Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Mars Volta/At the Drive-In/Omar Rodriguez/etcetcetc

Started by lostpilot, Feb 04, 2010, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

from_musings

i'm lovin the shit out of the new mars volta album... definately more accessible and straight forward than their earlier work at the beginning of their carrerbut that's fine with me. frances the mute will probably be their masterpiece, noctourniquet's can't be called epic and "fantasic" as it, but i don't have a demand that they have to play complicated fast stuff like de loused or frances with lots of different structures... i just think if it's good it's good, and if you look at the latest album as a weird pop album it's sweet as fuck. vedamalady and dyslexicon will probably be my favourites when the dust has settled but soo many other good ones. the only track i skip is the making jewel and empty vessles.. the verse in empty vessles i pretty nice but when the chorus kicks in i can't listen any more :p overall really addictive album

sing blue silver

At The Drive In's set from Coachella will be live streamed on the Coachella website today for those interested.

http://www.coachella.com/

Deftones-argentina

And dime a dozen did it again,

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=401808

At The Drive-In
April 15, 2012
Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival
Indio, California

SOURCE:
Youtube.com/coachella

TRANSFER:
Youtube.com > FLVExtract 1.6.2 > tsMuxerGUI 1.10.6

GENERATION:
Webstream > FLV[H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1), 1280x720, 29.97fps, 3401Kbps/AAC 44,1khz Stereo 93Kbps] > TS

LENGTH:
41:39

TRACKS:
01. Arcarsenal
02. Pattern Against User
03. Chanbara
04. Lopsided
05. Sleepwalk Capsules
06. Napoleon Solo
07. Quarantined
08. Enfilade
09. One Armed Scissor

MD5 FINGERPRINTS:
ef1f029129ac5fd285a3e4938589b160 *At The Drive-In - Coachella 2012-04-15.ts

PLEASE DO NOT SELL OR DISTRIBUTE OUTSIDE DIMEADOZEN.ORG WEBSITE

roflestiltskin

Deftones-argentina

lftpp

RIP TMV! 2001-2012  :o

Cedric Twitter https://twitter.com/cedricbixler_
Thank u 2 all VOLTA fans u deserved more especially after the way u rooted for us on this album. I tried my hardest to keep it going But Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead. I can't sit here and pretend any more. I no longer am a member of Mars Volta. I honestly thank all of you for buying our records and coming to our shows. You guys were a blast to play in front of We could never had done it with out you. My dream was to get us to the point were Jon Theodore and Ikey Owens came back but sadly it's over Thank u a million times over for ever giving a fuck about our band For the record I tried my hardest to get a full scale North American tour going for Noctourniquet but Omar did not want to. I guess a break from mars volta means starting another band and ignoring all the support the fans gave us. I tried my hardest guys All I can do is move forward with my music and just be happy that mars volta ever happened at all. God Damn we had a blast. Thank u again I just feel really guilty for not even really saying the truth because a hiatus is just an insult to the fans To all our fans all over the world thank you for giving a fuck. You all ruled! I don't think ill ever hear a fist full of dollars the same My record will see the light of day soon and I'm excited because it sounds nothing like my previous endeavors. And no I'm not joking about any of this, I owe it 2 u guys to all fans to be serious about this Thank u to all past members who helped Volta along as well. we blasted through like a comet and left our mark! If u ever see me in person and want to know why I'll tell u my story Please just be happy that it happened at all remember all the opposition we were met with for just starting a new band back in 2001.

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

theis

TheShade1989

Not cool :( glad I gt to see them once before they split.

deftones86

really didnt like the mars volta deloused was by far the best thing they ever did. One good album and the other four were disk shaped shit.

lostpilot

time is all you need my friend,

yours sincerely,
Frances the Mute

Starz

I thought Noctourniquet was awesome. So surprised at how much its been slept on

Corleone

Quote from: Starz on Feb 01, 2013, 02:35 AM
I thought Noctourniquet was awesome. So surprised at how much its been slept on

It's 2nd best IMO

Deloused>Nocto>Frances

deftones86

i never really gave Noctourniquet a fair chance, i don't think i even made it through the first two songs.

Corleone

The first two songs are pretty forgettable, it gets better as you keep going.

TheShade1989

Bedlam In Goliath was always my favorite album frm them, then Deloused, then Noctourniquet. Also, I read Cedric said his solo music wasnt gonna be rock music, it was gonna be...I dont remember what he said, but different anyways. So I guess that's kwl to see what music he makes on his own, but I dislike change, I think I'm gonna really miss TMV no matter what his new music is like.

spirographed

Have any of you listened to Bosnian Rainbows? I was a huge Volta fan, and really enjoyed Noctourniquet, but I like Bosnian Rainbows better than Noctourniquet. It's, like, what the soundtrack to every John Hughes movie *should* have been.
"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

ANattyRat

I don't like Bosnian Rainbows. I assumed I would like it, but I don't know, I just can't get into it.

Eros TBA

--- -- - - - - --- -- - - - - --- -- -