Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

The vinyl that comes out on the 28th is two songs, so I don't see why they wouldn't put both songs on streaming.

GlimmeringMaggit

Yeah I think two songs will go up and there'll be an initial video for one of them.
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

I'll let them tell it...

GlimmeringMaggit

Seems to be only Vivien uploaded to streaming.

Instant classic, anyway. Chino played this one on Mixlr ages ago. Vocal hook is bulletproof great. Really enjoying Shaun's sound design on these new songs too.
Formerly LG95

sharinglungs

PERMANENT.RADIANT (EP, December 9):

Tracklist:

1.   Sensation   
2.   Vivien   3:53
3.   Cadavre Exquis   
4.   Day One   
5.   Holier   
6.   Procession

plagasx

Fucking FANTASTIC. Is it a different song they were promoting tho? Sounds different

Inkblades

Vivien's okay but not really clicking with me. I'll give it some more spins tomorrow. I didn't hear him play it on Mixlr but I'm pretty sure Permanent.Radiant is referencing another song that I absolutely loved. Looking forward to the EP. I guess we'll get another EP or two down the line and they'll eventually combine them into an album like they did with the first album.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Inkblades

The song grew on me after more listens, it's very catchy and Chino sounds great as usual. The only thing that is still throwing me for a loop is the instrumental is very busy, there's a lot of layering going on here, and I kind of wish there was a couple moments where they would let it "breathe" more. Maybe I need to listen to it on a really good set of headphones to get all the nuances, but unfortunately my pair just broke.

Also I saw some comments saying the chorus is reminiscent of Britney Spears' Baby One More Time and there's definitely something to that lol. I guess there's some kind of connection after that Change and Toxic mashup made the rounds.

plagasx

So does the vinyl include another song? (Day One)

Inkblades

Yup Day One is on the vinyl and it will probably get ripped to the internet soon. I'm gonna wait for the EP to hear it though.

SMLiberator

i'm confused??

GlimmeringMaggit

Anyone got the vinyl yet? Super curious about Day One.
Formerly LG95

GlimmeringMaggit

Day One's been uploaded by someone on Reddit. Proper chill. Not that into it on first listen but it feels like a cool palate cleanser on an album/EP.
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

That's another one he played on Mixlr. I remember thinking it was my least favorite of what he played but I'm digging it more now. It's a chill vibe - very tropical sounding.

Inkblades

plagasx

Ugh, not sure I'm gonna listen. Already heard 4 of the 7 new songs on the EP now..

Inkblades

Quote from: plagasx on Nov 14, 2022, 10:34 PM
Ugh, not sure I'm gonna listen. Already heard 4 of the 7 new songs on the EP now..

The EP is six songs lol. But this would be the third as only Vivien and Day One are out. 

Inkblades

If you go on the PERMANENT.RADIANT EP page on Apple Music, the cover is now animated. Pretty cool.

plagasx

SENSATION is an absolute BANGER. Might be my favorite of the tracks released so far. Gotta give a few more listens for it to replace INITIATION. Man, it's so different.