Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Worst Deftones' songs.

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2009, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Back when I started this thread I didn't like Xerces, Moana and Lifter. Now, I love them.

But Mein is and will always be a fucking crappy song. Each time I listen to SNW, Mein takes me out of the trip, it's fucking annoying. Even Pink Cellphone doesn't have such a bad effect on me.

Penicks

And what about the tracks on DE? ;)

Vesanic

I don't even listen to them.

from_musings

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 26, 2011, 11:30 AM
And what about the tracks on DE? ;)
Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 26, 2011, 11:42 AM
I don't even listen to them.

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 17, 2010, 12:41 AM
3 Dollar Bill Y'all is seriously a good album.

Vesanic - would you go as far as saying Limp bizkit's 3 dollar bill is a better album than deftone's diamond eyes? just curious.

Vesanic

I don't think you can actually compare these two albums.

But as far as the auditive pleasure is concerned, well yeah, to me, it's better than Diamond Eyes.

And before I get any fucking stupid " OLY SHIT BITCH SAIS LB IS BETTUR DAN DFTONES " comment, I don't see Diamond Eyes as a real Deftones record, and I see 3 Dollar Bill Y'all as a record made by a great band, not by the fucking typical annoying shitty Bizkit.

Factually, Diamond Eyes is a Deftones record, and 3 Dollar Bill Y'all is a Limp Bizkit record.

To me, they're not.

from_musings

interesting. but as long as it's deftones who wrote it and it has got the deftones logo on it.. i'd have to say it's a deftones album, we just can't deny it. i'm not too found of snw, in fact i wish deftones never released it. it doesn't sound like a deftones album in the way the other does.. but in the end. it's a deftones album too. no matter if i chose to make other rules in my own world.

so... what you're saying is - you like limp bizkit when they are at their best, better, than when deftones are at their worst.
that's where I think many would disagree with you,especially at a deftones board. i just find it fascinating. you're not the random deftones fan either.
seem dedicated and pretty hardcore sometimes, and usually i don't see or hear those fans saying lb is better at times. that's what's new to me  :)

Vesanic

It's not because Deftones is my favorite band than nobody can be better than them to me. Being a fan is also being honest and admit when you think your favorite band or artist fucks up.

from_musings

i guess that's the difference between being a fan and a fan boy.

but what I reacted to was not that a hardcore deftones fan could consider another band's album being better than a deftones album .. what i reacted to was that that band was limp bizkit

Penicks

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 26, 2011, 05:41 PMBeing a fan is also being honest and admit when you think your favorite band or artist fucks up.

This, which is especially hard because, well, it's fucking Deftones.

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 26, 2011, 05:45 PM

but what I reacted to was not that a hardcore deftones fan could consider another band's album being better than a deftones album .. what i reacted to was that that band was limp bizkit

Yeah but it's not like I'm referring to any Limp Bizkit album, I'm specifically talking about 3 Dollar Bill Y'all, which is not the typical " Bitch rolin take a look around cause it's my generation DJ LETHAL BRING IT ON " some people could think I'm talking about.

ALightOn

Quote from: elite54 on Jun 09, 2011, 05:40 AM

"Adrenaline: maybe Fireal (too long and repetitive)

ATF: Mascara, Damone. - Just dont like how these 2 sound.

WP: Feiticeira, Teenager. -  ugh....

ST:  ALL OF THEM! except Hexgram and battle axe

SNW: Rats, Rats, Rats, Pink Cellphone, Reviere, Cherry Waves, Rapture. - ratsratsrats has a really cool breakdown part in the middle but i cant stand chinos screams in this one "DECIDE DECIDE!!!"

DE: Sextape, 976 Evil - sound like pop."

how in the fuck can you dislike mascara, damone, feit, wgtb, and bloody cape? i don't think you really like the deftones.

holy shit!

BillyNo.9

Redsun

a few songs... moana, lucky you, royal, 976 evil, diamond eyes.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 26, 2011, 10:31 AM
Back when I started this thread I didn't like Xerces, Moana and Lifter. Now, I love them.

i used to like moana. i still do, but used to too

E-Money

The only song I really dislike is 7 Words. Really don't understand how some of u hate Riviere. It's one of my favorites!

nineteen

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 26, 2011, 07:30 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Jun 26, 2011, 05:45 PM

Yeah but it's not like I'm referring to any Limp Bizkit album, I'm specifically talking about 3 Dollar Bill Y'all, which is not the typical " Bitch rolin take a look around cause it's my generation DJ LETHAL BRING IT ON " some people could think I'm talking about.

I understand this. $3 is a completely different monster. Fred's rapping is really cool and his pitch is waaaaaaaay lower. You can see the genuine Durst when listening to that album.

Vesanic

Even the lyrics are awesome in that album.

TheShade1989

Adrenaline: Lifter, Nosebleed.
Around The Fur: Headup.
White Pony: Teenager.
Deftones: Lucky You.
Saturday Night Wrist: Pink Cellphone.
Diamond Eyes: I actually love them all, but Sextape I can skip.

I sound like one of those fans that think everything about them is perfect, but there arent many songs frm them that I dont like, or that I dont go back to a few months later and have it grow on me. They go in different directions often, so I understand ppl having certain sounds or albums that they dont like or think are terrible, but I havent really come across that as of yet.

chino17

pink cellphone has no place in a deftones album // it's too far from their style
hope we never do meet again !

sing blue silver

i've actually grown to like pink cellphone recently. i honestly think SNW would be a pretty perfect album if not for all the buttsecks / foreskin business. SNW is currently my second favorite 'tones record after S/T and it's pretty damn close. just ya know... the live performances were below par.