Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvthedrv

that day will be a wonderful time, and i really know it will happen sometime, and i will cry as the same when that happened, but now will be because of peace and happineess.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 27, 2016, 03:37 AM
I think people underestimate how important Chi was to the sound of this band, the bass play is so incredible on the old albums. It's literally one of the things that drew me to deftones in the beginning.

Yeah, loved it in Lifter.

nicklav

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 27, 2016, 03:37 AM
I think people underestimate how important Chi was to the sound of this band, the bass play is so incredible on the old albums. It's literally one of the things that drew me to deftones in the beginning.

You are right. As time went on I started to focus more and more on his parts, and he really made a lot of the songs. The verse on Knife Party for example, just stunning.

krook

I hate White Pony.

Capt Snow

LG95

I could float here forever

Freedomsoldier17

77years

I can't wait until this finally comes out so I can read everyone's complaints about it

ANattyRat

Quote from: 77years on May 01, 2016, 02:30 PM
I can't wait until this finally comes out so I can read everyone's complaints about it

Yep. It's too hyped up, it's not going to live up to it. Especially since it's unfinished, and the band have implied that it'd have to be finished first. The entire album would be dissected into pieces, with people stating that this part is new, this part is original, the new parts have ruined it, they should've left it, the vocals suck, the production isn't as good, etc. And that's all the worse for it being the last music Chi worked on. If I were in the band, I'd be way too scared of people's negative opinions to want to release it.

only pieces remain

sadly thats 100% accurate and for that alone i dont think it gets released.

i never did think they would release it regardless. going back through to "finish it" would be a huge mistake imo. release it as is, maybe aside from mixing/mastering tweaks but dont work new stuff onto it further.

if half the tracks or more are instrumental, so be it. it wouldnt be "tainted" then at least.

if they are so worried its unfinished vocally, just release the finished tracks that have vocals as an ep.

seems simple to me. but i do respect whatever they decide to do, which again imo, i dont think they release it at all, sadly.

The Cyndicate

As is, is the way to go.

We would all respect that.

HooiserBowhunter

If they ever release songs from it. I could see them just making a B Sides and Rarities Vol. 2 with the finished songs along with some covers. I only say that because if it wasn't finished I don't see them going back to finish it at this point. I just doubt they release it as full cd.

snw9

Code: [Select]

Shadow46/2

What is it? Twitter sucks on my phone

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

snw9

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Jul 17, 2016, 07:18 PM

Smile Pro-produced version
Code: [Select]

sharinglungs

Quote from: snw9 on Jul 17, 2016, 07:53 PM
Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Jul 17, 2016, 07:18 PM

Smile Pro-produced version

Should say "Fan produced".

endstand

"Published on Apr 17, 2014" - it's really the same song, maybe just some fan put his hands on its mix.
hello memory lover, you are mine

77years

Yawn

I was thinking today, would be really cool if they just had a listening session or something and everybody could listen in and then that was it. No matter what the condition of the song, just so we can hear the way it ended

The Prodigy

That would be dope!