Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the Picturesque Episodes - Lonesome Sky in H Minor

Started by lostpilot, Nov 09, 2009, 11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Well, finally, it's here.
Some of new lostpilot's music.

First of all I have  to tell you that out of four official albums and about ten unofficial albums this one took me the most effort in writing, recording and creating altogether. Never have I wanted to express my personal feeling on music this much, and I think I somewhat succeeded. Though I still have very mixed feelings about this record (thinking both it's the greatest thing I've ever written AND it's just horrible in every way, lacks quality and things like that) I still decided to release it. The album will be available later this week through Wise Owl Record, but since Sharing Lungs members make up one fourth of my listening audience (which is growing daily - you have no idea how pleasing is this fact to me) I am giving you this album today.

Please be sure - if you're going to download this - to listen to the end. If you will not like first three or four songs, maybe three or four last ones will be your favorites.
I put my whole heart in this record, just for you to listen to.

the Picturesque Episodes - Lonesome Sky in H Minor

Genre: Post-Rock
Length: 1:22:45
Tracklist:
01. Fig. I
---- "..Interlude"
---- "Hummingbirds in Our Ears"
02. Fig. II
---- "The Mechanical Birdeater"
---- "..ghosts Yet to Come"
03. Fig. III
---- "Movement"
---- "For Every Dead a Storm"
04. Fig. IV
---- "Electric Sand Hills"
---- "In Between the Branches Was He Born"
05. Fig. V
---- "The Horizon"
---- "..the Day is Not Staying Forever"
06. (intermission)
07. Fig. VI
---- "The Desert Blues"
---- "Polaroid Sky I"
08. Fig. VII
---- "Polaroid Sky II"
---- "Ghosts"
---- "the Death"
09. Fig. VIII
---- "The Sea"
---- "Never, the Rebirth"
10. Fig. IX
---- "Finally, Leviathan Ate All"
---- "..Lonesome Sky"

Download link:
http://www.zshare.net/download/6824036954fb1cc2/

The album is based on a story I wrote. I am not sure if I will ever share the story with the world, cause the album works itself without the story, but maybe some day in the future. Enjoy this. Feedback is highly appreciated. Spreading to other forums etc is also really appreciated.

Love,
Darius

bright lights, big city

Thank you, man!! You know I'm looking forward to this. I plan on listening to this tonight before I go to sleep!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

bright lights, big city

Actually I can't DL it. I don't know if it's zshare or what, but it always fails.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

well this sucks. I think then you'll just have to wait until friday, because I do not know any other uploading service with 100+ mb uploading capability

Jacob

I had no problems downloading.

good job, Darius. I'm really enjoying it so far.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

Alvar

you really have a sense for abstract ,yet beautiful soundscapes. great quality stuff.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

lostpilot

thank you!
I guess that is what's living inside my head, lulz :)

mrs_swa

I've been listening to this all morning and am enjoying it.  Great job Darius! 
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

wither-I

i tried downloading it but it was going abnormally slow and slowing everything else up on my computer.. ill restart later and try again. im stoked to hear this!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Crazylegs

downloading now. I'll let you know what i think later.

lostpilot

ah, guys, it's nice to hear you like it.
really.

Deftones-argentina

Thanks for sharing man, I'm looking forward to hearing your new soundscapes. By the way darius, If you upload something to a mediafire account you'll be able to track how many download it gets.

lostpilot

I know, but mediafire limits filesize  to 100 mb. which is.. well, shitty.
Anyway, since on friday (well that was the plan) the album will be placed on Wise Owl Records for free download, they always track download count there.
Plus I have always have last.fm to represent my plays.. somewhat. Of course it's not close to being correct, but well, that's what you got.

Crazylegs

i listened to through this last night. I enjoyed it, like i did your older stuff. I think it sorely lacks live drums though, the progged drums sound very stiff, and i thought it was a little long, i think albums shouldn't stretch out longer than 40-50 minutes. I think sometimes it's good to cut out the points you feel are the weakest, but i guess in this genre the "filler" is a big part of the overall sound. For all i know you could have cut this down like a bitch already.

good job.

No More Sugar

Downloaded it last night. Very spacious and overall great in my opinion. Live drums would be nice though, I'm not a big fan of programmed drums. Looking forward to the next one too. :)
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

lostpilot

Yeah, the drums were a bitch.. and that's one of the things I always think about - how to make them sound real, not stiff, etc etc. took a lot of my mind, I don't know, something worked out anyway. Anyway, lovely opinions, guys!

Crazylegs, hell yeah, it was cut down a lot. There are like three long long songs that never made the final cut though were quite an important part.. just were not good enough.

..and if to talk about my future plans, those plans are already here - lulz. First of all, me and my friend are probably making a collaboration album, probably more ambient, more cello, abstract stuff, but in a completely different way. I really like this  friends' unique style in music and been planning to do an album together for a long time. Tentative title - "51 Seconds" (a dreamlike album based on insomnia. For about a year I had insane insomnia and used to see a light outside which blinked every 51 seconds).  But lets just wait and see where that goes. And now as for another, solo effort.. a four song EP, mostly acoustic yet joined with ambience, with some sung lyrics (I have to finally overcome my fear of singing.. used to sing in various concerts etc.. darn), it already has a title - "I am Asking My Heart to Start Beating Because I Cannot Breathe". think silver mount zion. this will be a more, you know, personal one. I guess that's it.

lostpilot