Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Thrice

Started by theis, Dec 17, 2009, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

do you guys have a better quality of this leak ?
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

theis

from_musings

didn't love the gritty grunge vibe in the new record, but songs like yellow belly,blinded, call it in the air and treading paper are amazing, very good songs imo. well done thrice!

Jacob

thanks for the link, man.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

skinnypuppy

I don't like this album. Beggars is one of my all time favorite albums ever, so I am pretty disappointed.  I feel as if they would have spaced out some of the songs, and actually used less guitars, it might have some more 'soul' to it.

defskull

Yeah it really doesn't have much growth compared to Beggars.

wheresmysnare

Hmm never looked into Thrice much, the last song i heard was Paper Tigers back in the day, i just stumbled across In Exile on youtube.

WTF happened

theis

wheresmysnare

Given that they seem to have crossed genres so dramatically i don't think the old and new sound can even be compared in terms of whats better. He sings like a trendy bryan adams now, he used to scream everything as far as i recall. I actually don't mind the new sound, its just very accessible and easy on the ear but hmmm, completely different band now.

mr.sinister

Old stuff is good but IMO this so called new sound they went with after artist in the ambulance for them is much more fitting. Picked up the new record today and I'm digging the new tunes for sure.

Jacob

really liking the new album. it's a natural progression from Beggars in my opinion. this band only seem to get better, or at least stay good. Vheissu was a huge improvement over their old sound (which I honestly didn't like much at all, except for Cold Cash & Colder Hearts). and from that point nothing's been worse than a previous release. the current sound fits them very well, but I can miss the heavier parts of Vheissu and Alchemy Index from time to time. same goes for the electronic sound on Alchemy Index.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

skinnypuppy

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Sep 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
Given that they seem to have crossed genres so dramatically i don't think the old and new sound can even be compared in terms of whats better. He sings like a trendy bryan adams now, he used to scream everything as far as i recall. I actually don't mind the new sound, its just very accessible and easy on the ear but hmmm, completely different band now.

it's only dramatic when you listen to a song they put out over a decade ago and compare it to something on Beggars. they have been naturally progressing into a better, less angst-driven band. they are adults now, and i love their last few albums aside from Major/Minor.

I actually don't see it as a natural progression, to be honest. The whole album feels like poorly mastered b-sides. the lyrics are a little dry, too.

I will keep listening to M/M but its just not sticking with me at all.

from_musings

haha bryan adams..  this makes me wanna hear them cover summer of 69. i'm thinking b-side ^

wheresmysnare

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 24, 2011, 10:31 AM

haha bryan adams..  this makes me wanna hear them cover summer of 69. i'm thinking b-side ^

I got ma first real six-string'ah
Bought it at the five-and-dime'ahh!

one weak

lostpilot

I am not too surprised. I could somehow sense the creative drought they had reached

theis

I have a bad feeling it's more than a hiatus.

black coffee

If they play a show somewhere near me, I am more than likely to go. Besides, I don't have much to say about Thrice.

bright lights, big city

So did Thrice and Thursday just break up on the same day? Seems a little odd.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 23, 2011, 07:23 AM
I am not too surprised. I could somehow sense the creative drought they had reached

my thoughts exactly