Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Worst Deftones' songs.

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2009, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

Adrenaline: Bored
ATF: Mascara, Damone, Dai the Flu
WP: Teenager, Feiteciera, Back to School, Pink Maggit
S/T: Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event, Good Morning Beautiful, Moana, Minerva
SNW: Nothing, love the whole album start to finish.
DE: 976-Evil, This Place is Death

I don't get the Xerces hate.. It's like one of their absolute best!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

100Modem

Well I started to like more some songs of ST.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: 100Modem on Jan 06, 2012, 06:49 PM
Well I started to like more some songs of ST.

Yeah I often switch between S/T, ATF, and SNW as my favorite album.. Just depends on my mood I guess. All the awesome shit on S/T makes up for the junk for me, evens it out. Hexagram, WGTB, Bloody cape, Needles and pins, Lucky you, Deathblow, Battle axe.. All up in my top favs. That album has the most throw away songs tho :/
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BJRed

'Answers' on the Like Linus Demo, glad they never re-recorded that stinker.

sooniletugo

Lol. I quite like Answers, it's interesting to see them try a bit of reggae and the chorus riff is awesome, but it's a bit cringey and probably best they didn't re-record it or try anything like that ever again.

Its hard to do this because I don't think any songs are bad, but these are the ones I could do without I guess.

Adrenaline: Minus Blindfold
Around The Fur: Rickets
White Pony: Street Carp
Deftones: Lucky You
B-Sides & Rarities: Black Moon
Saturday Night Wrist: Rapture (I love Pink Cellphone apart from the monologue at the end)
Diamond Eyes: N/A, they're all essential

Don't understand how anyone could say Minerva or Hexagram, woaw, but each to their own.

jonnyB

How about this...  if you wanna hate on the Deftones then go find another forum son!  They're artists, and they are entitled to write whatever they want.  If some douchebag from Montana thinks that Around the Fur would have been better without "Mascara" or some other stupid absurdity, I'm sure the guys aren't losing any sleep over it.  This is a Deftones fan forum right?  Or is it a "Imma Deftones fan for 85% of their music" site?  Come on man...  worst Deftones song thread??  really????

Visitant

Back to School (Mini Maggit).  That's really it.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

White Wrist

back to school, 976-evil, black moon, minus b.,hole in the earth, mein

BillyNo.9

Quote from: jonnyB on Jan 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
How about this...  if you wanna hate on the Deftones then go find another forum son!  They're artists, and they are entitled to write whatever they want.  If some douchebag from Montana thinks that Around the Fur would have been better without "Mascara" or some other stupid absurdity, I'm sure the guys aren't losing any sleep over it.  This is a Deftones fan forum right?  Or is it a "Imma Deftones fan for 85% of their music" site?  Come on man...  worst Deftones song thread??  really????

No need to be a kiss ass fanboy. You can't honestly say you absolutely love EVERY song they've made, can you? This is a fan site, where people discuss their opinions on all types o shit. Of course the guys don't lose sleep over whether or not strangers like their music, they're not fucking retarded Jonny.

illthrowROCKS@U

Like the guy above me said, you're a dumbass. It's a fan forum full of all different sorts of people with all different tastes. It's not a Deftones dick sucking fest. You sound like the kind of guy who wants everyone the same, fucking facist. Yeah, I don't like Mascara.. Does that make Deftones any less my favorite band? Does that mean I don't still love ATF? Expand your mind and be open to opinions, or you're in for a tough life boy.

Not to mention it's called Deftones' WORST songs, implying a comparative relation. Not, the songs you hate. The "worst" song on an album can still not be hated, just not prefered comparatively over the others.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

ineedtofuckingsearch

dude, try removing chino's dick from your mouth before you try speaking again. i couldn't hear you through all the guacamole cum.

Vesanic

Shut up.

jonnyB

Wow, now I'm being hated on for saying it's dumb to make a worst deftones song thread (on an alleged deftones fan site), and am even being called a "facist."  Very nice.  My sincere apologies everyone - I am a peaceful, relatively chill man who came to this site thinking it would be fun to chat with other fans about a band that we all love.  As a musician of 20+ years myself, I have always benefitted from dicussing music with other fans and musicians; however, it is clear that I'm one reasonable man among many apparent pre-pubescent boys who would resort to antagonistic name-calling rather than simply discussing the band we all love with positivity.  I guess a little respect, if nothing but for the shared enjoyment of the Deftones is just too much to ask for.

Penicks

well if you look at the fifty trillion other threads in this forum, you'll notice that a lot of them are actually quite positive, surprise surprise

Vesanic

Quote from: jonnyB on Feb 05, 2012, 05:15 PM
Wow, now I'm being hated on for saying it's dumb to make a worst deftones song thread (on an alleged deftones fan site), and am even being called a "facist."  Very nice.  My sincere apologies everyone - I am a peaceful, relatively chill man who came to this site thinking it would be fun to chat with other fans about a band that we all love.  As a musician of 20+ years myself, I have always benefitted from dicussing music with other fans and musicians; however, it is clear that I'm one reasonable man among many apparent pre-pubescent boys who would resort to antagonistic name-calling rather than simply discussing the band we all love with positivity.  I guess a little respect, if nothing but for the shared enjoyment of the Deftones is just too much to ask for.

If you're really a musician, then you probably know that nobody, and that means not even the Deftones, is perfect. If you're a true fan of the band, you must admit when they fuck up. To you, at least. For example, there's a guy on sharinglungs, his nick is Cain. The guy totally despises the self-titled record, which I cannot understand, I admit. However, he came up with arguments and reasons, so I guess that makes a concrete, valuable opinion. Besides, when a guy admits when he dislikes a song or an album rather than just following the mass and say " oh yeh it's awesom ", I totally respect the honesty, even though I can totally disagree with what's been said by the guy.

You talk about respect, but obviously if people think something Deftones-related sucks, they're necessarily douchebags, to you. Peaceful, relatively chill man ? FUCK YEAH PARADOX.

And yes, that kind of attitude may objectively be related to fascism.

Yes, this is a Deftones fans based forum. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to like every fucking thing they do. If you actually like everything they do just because they're the Deftones and not for the musical value of their releases, than you're nothing else than a fucking pathetic groupie.

jonnyB

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 05, 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote from: jonnyB on Feb 05, 2012, 05:15 PM

If you're really a musician, then you probably know that nobody, and that means not even the Deftones, is perfect. If you're a true fan of the band, you must admit when they fuck up. To you, at least. For example, there's a guy on sharinglungs, his nick is Cain. The guy totally despises the self-titled record, which I cannot understand, I admit. However, he came up with arguments and reasons, so I guess that makes a concrete, valuable opinion. Besides, when a guy admits when he dislikes a song or an album rather than just following the mass and say " oh yeh it's awesom ", I totally respect the honesty, even though I can totally disagree with what's been said by the guy.

You talk about respect, but obviously if people think something Deftones-related sucks, they're necessarily douchebags, to you. Peaceful, relatively chill man ? FUCK YEAH PARADOX.

And yes, that kind of attitude may objectively be related to fascism.

Yes, this is a Deftones fans based forum. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to like every fucking thing they do. If you actually like everything they do just because they're the Deftones and not for the musical value of their releases, than you're nothing else than a fucking pathetic groupie.

Well written, sir.  Yes, I called those who would make a thread about the worst Deftones songs "douchebags."  You got me there.  I'll admit to it.  It was meant only to poke fun of the absurdity of deftones-hate on a deftones forum, but it is so easy to be mistaken or misunderstood on this rather impersonal medium.  I'm simply annoyed by people that have to always concentrate on negativity (but of course by negatively addressing them I have, as you so astutely noticed, become a paradox).

It's not that I LOVE every Deftones song simply because it's the Deftones - but I can't honestly think of a time when I put em on and said "aw shit, not this track...  what the hell where they thinking?  this sucks."  Of course nobody is perfect; I wouldn't argue that.  But just so you know, there are fans out there like myself who enjoy every song.  You can call us "pathetic groupies" if it makes you feel special.  I typically listen to albums from start to finish (as I do with not only the Deftones, but many other innovative groups whom I follow).  While you may call this "pathetic groupie," another would simply call it "music enthusiast."  So sue me if I buy all the music that comes out from the many bands that I love.

As for the guy who doesn't like the self-titled album...  wow.  That's actually my favorite...  well..   I guess it's tied with Adrenaline.  How could someone who claims to be a Deftones fan not like that album??  It's a fucking gem.

Anyway, feel free to call me names if you'd like, but your use of "facist" is rather ignorant.  Some of us actually have family who suffered under certain regimes...  I don't think this is a name that we should be throwing around blindly.  Hence, my use of "douchebag" which has a certain ridiculousness without bringing in hate.

But whatever.. just hoping to be positive.  I'm not perfect.

Penicks

LET'S THROW HITLER IN THE MIX

wheresmysnare

Jonny Jonny Jonny...Jonny, just wait till they release the highly anticipated Chillers E.P, the colour will drain out of your face, your postivity left crushed, limp and lifeless, like crisps under bison.

Sorry, I have to reignite the Chillers debate periodically.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: jonnyB on Feb 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
Anyway, feel free to call me names if you'd like, but your use of "facist" is rather ignorant.  Some of us actually have family who suffered under certain regimes...  I don't think this is a name that we should be throwing around blindly.  Hence, my use of "douchebag" which has a certain ridiculousness without bringing in hate.

But whatever.. just hoping to be positive.  I'm not perfect.

You need to relax, this is an Internet forum. Facist is just a word, with much less negative denotations than connotations. "To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration." So I called you a facist, get over it buddy.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

skinnypuppy

Discussion starts and ends here; the worst Deftones song ever made is XO.

Done.

Shut up.