Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi man

QuoteWhy did you guys decide to compile the EPs rather than just release a third EP of the new tracks?

Well that had to do with the record deal that we signed, they wanted to basically put it together as a record. Sometimes a record is just an easier sell as far as like getting it into stores, not that there are a lot of stores anymore that carry music, but it is just an easier sell. To me it just made sense. The initial plan anyway when we were doing things on our own was to put out three EPs separate, and after the third EP came out we planned to put all the EPs together and maybe a few bonus tracks and release it as a deluxe box set. So it's really not too different that the initial plan.

http://amhnetwork.com/interview-shaun-lopez-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0/

so there are extra tracks out there, who knows when well ever hear it

Inkblades

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Feb 12, 2014, 09:39 AM
Quote from: shoop on Feb 12, 2014, 09:19 AM
You guys just refuse to believe that there are no bonus tracks. Lol

Like I have heard Chino say in an interview that now people just expect there to be like a limited edition with bonus tracks and stuff like that and it pisses him off that some people just can't accept you get what they give you and that's all. He said this in  an interview about Koi No Yokan.

That's an entirely different scenario because we never heard clips of those KNY extras. We've heard snippets to unreleased Crosses songs and a lot of them sound great. Now all the sudden I'm an over-privileged fan because I want to hear more great music from a band I really like? Psssh.

Anyway, I think we'll hear some of the unreleased songs down the line.

Penicks

††† Performs "Bitches Brew"

oooh that ending part was juicy

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

play

fucking needs way more mid range in the vocal mix. the other shit just buries his voice.

Deadradio

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Feb 12, 2014, 02:18 AM
So officially no bonus tracks?

†he Years, but I guess thats not really a bonus. I added it to my full length copy though.

cvthedrv

Quote from: Deadradio on Feb 12, 2014, 06:01 PM

†he Years, but I guess thats not really a bonus. I added it to my full length copy though.

the years is from the batman arkham city soundtrack.

Deadradio

Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 12, 2014, 06:45 PM
Quote from: Deadradio on Feb 12, 2014, 06:01 PM

the years is from the batman arkham city soundtrack.

Yeah, I knew that but thought I would add it in with the rest of the album.

Inkblades

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18989-crosses-/

5.0 review. The critic, Ian Cohen, says Chino frequently embarrasses himself with Crosses. Out of curiosity, I googled his name. Then, a Youtube video of him seriously reviewing different types of candy while wearing a fedora and a V-neck instantly popped up. Lulz.

vool421

Dino should be part of the band. He is one of the best drummers out there

sing blue silver

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 12, 2014, 08:35 PM

5.0 review. The critic, Ian Cohen, says Chino frequently embarrasses himself with Crosses. Out of curiosity, I googled his name. Then, a Youtube video of him seriously reviewing different types of candy while wearing a fedora and a V-neck instantly popped up. Lulz.

Fedora, deep v-neck shirt, thick black rimmed glasses, fat band wristwatch, closely trimmed permanent 5 o'clock shadow beard, somehow sounds pretentious when talking about fucking skittles and corn nuts. Yup. Sounds like a pitchfork writer to me.

pinkmaggit69

Quote from: vool421 on Feb 12, 2014, 09:55 PM
Dino should be part of the band. He is one of the best drummers out there

I agree, but I'd much rather have a new Dredg album (that doesn't suck).

Drinks won't stain this birth!

N0S3BLEED976

I don't get why he dislikes the lyrics he mentions in his review. Sure, they're not particularly ambiguous, but certainly not "embarassing". I think they're actually pretty vivid and fit the style of music.
Oh, and that blatant attempt of a "tongue-in-cheek" Deftones reference in the last sentence makes that guy seem completely ridiculous

sing blue silver

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 12, 2014, 11:15 PM

I don't get why he dislikes the lyrics he mentions in his review. Sure, they're not particularly ambiguous, but certainly not "embarassing". I think they're actually pretty vivid and fit the style of music.
Oh, and that blatant attempt of a "tongue-in-cheek" Deftones reference in the last sentence makes that guy seem completely ridiculous

I'm surprised he didn't mention Blk S†allion. Those are some truly embarrassing lyrics. I'd put them up there as some of the worst Chino has penned.

Inkblades

I think the Blk Stallion lyrics don't read well on paper, but in the context of the song they work fine and don't bother me. Not his best, sure, but it's an upbeat, poppy song. You don't need something super deep lyrically for it.

Anyway, I'm off to the show. Will report back later.

elite54

The lyrics to Blk Stallion remind me of a Sleigh Bells song.

pinkmaggit69

I wanted to go to the Crosses show, but I promised to watch and raise her babies.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

domaug

got the hoodie bundle i pre-ordered :D

Inkblades

Just got back. Show was a blast. Crosses killed it. They didn't do 1994 and Death Bell, which was a little disappointing, but that's okay. Setlist was every song from the album except those two, plus the Goodbye Horses cover and The Years. 1987, thholyghst, Frontiers, Blk Stallion and Goodbye Horses were highlights for me. Particularly 1987, which got really heavy and distorted at the end. The sounds they were making sounded like traveling through a black hole.

A solo artist named Richie Quake and Daryl Palumbo's band Color Film opened. Richie Quake was interesting. Picture James Taylor singing over Adult Swim bumper beats. All of his songs had a bit of a sameness to them, but it was a good song. Real mellow stuff to zone out to. Color Film was good, except for Daryl, sad to say. I'm a fan of Glassjaw as much as everyone else, but I dunno, that high-pitched voice of his can get grating live. The band is really talented (kind of like a modern, fast-paced version of The Police) and Daryl seemed to be having a good time, at least. He seems like a funny dude and kept making really weird faces during their set.

Funny little story, if anyone cares: about four or five songs into the Crosses set, some chick standing next to me kept loudly talking about how she wanted to fuck Chino. She then turned TO ME and started ranting TO ME (why, I don't know) about how probably everyone in the place wanted to fuck Chino. She said it was also okay if I wanted to fuck Chino. I was very tempted to tell her that I'd much rather fuck her, but kept my thoughts to myself and just laughed at her. When I started laughing, she responded that it wasn't funny.

All in all, a good night. Glad I saw them.