Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi man

kurtone

Wasn't aware that Daryl had a new band. Thanks for the review.

Diplo

Lucky guy, see Daryl and Crosses in the same gig.
Don't know too that Daryl have a side project, gonna check that.

Ahh girls are really crazy, I never understand what they think.

sing blue silver

Those girls are by far the worst part of any Deftones show I've ever been to. Usually all these dumbshit girls pushing their way to the front railing, screaming "I love you Chino!" or "You're so hot Chino!" and ruining the show for anyone around them trying to enjoy the music and the vibe. I don't care if you wanna fuck Chino, Chino doesn't care if you want to fuck him, shut the fuck up and stop being such an attention whore.

cvthedrv

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 13, 2014, 03:05 PM
Those girls are by far the worst part of any Deftones show I've ever been to. Usually all these dumbshit girls pushing their way to the front railing, screaming "I love you Chino!" or "You're so hot Chino!" and ruining the show for anyone around them trying to enjoy the music and the vibe. I don't care if you wanna fuck Chino, Chino doesn't care if you want to fuck him, shut the fuck up and stop being such an attention whore.

fuck those girls, kill them with fire.

Inkblades

Couple of funny moments from their performance:

There was a drink on the stage that Chino thought was juice, so he took a sip from it. Evidently it was whiskey instead. He asked Shaun if it was his (Shaun responded yes by raising his hand). Chino then called him a motherfucker and downed the whole thing. Not sure if that was staged or not.

After they finished the encore of The Years, everyone left the stage except Chuck Doom and Shaun (who was giving away stuff to the audience), but Chuck kept playing his bass! I think he was actually so caught up in the music that he didn't realize the show was over lol.

pony_01

chino is so good with ††† i hope he's not quitting deftones

Can anyone help me out and post the instrumentals from their first EP ?

I think it was either the first or second or maybe both!

I had them and they were awesome but my com crashed  :-[

This album is pretty cool

pony_01

i believe its on their soundcloud???

Diplo

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 13, 2014, 03:05 PM

At my first deftones gig, a chick right behind me kept screaming and try to pass before me, I remember that like a rape.

bewareofrats

Nineteen Ninety Four is pretty awesome.  Chino sounds classic Chino and excellent here.  That and Option back to back, talk about sweet. 

Option is still king of Crosses songs.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Inkblades

The Brooklyn show had some interesting things happen:

- Shaun seemed to be having some technical difficulties with his equipment. But this was actually a blessing in disguise, because while he was trying to get things fixed, Chino and Chuck just started jamming! Chino sang for like a minute or two over Chuck and Jono playing and it sounded really cool. Maybe it'll pop up on Youtube.

- They also played the live version of Cross, which sounded amazing and I desperately hope it ends up being a studio song. Afterwards, Chino joked that it was also a song they just made up. Then he said "Just kidding."

- Chuck also added a sweet little bass solo to the bridge on Trophy that I can best describe as "Flamenco style".

Another good show.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

honeybeewu

I went to the show in NYC on wednesday. It was nothing short of AWESOME. And as much as we all love chino, I have to say the Chuck-Meister was having a grand old time. Enjoyed watching him. It was a great, energetic performance. 8)

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 14, 2014, 09:28 AM
i believe its on their soundcloud???

Thanks for the link....but I have no idea or the time to learn how to put all those stems together to make the final product.
Does anyone happen to have the songs put together and can upload it? I saw a previous thread with links but it was dead.

I mainly just want "Option". My God, that is such an awesome and heartfelt song :)

Thanks

darkomilicic

Hey just received my crosses pre-order bundle, I got #7 with the album and a poster. The package arrived without the poster, does anyone know if there is a wait on the poster or something? I hope so because if not I done just got screwed lol

defsteve

Quote from: darkomilicic on Feb 16, 2014, 12:18 AM
Hey just received my crosses pre-order bundle, I got #7 with the album and a poster. The package arrived without the poster, does anyone know if there is a wait on the poster or something? I hope so because if not I done just got screwed lol

Did you order with or without a poster tube ? If with, it will come separately. If without, you should contact them.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

darkomilicic

Oh yeah you are right I remember that now, thank you much sir!

domaug

Quote from: darkomilicic on Feb 16, 2014, 12:18 AM

I got my poster separately; it just came in yesterday.  Yours should be coming soon.