Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

I prefer vocals because I prefer songs with lyrics to instrumental music anyway, but it'd probably feel very disconnected and distracting if they did that. You'd probably be able to sense the differences between the older songs and the newer ones.

ZND84

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 10, 2016, 09:40 AM
I prefer vocals because I prefer songs with lyrics to instrumental music anyway, but it'd probably feel very disconnected and distracting if they did that. You'd probably be able to sense the differences between the older songs and the newer ones.

That's what I was thinking too, while I was listening to the instrumentals, I'd be wondering how the whole time what the songs would of sounded like with vocals. I don't know there's two schools of thoughts I guess. I feel like Chino's talented enough to make it work, especially if Terry Date finished it with them. I get what you're saying though with the disconnected point of view. In the big picture I'd be so excited to hear it, I'd be down for however they finish it, but no Serg backing vocals. (nothing against him) just saying

shoop

Quote from: ZND84 on Mar 10, 2016, 09:09 AM
say they have five songs on Eros with vocals recorded and the other five instrumental, would guys prefer he adds vocals to the other five. Personally I wouldn't care either way because I trust Deftones in making the right calls
Yes, definitely would like all songs that would've originally had vocals to have vocals. But getting the instrumentals after that is always nice too..so both.

Entombed

I love what I've heard from Eros, but I'm curious as to whether or not the band used old songs from sessions that didn't make albums (including the Bob Ezrin sessions) and reworked them. I'm also curious as to whether the band has taken Eros songs and re-worked them for newer albums as well.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Entombed on Mar 11, 2016, 02:56 AM
I'm also curious as to whether the band has taken Eros songs and re-worked them for newer albums as well.

They didn't. Eros is finished music wise, and if it sees the light of day it would be stupid for them to have songs that are now other songs.

Entombed

I agree that it would be stupid. That said, I'm still curious if it's at all derivative. Neither of us have heard the album, nor have we heard every Deftones demo, so there's no telling. Being curious doesn't mean that I'm saying they have either, as I doubt that they actually did, but neither of us know what Eros sounds like...unless there's something you're hiding.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

defTHE1s

Quote from: shoop on Mar 10, 2016, 02:20 PM
say they have five songs on Eros with vocals recorded and the other five instrumental, would guys prefer he adds vocals to the other five. Personally I wouldn't care either way because I trust Deftones in making the right calls
Yes, definitely would like all songs that would've originally had vocals to have vocals. But getting the instrumentals after that is always nice too..so both.
In a perfect world, they would release Eros 'as it is', finished tracks and tracks that are only instrumental, and as bonus tracks/disc, those unfinished versions with Chino putting the voice capturing the actual moment.
One only can dream...

Btw, I wish those members that knew for sure certain things about the upcoming album could post here or maybe say a hint or.. just something...
WHere are you, @rumors, @gregorerio, @tokio drifter and so on?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

rumors

Quote from: defTHE1s on Mar 11, 2016, 03:35 AM
In a perfect world, they would release Eros 'as it is', finished tracks and tracks that are only instrumental, and as bonus tracks/disc, those unfinished versions with Chino putting the voice capturing the actual moment.
One only can dream...

Btw, I wish those members that knew for sure certain things about the upcoming album could post here or maybe say a hint or.. just something...

Did someone call?  lol.  I'm not sure what more can be said that hasn't been said already.  Some of Eros sounded great.  Some of it sounded like SNW 1.5.  There are multiple reasons it didn't come out at the time.  Hopefully it'll come out one day, but I think the right thing is to move forward for now. 

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: rumors on Mar 11, 2016, 06:00 AM
One only can dream...

Did someone call?  lol.  I'm not sure what more can be said that hasn't been said already.  Some of Eros sounded great.  Some of it sounded like SNW 1.5.  There are multiple reasons it didn't come out at the time.  Hopefully it'll come out one day, but I think the right thing is to move forward for now.

SNW 1.5 sounds pretty damn great to me!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 11, 2016, 06:05 AM
One only can dream...

SNW 1.5 sounds pretty damn great to me!

x2 It has almost gained mythological status with me which makes me want to hear it even more. Hopefully one day when wounds have healed we will get to listen to Chi's final work.

Freedomsoldier17

I can definitely see melanie as SNW 1.5, sounds like a mixture of rapture and rats

tarkil

I like that you seem to oppose "sounding great", and "sounding like SNW"...        ;D

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

from_musings

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 11, 2016, 09:26 AM
I like that you seem to oppose "sounding great", and "sounding like SNW"...        ;D

yeah that was pretty funny  8)

defTHE1s

Hopefully it'll come out one day, but I think the right thing is to move forward for now. 
I'll stick with this then...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

2MoreHours

Quote from: defTHE1s on Mar 21, 2016, 08:23 PM
Hopefully it'll come out one day, but I think the right thing is to move forward for now. 
I'll stick with this then...

I could see them releasing it as a Record Store Day release.  Probably once they aren't feeling creative and aren't working on an album for a while.

Yoi Yes Kokan

what you guys don't know, is that this album is a Chinese Trick. Chino is fucking with you. he's holding onto this piece of gold and meditating with some opium tea about when the perfect time is to release is it, which by the looks of the negativity about their new shit, might be the next album, because he knows it will be no.1 on the charts.

Martin

Argh.
I totally on board with the new record, in this case 'Gore'. Looking forward to new Deftones tunes, always. It's a trip man, every time.
And yes, I'm still interested in Eros too. But that waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...fuuuuuckkk. I'd like to know if at some point I'm going to hear it (in my lifetime), or if I should completely stop waiting.

beaverwithfishyshoes

this is a thread about a record that was shelved like ten years ago. not even gonna read how this has 75 pages of talk.

i just farted, but yall aint hearing the recording. discuss.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Mar 23, 2016, 06:33 PM
this is a thread about a record that was shelved like ten years ago. not even gonna read how this has 75 pages of talk.

The difference is we love Deftones, and there's a partially finished album full of unreleased material that we're all interested in seeing, and nobody gives a fuck about you, your judgement, or your farts.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

cvthedrv

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Mar 23, 2016, 06:33 PM

hope you have an horrible life.