODUCE PRODUCTS AND ENERGY.