Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow46/2

Don't know if anyone here is familiar with the band Beak, but the old synthy ""You've Seen the Butcher" song from deftones' myspace in 08 sounds vaguely like their song Yatton.

This is really just an excuse for me to play it.

Beak - "Yatton"

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

x Rx King x

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
We'll never hear it anyway so let's just be happy with what we've got.

I dunno about that... Chino said that once Chi is back on his feet, he hopes to take him back out on the road again with Eros under their belt. Come to think of it, the tracks on Eros were tentatively titled after stripper's names, right? I wonder if Rosemary would've been a track they initially planned to release with Eros.

iceache

Quote from: x Rx King x on Aug 01, 2012, 04:15 AM

I dunno about that... Chino said that once Chi is back on his feet, he hopes to take him back out on the road again with Eros under their belt. Come to think of it, the tracks on Eros were tentatively titled after stripper's names, right? I wonder if Rosemary would've been a track they initially planned to release with Eros.

I don't expect that Chi will ever be on his feet...

snw9

Quote from: iceache on Aug 01, 2012, 04:35 AM

I personally think he will and on a side note, let's be positive about this situation. I mean, would you like something to think about you that way?

Rosemary could be a stripper's name and there is no Eros material on this record but it doesn't necessarily mean the new stuff isn't influenced by it. I am sensing a small influence but mostly SNW from what we've heard.
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I don't think they would have Sergio have any credit toward something Chi didn't get to launch (if they were to, maybe Melanie since we've heard it) I say this because they didn't release it due to the fact that he's down right now let alone use material from Eros to add to this one. It's almost obvious they would never do it I think anyways.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Electron§

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jul 29, 2012, 10:50 PM
Expectations as far as what? Who said it was the best fawkin record ever anyways? All I expected was for it to be released so as far as being dissappointed, it would have to be thinner that DE for me. Expectations are in your imaginations. It's just another record they wrote that never was released. Not a record they wrote that you should expect to be pure bliss just because it was locked up or Chi jammed on it.  :)

Generally though when they haven't decided to officially release something, that means its mind blowing. Look at stuff like a few gems from the SNW demos, and some songs like "The Boys Republic" or "Lovers". They just didn't put them on an album for some reason and they were near perfect, and yet they can release now crap like "Diamond Eyes" and come behind it with total confidence? Seems a little ass backwards to me, so I will expect Eros to be at least pretty decent for now, because most of the little bits of what I heard I pretty much felt was solid and sounded pretty fucking epic.

Millennia

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 01, 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jul 29, 2012, 10:50 PM
Expectations as far as what? Who said it was the best fawkin record ever anyways? All I expected was for it to be released so as far as being dissappointed, it would have to be thinner that DE for me. Expectations are in your imaginations. It's just another record they wrote that never was released. Not a record they wrote that you should expect to be pure bliss just because it was locked up or Chi jammed on it.  :)

Generally though when they haven't decided to officially release something, that means its mind blowing. Look at stuff like a few gems from the SNW demos, and some songs like "The Boys Republic" or "Lovers". They just didn't put them on an album for some reason and they were near perfect, and yet they can release now crap like "Diamond Eyes" and come behind it with total confidence? Seems a little ass backwards to me, so I will expect Eros to be at least pretty decent for now, because most of the little bits of what I heard I pretty much felt was solid and sounded pretty fucking epic.

I think if a band writes mind blowing music, they tend to officially release it.

iceache

Quote from: snw9 on Aug 01, 2012, 06:52 AM
Quote from: iceache on Aug 01, 2012, 04:35 AM

I personally think he will and on a side note, let's be positive about this situation. I mean, would you like something to think about you that way?

Rosemary could be a stripper's name and there is no Eros material on this record but it doesn't necessarily mean the new stuff isn't influenced by it. I am sensing a small influence but mostly SNW from what we've heard.

I'm being as positive as I can. But it's hard to believe that he's ever going to function like normal again from what we've seen so far. Right now. He's basically a vegetable. And it's a sad thing to see. I'm just saying. I wouldn't get your hopes up for him ever being back in the band. I think him speaking again would be a great accomplishment.

Electron§

Okay, "Entertain Me" leaked, must mean this is next..... COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, ITS ALREADY BEEN FOUR YEARS

pony_01

I believe Entertain Me is NOT leaked, but released by its owner over the internet..

Electron§

"I've been contacted by the band management about the Deftones documentary "Entertain Me" leakage. They asked that the link be taken down as the film was never approved by concerned parties, nor was it entirely completed.  The film, as it is now, was never meant to be released by any means in any public forum."

Vesanic

Quote from: pony_01 on Aug 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
I believe Entertain Me is NOT leaked, but released by its owner over the internet..

Wrong. Andrew Bennett is super pissed.

defburn

I have the Eros album but I've been contacted by the band management about the Eros album. They asked that the eros album  was never approved by concerned parties, nor was it entirely completed.  T

I was forced to delete the original Eros album

defburn

[/b][/b]
No It's a joke

pony_01

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 28, 2012, 01:58 PM

so we have a Deftones fan that could hack Andrew's computer?

iceache

Quote from: pony_01 on Aug 28, 2012, 03:00 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 28, 2012, 01:58 PM

so we have a Deftones fan that could hack Andrew's computer?

No. That's not how the real world works.

Someone had a friend who had a copy. They copied it to their computer and uploaded it.

dictatesofreason

At least we know EROS is coming out at some point.

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

sing blue silver

At least we know it still has a fighting chance of coming out. Nothing is ever guaranteed.