Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Worst Deftones' songs.

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2009, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icery

outside of wgtb, bloody cape, and anniversary anything off self titled takes the cake for me.  i remember being so excited for after getting into them in 2001 after white pony and finally seeing them in 2003.  what combo of a shit album and live show. at least lovers and the covers were decent.

Blaze

Not really a fan of Dai The Flu, perhaps its the only Deftones song I may skip. Can't think of anything else.

bewareofrats

Pink Cellphone and Lucky You.  Two songs that should never have been included in the Deftones' discography.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

lostpilot

I don't get all the hate that Lucky You gets.
It's pure Deftones. PURE.

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 04, 2012, 09:05 PM
I don't get all the hate that Lucky You gets.
It's pure Team Sleep. PURE.

See

bewareofrats

It doesn't sound like Deftones, maybe Team Sleep.  Pink Cellphone would be bad even as a TS song.

cvthedrv

the first time that i listened the diamond album was a leaked version without the last song, i loved how 976-evil could be the perfect ending for my high expetations, but fuck i had to buy the album to know a unnecessary song called 'this place is death.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: cvthedrv on Sep 05, 2012, 05:55 AM
the first time that i listened the diamond album was a leaked version without the last song, i loved how 976-evil could be the perfect ending for my high expetations, but fuck i had to buy the album to know a unnecessary song called 'this place is death.

Why is it unnecessary? I think it works well as a closer and to me it's even slightly better than 976-Evil. Especially that part with "We both erupt in colors and carve out our names. You keep me aroused, I know you feel the same." is so intense

Millennia

Quote from: bewareofrats on Sep 04, 2012, 07:28 PM
Pink Cellphone and Lucky You.  Two songs that should never have been included in the Deftones' discography.

i fucking love those songs

Vesanic

Love Lucky You. Love it.

cvthedrv

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 05, 2012, 11:24 AM

Why is it unnecessary? I think it works well as a closer and to me it's even slightly better than 976-Evil. Especially that part with "We both erupt in colors and carve out our names. You keep me aroused, I know you feel the same." is so intense

fuck i just think that way, it doesn't fit, even it's a little awkward how it ends the album, it should be in the half of the cd.

N0S3BLEED976

Ok, ok! I see your point. Placing it in the middle of the record wouldn't have been a bad idea either, but, like I said, it works just fine to me.
I actually consider Beauty School" as unnecessary. 976-Evil, This Place Is Death and Sextape of DE are simply far superior "softer" songs. The music video is good, though.

bewareofrats

Beauty School is the best song on the cd.  As much as I like 976, BS has more impact.

Blaze

Pink Cellphone and Lucky You are awesome. Love the fact that they're not afraid to experiment.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 06, 2012, 09:26 AM
Pink Cellphone and Lucky You are awesome. Love the fact that they're not afraid to experiment.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 06, 2012, 09:22 PM

Agreed. I think it definitely varies the albums up. They're little surprises.

I actually get what you're saying, however I do like the song "This Place is Death" (And it's a LOST reference! :P) When I'm listening to Diamond Eyes I feel like "976-EVIL" is the end of the CD. I forget there is another song after that. Definitely a problem in the track listing. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

cvthedrv

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 07, 2012, 06:11 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 06, 2012, 09:22 PM

Agreed. I think it definitely varies the albums up. They're little surprises.

I actually get what you're saying, however I do like the song "This Place is Death" (And it's a LOST reference! :P) When I'm listening to Diamond Eyes I feel like "976-EVIL" is the end of the CD. I forget there is another song after that. Definitely a problem in the track listing. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

thats what i trying to say!!!, i like that song in some way i just think is not the best choice to be the ending of diamond eyes, cheers!!

Gee

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 07, 2012, 06:11 PM

I get the same feeling. There's a build-up between Risk and 976-evil which is sort of a climax in the end, and then you get This Place Is Death which is a good song, but definitely not at the end. And come on, as a closing track it doesn't stand the comparison with Pink Maggit, MX, Rivière or even Moana. Yeah, I just said that.

And I also think that Diamond Eyes (the song) is probably the weakest opening song among the tones' discography. HITE is way more exciting to me than this one.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

rocketskates

Lotion seems to be a fan favorite, but I feel like that song has never really clicked for me. I used to really think that Hexagram sucked, it's grown on me, but I still think it's a bit silly with the "Worship! Play!" part.

Sett

That second song from Adrenaline, Rickets, Beauty School and some others which I can't think of now...