Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

stupid americans...

Started by DefGuy, Feb 12, 2010, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefGuy

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

blixa

OKAY, ALL THE YANKS: DON'T TAKE THIS PERSONALLY. THE CHASER MAKE FUN OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.

NOTHING IS SAFE NOR SACRED.

but they do love making fun of americans, and so do a lot of other comedians. re-electing bush twice kind of made it worse, you know.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

blixa

they always always ALWAYS got into trouble after every episode.

this got them in so much shit:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

but of course this was the biggest shit they ever got into:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Jacob

that's some funny shit.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

blixa

they're pretty smart guys. they were unknown before but got more well known as their stunts started getting more attention.

andrew hanson is incredibly talented. he's an australian literature major. he lost his mind at some point and was in a mental institution. you know those crazy geniuses? he was it. i see him occassionally when i'm out. i seem to see chas all the time. they were doing a skit once on the bus i was on.

Livewire

I'm American, and I always get so frustrated when I see videos like this, but not because of other nations making fun of us.  Anybody that stupid deserves to be made fun of.  It frustrates me to know that there are people out there that actually ARE that stupid. 

blixa

i'm pretty sure julian interviewed a few smart americans but they only showed the stupid ones because they had the most amusing answers.

when i was in san fran, i was at a coffee shop and this really white guy started talking to me because of a shirt i was wearing. afterwards he asked me if i was from manchester...in england. i have a very australian accent so i kind of gave him this really amused look and said, "sydney." some american's have this inherent ignorance about them. sometimes it's a good thing and other times a very bad thing.

that said, you meet stupid people every where though.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Feb 12, 2010, 10:53 AM
re-electing bush twice kind of made it worse, you know.

this is true. we are outrageously inept at times.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 13, 2010, 04:35 PM

i guess it's the whole you don't have to vote thing. in australia, your arse gets fined. if you're enrolled to vote - you fucking vote ahaha.

i think americans kind of thought there was no way bush was going to win so a large majority didn't turn up because there was no way he was going to win. he's a fucking idiot...but yeah.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Feb 13, 2010, 04:47 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 13, 2010, 04:35 PM

i guess it's the whole you don't have to vote thing. in australia, your arse gets fined. if you're enrolled to vote - you fucking vote ahaha.

i think americans kind of thought there was no way bush was going to win so a large majority didn't turn up because there was no way he was going to win. he's a fucking idiot...but yeah.
damn that's a great system. should be applied here. but overall, we're just lazy. just last week we had primary elections and only 30% registered voters actually showed up.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

pillswithwine

Gore actually got more votes but Bush won the electoral votes due to winning the larger states.  That's what I thought anyway.  Either way, stupid.

Livewire

Quote from: pillswithwine on Feb 13, 2010, 08:00 PM
Gore actually got more votes but Bush won the electoral votes due to winning the larger states.  That's what I thought anyway.  Either way, stupid.

That's why our system is such bullshit, because technically it doesn't matter who the people vote for, it's their representatives in the electoral college that are doing the final voting.  So in a perfect world if the representatives just mirrored the popular vote it would be fine, but how often does that happen? 

DefGuy

Quote from: Livewire on Feb 12, 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm American, and I always get so frustrated when I see videos like this, but not because of other nations making fun of us.  Anybody that stupid deserves to be made fun of.  It frustrates me to know that there are people out there that actually ARE that stupid. 

it is funny...

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno