Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Motion covers Deftones

Started by Rutje15, Sep 08, 2009, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rutje15

Last saterday me and my band The Motion (from the Netherlands) did a cover show of the deftones. I'm playing the drums in it. I felt like sharing it with you people. Hope you like it.
My bandmates really had to convince me to do it, because I normaly hate it when people cover my favorite band. So it was kinda weird to do it myself.

let me know what you think. There will be more footage in the near future with better quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnIN9RL6qQ

PS:
the copy of Chino was on purpose. That whole day a lot of band covered other bands for one day. We normaly never cover deftones songs. So for this gig we had to act and dress like the real artists. This was a one time thing only.
the festifal was box rocks out (www.boxrocksout.nl). It's every year. We did weezer and foo fighters before. It's just for the fun, not serieus!

Vesanic

Feiticeira doesn't sound like Feiticeira. Only your part was really good.
My Own Summer sounded good, though.

I know my mannerisms, moves when I sing are the ones that Chino does, but that's not on purpose. That copy of Chino was just too much.

jesusinabowlofdirt

that fat fuck of a singer needs to get bigger clothes. or lose some weight. and tell him to stop that gay dance at the beginning of mos,looks awful 

Rutje15

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 08, 2009, 01:36 PM
I know my mannerisms, moves when I sing are the ones that Chino does, but that's not on purpose. That copy of Chino was just too much.

the copy of Chino was on purpose. That hole day a lot of band covered other bands for one day. We normaly never cover deftones songs. So for this gig we had to act and dress like the real artists. This was a one time thing only.
the festifal was box rocks out (www.boxrocksout.nl). It's every year. We did weezer and foo fighters before. It's just for the fun, not serieus!

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Rutje15 on Sep 08, 2009, 01:53 PM
It's just for the fun, not serieus!

maybe it is fun to dress out as your favourite artists, i dont know, but it sure isnt fun to watch. depends who youre doin it for, seems to be for yourselves

Starz

You even copied the 'TRUST NO BITCH' that Abe once had on his kick drum! LOL

Rutje15

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Sep 08, 2009, 01:55 PM

maybe it is fun to dress out as your favourite artists, i dont know, but it sure isnt fun to watch. depends who youre doin it for, seems to be for yourselves

well ok.. thanks, I appreciate your honesty

ToneDef

The band were great, you're a good drummer. Not keen on the vocalist though.

slyartwork

Haha I like it. I know the festival and I like the whole idea. I would have loved to see it. Is this at The Box? My wife's band played there with her band once.

I like the 'Trust no bitch' tape on the kickdrum.

In 1999 and 2000 I did kind of the same thing. Me and 3 others played at what they call an 'open stage' at some venue in Holland and we knew that was coming up so we rehearsed and covered Deftones songs only and called ourselves Def-clones. We re-did the logo on flyers and stuff and the reaction was awesome. I did the Chino rip-off which was funny to... ON PURPOSE.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Rutje15

This is indeed at the Box. All the other acts were very cool too (Eminem with dr. dre & Snoop and Rammstein haha hilarious). You can check the site www.boxrocksout.nl for pictures and soon for video's. (also for footage of last year and the year before)

What is the name of the band you're wife played in? Perhaps i've seen her played there.

slyartwork

Cool. A friend of mine played there with his band and only did covers of The Haunted.

Her band was called Broken Circle:
http://www.myspace.com/brokencircle
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

nineteenpeoplesnames

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Sep 08, 2009, 01:55 PM

"Life is far too important to take seriously"

It's all fun, dude!

shine down unshy

The band sounds good..singer wasn't too bad..didn't like how he tried so hard to emulate Chino though.

Longstem

I saw this on twitter by accident.... I really liked the idea.

Thanks for the upload and please send more of it.. I like it.
Seems like you guys had a great time and that counts !! 

At least you make good covers ! Thx man appreciate it !

Deft11_17ones

SorrowToSerenity

The drumming on Feiticiera is perfect, you did a great job.The music is really tight in both songs and the singer is decent. I give you guys a lot of respect, I would have rocked out if I was there.

Martin

Law

Good stuff.

Someone remind me, what's the backing behind trust no bitch phrase?

SorrowToSerenity

It's the title of an Eazy-E song.