Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
deftones Eros? #2 who knows

found this on YouTube.
same drum sound but this one is kinda weird, not sure it was Abe or not.

Take away the double kick pattern in the beginning and it does have an air about it that resembles something the Sacto boys would do.

Damn my mind goes wild and geeks out wondering what Eros sounds like. Be funny if they went all cryptic and released it the day the world is supposed to end. Wasn't there a lot of discussion about the Deftones and Occult themes going on awhile ago?

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Mar 20, 2012, 11:34 AM

found this on YouTube.

Take away the double kick pattern in the beginning and it does have an air about it that resembles something the Sacto boys would do.

Damn my mind goes wild and geeks out wondering what Eros sounds like. Be funny if they went all cryptic and released it the day the world is supposed to end. Wasn't there a lot of discussion about the Deftones and Occult themes going on awhile ago?
Obviously (hopefully, anyways) they are not Nostradamus just musicians. LOLZ  The occult thing ends at image and influence. Cmon now
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 21, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Mar 20, 2012, 11:34 AM

found this on YouTube.

Obviously (hopefully, anyways) they are not Nostradamus just musicians. LOLZ  The occult thing ends at image and influence. Cmon now

With Glassjaw going all "we gonna release this shit on (insert specifically calculated date &/or repetitive number 1/1/11 for example)" I was maybe wondering if the Tones were thinking of doing something similar. But I think the only similarity between the two (other then being bad ass) is use of obscure images.

Random thought anyways.

rock_n_frost

i made a Deftones - Eros cover in 2008.
Just for trolling

I wrote ''In stores at March 2032''

Now God trolls me, i guess

EDIT: I fuckin found it, lol

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

;)Sorry, this thread was getting dry. And I will get a hard on at 500 posts, I will finally be halfway out of the peasant status!  ;D jk April fools 4 days after!

Electron§

What was supposed to be the cover of Eros? Abe mentioned all the packaging art was finished or about to be finished I think, I'm curious to see the cover..... Was it a picture of something? Or was it just drawn, etc.? 

sing blue silver

Quote from: Electron§ on Apr 07, 2012, 05:04 PM
What was supposed to be the cover of Eros? Abe mentioned all the packaging art was finished or about to be finished I think, I'm curious to see the cover..... Was it a picture of something? Or was it just drawn, etc.? 

I don't think there was ever anything really made available but for a while the logo on the deftones store had changed to this kinda cupid like picture. I always imagined it would be more romantic kind of art like that picture of the madonna with the heart and all the knives in it... or something like that. I haven't seen either of those in ages so if anyone has them, please share. My descriptions are probably not much help.

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

deftoner664

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Electron§

That picture looks pretty somber, which reinforces my thoughts that Eros was going to be kind of a self titled part 2.

iceache

I think it was what they used for the Deftones.com background + links

Vesanic

Quote from: iceache on Apr 09, 2012, 10:30 PM
I think it was what they used for the Deftones.com background + links

Correct.

Electron§

Which one of the known Eros songs was/is everyone excited to hear the final/studio/full version of? The one in clip #3 fucking makes my brain explode. It sounds almost it could be a Tool song. So much bass and those drums are pretty awesome. I can imagine now Chino screaming over that riff.

;D

pinkmaggit

When I first heard Melanie I thought ''What a cool song - I can't wait, in a few weeks/months I'll be listening to the studio version on my new copy of Eros.''
Little did I know :(

Teknoman

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Apr 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
When I first heard Melanie I thought ''What a cool song - I can't wait, in a few weeks/months I'll be listening to the studio version on my new copy of Eros.''

Same thing here... and talking about Melanie have you noticed that Steph played that song live on a 7 strings guitar but in all Eros studio clips he is playing an 8 strings... i wonder why.

PS. My guesssing: Maybe he didnt want to take his 8 strings guitar on tour just to play one single song.

I make music too

Electron§

It would be nice if someone could take the stuff we know from Eros and fix it up a little, so we can at least have our own little idea of how those songs would sound all nice and mastered.

snw9

Quote from: Teknoman on Apr 16, 2012, 10:16 PM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Apr 16, 2012, 06:13 PM

Same thing here... and talking about Melanie have you noticed that Steph played that song live on a 7 strings guitar but in all Eros studio clips he is playing an 8 strings... i wonder why.

PS. My guesssing: Maybe he didnt want to take his 8 strings guitar on tour just to play one single song.

That could be the case. Now that I've heard the 8 string, imagine how heavy it'll sound on Eros?!
Code: [Select]

luisch

I really want listen Chi playin' guitar..
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Electron§

Chi played some guitar on Eros?! What????

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

No, Abe did. Y they scrapped it.