Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Thinking there will be a Big Youth video the night the album drops.

Bit surprised at the lack of press this week, I thought there would be a lot more. But we're almost there. Home stretch.

surgery

I don't see that 4sure.
Besides the lack of press, I also don't see them making a music video for 'Ghost Ride.' They have already made 2 videos; they won't make another 1 for 'big youth' and another one for 'ghost ride'

Inexhale

Even if they release a 3rd music video, the hype isn't the same now with this lack of press; it's almost time

surgery

Certainly, they may even release one more music video, depending on the budget. They are currently signed with Warner Records, it's important not to forget this detail, of course.

GlimmeringMaggit

Didn't the Holier video drop on the day of the EP release? I expect another video because of the running theme with the girl. Just two videos for the album wouldn't feel quite right when they did three for the EP.

Expect reviews to start dropping tomorrow. I don't think reviews establish much or go far in creating a narrative around an album these days, but when you're impatient it's sometimes all you have.
Formerly LG95

Inexhale

Yes, it was on the same date. It's almost guaranteed that there will be another music video. I think everyone agrees with that. The doubt that existed was whether it was for 'Ghost Ride,' 'Big Youth,' or another song.

GlimmeringMaggit

By the way, Ghost Ride has clawed its way into me. Those beats after the last chorus are wild good.
Formerly LG95

Inexhale

Wild 1, I moved on from the song some time ago, although it seems like the song got a bit overshadowed because 2 songs were released at the same time, and yes, the last part is gud

Inexhale

It's good to know how they came up with the album's name, good interview

surgery

Yeah, Big youth 'The whole song was loosely based around a Beastie Boys vibe'

Inexhale

Very good, it gives a clearer idea of the album. A comprehensive analysis.

GlimmeringMaggit

I got completely swept along on first listen, it's hard for me to make any critical judgement.

But I loved it.

Immediate favourites were Pleasure, Runner, Big Youth/End Youth, Grace, Girls Float † Boys Cry, and the title track.
Formerly LG95

Inexhale

Nice, I'll check it. I want to roll the 1st and the 2nd.

surgery

The 1st impression of the album is good, very accessible and easy to roll to from start to finish

Inkblades

Ha Shaun sure loves him some deep bass. Production sounded NUTS in my car.

I'll maybe give a more detailed take later once its officially out, but it's absolutely fantastic on my first run-through. Probably the most outright electronic/club album Chino has ever made, even moreso than the first Crosses album...which had slightly more rock elements IMO. Meaning it maybe won't be for those who want more rock vibes, but to me it makes for a much more focused and cohesive listen than the debut.

Inkblades

9/10 review from Distorted Sound Magazine:

https://distortedsoundmag.com/album-review-goodnight-god-bless-i-love-u-delete-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0-crosses/

Also Chino and Shaun are on the new Change in the House of Pods. Should be a good listen.

Inexhale

It's my 2nd time from start to finish and from finish to start, I'm going to go back again to the end