Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gui

Quote from: Dienekes on Mar 16, 2010, 02:39 AM

Oh well they are 1 for 2 with me so far... I got a feeling this a track made for the label. I give them the benefit of the doubt. Put a radio track out, they deserve some airplay and sales. Just make the rest of the record for your fans.

this song wasnt made for the fan ? come on, go away. YOu don'T like it yeah right cool, many fans are loving it, you are not the definition of deftones fans. I dont care if you hate it with a passion, i hate the song Rickets, i don't think you care. Deftones never make songs for the radio or the disk company exception of Back to school.

m1nusblindfoLd

Okay, this is what I thought after listening to the 30 second clip;

Diamond Eyes is purely grounded in the now from what I heard. It just doesn't have that timeless deftones vibe/sound. Hey, if you are a big Tool fan you gotta be loving it! Deftones pave the way and do thier own thing and have thier own sound. I just don't hear it in this. SNW material sounds way stronger than DE.

Gotta say, the whole track did not change my opinion.

Pluses are the rocking guitar, frank's work and the break with the yelps and coffin lyric.

Minuses are the SHITTY chorus that sounds nothing like chino and way to much like every shit band on the radio. Ruins the song for me.

Oh, and to all you fucked who told me song length does not matter... FUCK OFF! You can't tell me an extra minute would not have helped this song a SHITLOAD! As it is it sounds way too jammed together with no payoff. Don't you guys know it is better to spend a little time in the pussy rather than blowing your load as soon as your dick touches it?

Oh well they are 1 for 2 with me so far... I got a feeling this a track made for the label. I give them the benefit of the doubt. Put a radio track out, they deserve some airplay and sales. Just make the rest of the record for your fans.

<----Agree, agree, agree

Quote from: gui on Mar 16, 2010, 02:45 AM
this song wasnt made for the fan ? come on, go away. YOu don'T like it yeah right cool, many fans are loving it, you are not the definition of deftones fans. I dont care if you hate it with a passion, i hate the song Rickets, i don't think you care. Deftones never make songs for the radio or the disk company exception of Back to school.

Who hates Rickets? It's so unique like the rest of ATF! (for real!)

HXGRMWORLD

Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

gui

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 16, 2010, 02:46 AM
Okay, this is what I thought after listening to the 30 second clip;

Diamond Eyes is purely grounded in the now from what I heard. It just doesn't have that timeless deftones vibe/sound. Hey, if you are a big Tool fan you gotta be loving it! Deftones pave the way and do thier own thing and have thier own sound. I just don't hear it in this. SNW material sounds way stronger than DE.

Gotta say, the whole track did not change my opinion.

Pluses are the rocking guitar, frank's work and the break with the yelps and coffin lyric.

Minuses are the SHITTY chorus that sounds nothing like chino and way to much like every shit band on the radio. Ruins the song for me.

Oh, and to all you fucked who told me song length does not matter... FUCK OFF! You can't tell me an extra minute would not have helped this song a SHITLOAD! As it is it sounds way too jammed together with no payoff. Don't you guys know it is better to spend a little time in the pussy rather than blowing your load as soon as your dick touches it?

<----Agree, agree, agree

Quote from: gui on Mar 16, 2010, 02:45 AM

Who hates Rickets? It's so unique like the rest of ATF! (for real!)

I do, it think it's repetitive, too long and the lyrics are dumb. I like the heavy deftones song, but i prefer the more epic songs like fireal, bqad, change, digital bath, battle axe, death blow etc. So Diamond Eyes is more my type. Lotion is another song i don't really care about, i'm not skipping it, i only kinda like it when i'm pissed off. I'd prefer Crenshaw over those 2 songs. Doesn't mean i'm not a real fan of the band.

Hidalgo

rickets is cool, but it used to drive me NUTS in 1998 during a really bad breakup with the love of my life. hearing that phone sound on the song would send me running to get the phone, but it wasn't ringing, then i'd go back and it really would ring, which would confuse me, repeat process all while being extremely pissed and overwhelmed with heartache. good times

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 02:57 AM
rickets is cool, but it used to drive me NUTS in 1998 during a really bad breakup with the love of my life. hearing that was phone sound on the song would send me running to get the phone, but it wasn't ringing, then i'd go back and it really would ring, which would confuse me, repeat process all while being extremely pissed and overwhelmed with heartache. good times

Haha love that phone sound in it. Always gets me.

gui

its funny how i just called rickets, probable the shortest deftones song ever....too long...i dislike it just like that lol

Ponte506

I personally see Diamond Eyes as an opener...an intro if you will.  Almost an "explanation" if you will of what's to come.  A short prose Chino uses to set up the album for what will sure to be one of the most replayable albums they've put it.  I think the length is perfect.

Plus, I'm REALLY hoping that what we've heard was the "radio edit" and that during the mid-song breakdown, and ending is laden with Chino's visceral screams.  It seems like his 2 little screams in the middle are almost an isolated section that were originally a part of more screaming.  Perhaps it was full of explatives, thus making it not "radio friendly".  Anyone else agree?

gui

Quote from: Ponte506 on Mar 16, 2010, 03:09 AM
I personally see Diamond Eyes as an opener...an intro if you will.  Almost an "explanation" if you will of what's to come.  A short prose Chino uses to set up the album for what will sure to be one of the most replayable albums they've put it.  I think the length is perfect.

Plus, I'm REALLY hoping that what we've heard was the "radio edit" and that during the mid-song breakdown, and ending is laden with Chino's visceral screams.  It seems like his 2 little screams in the middle are almost an isolated section that were originally a part of more screaming.  Perhaps it was full of explatives, thus making it not "radio friendly".  Anyone else agree?

amazon clocks the album version of the song at 3:08 so i doubt it.

FeetLikeFins

I will say this:  That chorus sticks in your head like nobody's business.  

Hidalgo

nah, i think what we hear is what we get, plus 13 secs

Dienekes

Quote from: Ponte506 on Mar 16, 2010, 03:09 AM

Interesting take about the song being an intro. I like that idea.

As far as the song being a radio edit, yeah like others have said, it was listed at 3:08...

As far as the 2 little yelps... My favorite part of the song by far. That part actually makes me think it is Chino singing it!

deftoolsys07

yeah we obviously missed the intro... theres your 13 seconds... i don't believe there was anything more in that TINY fucking breakdown... i wish there were some actual screems though, he could have cussed there but i don't think he did... they knew this was going to be their single, and i don't think they wanted random "fucks" in it so the radio wouldn't play it...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Hidalgo

sounds like Chnio to me, the whole song. just him using melodies we aren't used to from him. he did great on this song, he's the mvp of the track for sure

Hidalgo

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Mar 16, 2010, 03:28 AM
yeah we obviously missed the intro... theres your 13 seconds... i don't believe there was anything more in that TINY fucking breakdown... i wish there were some actual screems though, he could have cussed there but i don't think he did... they knew this was going to be their single, and i don't think they wanted random "fucks" in it so the radio wouldn't play it...
Chino doesn't cuss much anyway. there are a few screams

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 16, 2010, 03:30 AM
sounds like Chnio to me, the whole song. just him using melodies we aren't used to from him. he did great on this song, he's the mvp of the track for sure

yes, BUT can he do it live??? haha.. remember HITE? they stopped playing that live right? for obvious reasons..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

E-Money

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Mar 16, 2010, 03:32 AM

yes, BUT can he do it live??? haha.. remember HITE? they stopped playing that live right? for obvious reasons..

I honestly think he'll be able to pull this off live.  The chorus isn't that tough to sing + he's in much better shape.  I'd like to see him play Hole in The Earth again now.  I bet it would be little bit better. 

Hidalgo

we'll see. he had a hell of a time with the "hate all" note live. they recorded the album so seperate that Chino didn't stop to think he should practice it live first. this album they played all the songs live a million times together to get them down. my guess is he'll be able to pull this off live, like RS

TheShade1989

I'm not sure if I like it more than Rocket Skates or not. Hmm...we'll have to see. I love it anyways. Like I've already said, I get what ppl are saying about it being a new kind of Deftones (which would suck for me, because I hate wen things change a lot), but at the same time, I think it's just because it's a new album and a new time in their lives, because to me, it's their style to have different styles and kinds of songs. So yup, I'm liking this.

Hidalgo

Quote from: stapezee on Mar 16, 2010, 03:36 AM

I honestly think he'll be able to pull this off live.  The chorus isn't that tough to sing + he's in much better shape.  I'd like to see him play Hole in The Earth again now.  I bet it would be little bit better. 
yea, i think he'd do better at HITE now too. how much better? dunno