Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To Rock the Range or not to Rock the Range?

Started by Dienekes, Mar 02, 2010, 07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dienekes

Man, I am so torn! Waiting for tour dates in support of the new album but looks like the summer is a strictly European affair. I live forty minutes from Columbus and could fork out big money to go to this show but should I? I would rather catch them in the fall with a 20 song set than see them earlier for a twelve song set at twice the price. What do you guys think? Btw, I have absolutely no intrest in ANY other band playing at RtR....

Livewire

Really?  You don't even want to see Coheed and Cambria or Mastodon?  I'm going all the way from Atlanta (8 hour drive) to the concert just based on these three bands.  That and it's an awesome road trip with good friends.  But if Deftones are you're only interest then I would say just wait.

Dienekes

Quote from: Livewire on Mar 02, 2010, 07:15 AM
Really?  You don't even want to see Coheed and Cambria or Mastodon?  I'm going all the way from Atlanta (8 hour drive) to the concert just based on these three bands.  That and it's an awesome road trip with good friends.  But if Deftones are you're only interest then I would say just wait.

I would like to see mastodon, but that is it. I would have to spring for 2 tix and then listen to the "better half" bitch. See why o am torn? She does love deftones though, maybe now that Chino is thin again she would deal with it... Hmmmmm, now you got me thinking... How long do you think the set will be???

Vesanic

You're gonna record some stuff at Rock on the Range, dude ?

jesusinabowlofdirt

i would think going to a deftones concert and focusing on a fucking camera allt the time would take a lot from the experience. i think its cool to see shows i couldnt visit and so on, but dang..

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 02, 2010, 08:01 AMi would think going to a deftones concert and focusing on a fucking camera allt the time would take a lot from the experience. i think its cool to see shows i couldnt visit and so on, but dang..

Yep, you're totally right. God bless bootleggers for their sacrifice.

Livewire

I wouldn't blame you for waiting to see them when they're on tour with just a few bands that are infinitely better than most of the ones that are going to be at ROTR (Puddle of Mudd, Papa Roach, Theory of a Deadman, WTF!).  Plus if you only live 40 mins from Columbus there's probably going to be plenty of stops close enough to you when they tour the US.  And you may have to put up with this at ROTR:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34544022

Vesanic

Quote from: Livewire on Mar 02, 2010, 08:54 AM
And you may have to put up with this at ROTR

People get dumber and dumber everyday.

Jacob

how the fuck did all those beer bottles get to the stage? don't you have strict rules regarding glass bottles etc on shows?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Livewire

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 02, 2010, 09:01 AM
how the fuck did all those beer bottles get to the stage? don't you have strict rules regarding glass bottles etc on shows?

I have no idea, my friends took this video when they were there last year, and I've never thought to ask them why all these bottles were there.

lostpilot

Starz

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 02, 2010, 08:01 AM
i would think going to a deftones concert and focusing on a fucking camera allt the time would take a lot from the experience. i think its cool to see shows i couldnt visit and so on, but dang..

yeah i agree. i'd take something like a mini disc recorder or something to record the audio, but fuck standing there filming it lol. god bless you all who do otherwise i would never seen a live video of battle-axe.

def-head

I'll be coming in from Pittsburgh to see the show. Some of the other bands should be interesting to see. I probably wouldn't go to a killswitch show but they will be there so I'll check them out same with other bands. I've seen Sevendust a couple of times and enjoyed their shows as with Godsmack. Limp Bizkit is a band I have seen live a bunch of times, like 8 times from 97-00. It might be cool to see them again, not sure if they have the original lineup or not. It should be a fun way to start off the summer anyhow, roadtrip, beers, and a Deftones show. I wouldn't be going to this show if the Deftones weren't playing. Does anybody know which day they will be playing?

pixElsblUr

you know, it's really not too hard to record a show, I mean, you just hold the camera in the air and point it in the right direction, have a few dudes doing that taking turns on tracks and an audio guy and your set.

anyway, this sounds kike a good time, if i didn't have to work and watch my kid i would make the trip fo sho

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 02, 2010, 07:46 PM
you know, it's really not too hard to record a show, I mean, you just hold the camera in the air and point it in the right direction, have a few dudes doing that taking turns on tracks and an audio guy and your set.

anyway, this sounds kike a good time, if i didn't have to work and watch my kid i would make the trip fo sho

u dont seem to know how to rock out at a show...  stand still for a whole show, what are u a tree or something?  ;) for example, during the bridge of korea - when chino usually tells the crowd to jump up and down, wouldnt it be pretty boring if everybody just went:  " wut..? no way.. im gonna stand here like a stiff mother fucker filming this shit insted"

have a beer and dance ffs!  :D

goldpony

i wouldn't pay the cash to see this show. wait till they come around on tour, RotR sucks
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

pixElsblUr

jesus, i wouldn't just stand there like a hard cock bro, and I totally get ripped at shows dude, a lil somethin in the parking lot a few drinks and when im inside I normally like to pound a few more brews if I have time get all numb n shit, uh huh... and fuck that, i will jump up n down when and if I feel like it Chino, I payed you to entertain me fool, you jump up n down ;), yeah

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 02, 2010, 09:21 PM
fuck that, i will jump up n down when and if I feel like it Chino, I payed you to entertain me fool, you jump up n down ;), yeah

heh ok.. fair enough

defTHE1s

Quote from: Starz on Mar 02, 2010, 11:29 AM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 02, 2010, 08:01 AM

yeah i agree. i'd take something like a mini disc recorder or something to record the audio, but fuck standing there filming it lol. god bless you all who do otherwise i would never seen a live video of battle-axe.
mini disc recorder ftw.
and god bless all the bootleggers for sure.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...