Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplo

Death Bell is really good after a few listen, it's not like the rest of the album, it's different and less accessible.
This song remembers me Team sleep in some kind of way, maybe the beat or the melancholy, or just the originality.

It's that the first time Chino uses a low deep dubbing voice ? It brings a real plus to the song.

Inkblades

Death Bell is great musically, but I wish there was a little more variation in what Chino does on it. Still, very good song.

honeybeewu

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 21, 2014, 08:57 PM
Death Bell is great musically, but I wish there was a little more variation in what Chino does on it. Still, very good song.
ditto. Craved more content but still so hauntingly wonderful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Romain

Their Kimmel performance was pretty painful to watch and hear.

Diplo

The mix was pretty bad yes, the voice was behind all the instruments.

@Romain, what do you think about the last EP ?

Inkblades

Crosses (†††) - Goodbye Horses (Q Lazzarus Cover)

Here's an 8 minute version of the unreleased "†" song mislabeled as Goodbye Horses.

dictatesofreason

"cross" (†) as in a different song other than the track called  "†" on EP†?

aeroplume

how many copies of the vinyl were pressed? anyone know? the price jumped up to twice the price in 2 weeks. i found it for 32.99 so i jumped on it.  if i would have known it was a limited press i would have pre ordered freaking last year.

Inkblades

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Feb 24, 2014, 05:32 AM
"cross" (†) as in a different song other than the track called  "†" on EP†?

Some people have been saying it's the studio version sped up and with Chino singing on it, but it sounds like a completely different song to me.

Diplo

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 24, 2014, 03:44 AM
Crosses (†††) - Goodbye Horses (Q Lazzarus Cover)

Here's an 8 minute version of the unreleased "†" song mislabeled as Goodbye Horses.

What a great moment, seriously this is awesome.

sing blue silver

Has anyone in Canada received their pre-order vinyls yet? I haven't gotten so much as a shipping email and am starting to get a bit annoyed. I got the email that the white vinyl would be delayed and mailed them back that that was a-okay with me but my charcoal vinyl is still MIA. Any info would be much appreciated before I start writing them angry emails.

hi man

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 24, 2014, 02:43 PM
Has anyone in Canada received their pre-order vinyls yet? I haven't gotten so much as a shipping email and am starting to get a bit annoyed. I got the email that the white vinyl would be delayed and mailed them back that that was a-okay with me but my charcoal vinyl is still MIA. Any info would be much appreciated before I start writing them angry emails.

I ordered a 2 t shirts almost a month ago. I still check my front door everyday

play

so just got back from the sydney show where crosses were supporting AFI.

Waited in line for 2 hours with hundreds of AFI fans. THis was fun. lol

Crosses sounded amazing. They played for about 1 hour.
Blk Stallion sounds fucking huge live. Srsly love that song.
Favourites were Frontiers, 1987, Cross (live sped up version), love chino's melodies in that, really want to hear a studio version.
Bermuda locket also sounded really cool live. Chino really crooned in this.
I also love watching chuck play, he has such a unique vibe on stage and you can tell he's so into the groove.

It was a really good show, but weird becuase i was probably 1 out of 10 crosses fans there.
Everyone in the crowd just stood there. A few fuckwits started chanting "AFI" in between songs, as well as "play change"!!

Alot better than crosses soundwave set, the sound was better, and they played for longer.

Now i hope palms do a tour in Australia... ::)

hi man

Is the crosses store working for anybody? I ordered the white and yellow crosses shirt and they sent me a blue one. Wtf. And the link to the store on the website doesnt seem to work

sing blue silver

Still no word on the vinyls. Emailed them to ask what was up and they said there had been a delay in transport of the CD's. Well that'd be just fine if I'd ordered a fucking CD!! Emailed them again to tell them that doesn't help or even begin to answer my question and I have yet to hear back. This is probably the worst experience I've had with a preorder yet. Fuck the Crosses store. I was going to get a shirt but those fucks aren't getting any more of my money.

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: hi man on Feb 27, 2014, 03:43 AM
Is the crosses store working for anybody? I ordered the white and yellow crosses shirt and they sent me a blue one. Wtf. And the link to the store on the website doesnt seem to work
They fucked mine up too, ordered the first ep shirt and the second ep shirt. Got 2 of the 2nd ep, does her face look alittle bit too dark to you? It does to me, doesn't even look like a head just a big black blob.

hi man

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Feb 28, 2014, 01:35 AM
Quote from: hi man on Feb 27, 2014, 03:43 AM
They fucked mine up too, ordered the first ep shirt and the second ep shirt. Got 2 of the 2nd ep, does her face look alittle bit too dark to you? It does to me, doesn't even look like a head just a big black blob.

Yeah its really disappointing

sing blue silver

So I finally got my shipping confirmation but the tracking number says it was already delivered... in 2012... to Taiwan. It's 2014 and I live in Canada. Also they said since the white vinyl was delayed they'd send a CD with it to make up for it but the shipping confirmation doesn't mention anything about a CD. I don't really care about the CD but it just seems this order has gone as painfully as possible. It's pretty discouraging. Also absolutely no mention about the posters. Paid to get the tubes so I know they'll ship separately but goddamn this is like pulling teeth.

defsteve

Give it a little time for USPS to update the tracking number. Same thing happened to me but it updated after about a day. Posters turned up separately in a tube.

On a related, my pre-order bundles were shipped on February 11th. My total order cost was $240 (inc. $60 for shipping), still haven't received and no updates from USPS since February 23rd. My parcel even got denied entry into Canada for not meeting customs requirements....even though I live in the UK!  ???
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

defsteve

Customs clearance processing complete
Your item cleared customs in UNITED KINGDOM at 5:20 am on March 3, 2014.

;D

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website