Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Talk About New Album

Started by defsteve, Sep 25, 2009, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Deftones frontman Chino Moreno talks to us about the band's forthcoming new album.

We caught up with the Deftones to ask about how work has progressed on their new, as-yet untitled new album. You can read the full studio-report in this month's issue of Metal Hammer – on sale now!

"When it's heavy it's going to bust your brain but the biggest thing about the record is that it sounds massive," smiles Moreno. "It has our core sound but it's different again from our other records. We just know that we've got a killer record that we're all proud of. You'll understand why when you hear it."

Read the full details on the forthcoming Deftones album and how they coped with recording without bassist Chi Cheng in this month's Metal Hammer magazine – on sale now!

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

tarkil

Looks very interesting... If anyone has scans that he could post, that would be awesome !!!!

Thanks in advance

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

release it already. you're not some fucking TOOL or something.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 25, 2009, 10:26 AM
release it already. you're not some fucking TOOL or something.

easy now...

im looking forward to this though..fuck how can anyone NOT look forward to a new Deftones album??

Im just a bit...on the "meh" side with this sergio vega guy joining, but i guess its an essential thing they have to do..

musically though, i dont know what to hope for really..good , unique sounding songs i guess..

But keeping it more "street" this time and less 'artsy" maybe..less of a digital feel too, im all for supporting Frank and his role in the band, but , his contribution can sometimes be a case of "over-playing" imo..i hope for less electronica "beats" on the songs..

i prefer the bare bones type of formula on ATF..WP had the perfect blend of electro...but i think SNW had too much of his contribution..

i also hope Stef has changed his bitching attitude about how he "has to start writing all the songs..." etc...i mean, c'mon, if you're good at something, why bitch and moan about it..he should write as much as he can really!..

<

Penicks

Another self-titled would make me so happy. But I'll listen to anything these guys release.

Urantia23

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 25, 2009, 09:08 AM

....We just know that we've got a killer record that we're all proud of. ...

ohh shit, these lines made my day  :D  :D

DefAlx

I want some more info about Deftones' killer record!!! Please scan and share pages from metal hammer!

Vesanic

Yeah, right. Everytime a new CD comes out, Chino is like: " Oh my god this is our best record ever I'm so proud of it it's part of myself. "

Cut the words, drop the thing.

pixElsblUr

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, right. Everytime a new CD comes out, Chino is like: " Oh my god this is our best record ever I'm so proud of it it's part of myself. "

Cut the words, drop the thing.

it's more like, this is the heaviest music we've ever made, he always says the same exact thing, but they feel very confident on their new work, im excited, i can't wait for the leak... i mean, for the release.

wither-I

i looked at the metal hammer at the store and skimmed through but i didnt see anything. i didnt really look that hard either. scan fanboy! SCAN!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Inkblades

Alright, looks like I'm driving to Borders...

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 03:04 PM

if u spend 2-3 years on a rec its pretty stupid to go out and say "man.. our new stuff sucks!".-.. of course u have to promote it.
but chino didnt say snw was their best shit at any time? ..on madden live105 for example he said "um.. i dont know... no" when the interviewer asked if snw was their best rec when it was released. and s/t ,... only frank said it was the best ever as ai recall

Vesanic

I don't remember where was made the interview, but Chino actually did say SNW was the best stuff he had ever written. It is a finnish interview, if I remember well.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 06:33 PM
I don't remember where was made the interview, but Chino actually did say SNW was the best stuff he had ever written. It is a finnish interview, if I remember well.

ok cool. please post it

Vesanic

Ok. Let me finish uploading london 2003 first.

nineteenpeoplesnames

As long as it sounds different to the other albums it's gonna be ace. No point in releasing Deftones 2 or Around The Fur 2 etc etc.

I liked Around The Fur because it was different to Adrenaline. White Pony cos it was more creative. Self Titled cos it was just heavy as hell. Saturday Night Wrist cos it was very soundscape ish. There's abit of everything in there so I hope this new one is something different.

Inkblades

Went to the bookstore but they still had last month's Metal Hammer. Those bastards.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 26, 2009, 01:31 AM
Went to the bookstore but they still had last month's Metal Hammer. Those bastards.
that used to piss me off. that's why i gave up long long ago on going to the bookstore to get a magazine when i heard deftones was in it, cause EVERY time i went, last months issue was still there. but now i rely on you fine people to scan them, so i'm not saying quick looking, lolz

cEvin Key

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 06:33 PM

i must agree, a beautiful concept/personal album with atmosphere, intensity, melody yet has an awful story behind it.
its about time deftones release an un-mixed track like beware, before SNW came out
Code: [Select]