Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Insomnia...

Started by theis, Apr 01, 2010, 12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

...fucking sucks.

Anyone else having problem sleeping?

one weak

did for a while. then i started working out and exercising like crazy and fall asleep instantly.

E-Money

Yea man working out will do the trick. Also smoke a little herb and u should sleep like a baby. Or try to get a prescription for ambien. That will definitely knock u out!

alvarezbassist17

Like these guys said, exercise and weed definitely help.  I only have trouble sleeping when I lack both of those things.

chick de la lynch

Also be sure to not take naps during the day, that is if you do. And if you do exercise, be sure it's a few hours before bed otherwise you'll never get to sleep.

And if you're desperate to fall asleep, there's always Nyquil.

alvarezbassist17

oh and i can't believe i forgot beating off.  that's key too.

Jacob

I've struggled a lot throughout the years sleep. it's still up and down, and for the most part I fall asleep way too late and usually wake up late for work. I refuse to become dependant on sleeping pills though, so while they do help, I only take them very rarely.

some advice that usually helps me: don't eat too late before you go to bed, but don't eat too early either or you'll be hungry and won't be able to sleep. make sure your room isn't too hot. don't go straight to bed after sitting in front of the computer for hours. rather go to bed earlier and read something, or watch tv for a while. and then the most obvious: try to be as active as possible during the day, so you feel tired at night.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Wax And Wane

Melatonin (All natural sleep aid) helped me. It doesn't do shit to some people and your body will slowly get used to it's affects but it really helped me. Just an idea.  :)
I will save your life..

Crazylegs

Put on an episode of ricky gervais show on your ipod or your computer and try to fall asleep to that. If you don't fall asleep, at least you'll get some good laughs.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Im drinking coffee and yet I can sleep LOL
Anyway some nights are shitty

sing blue silver

its 4 am. i'm wide awake. as usual.

why?

i always have trouble sleeping. i typically stay up until 3 or 4 am, and get up at 7:30 am for work.
do. make. say. think.

Sea Bass

I cant sleep right now. This board is awesome.

derekautomatica

sleep is overrated

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Melatonin + kava = great sleep with the added bonus of crazy dreams.

Wax And Wane

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 21, 2010, 07:19 AM

;D
I will save your life..

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Wax And Wane on Apr 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 21, 2010, 07:19 AM

;D

how curious, I used them a month ago, and yeah it gets you some crazy fucking dreams, most times more than 2 or 3. I cut them because the pills made me awake in the middle of the night. I remember having a dream that was in 7.1 surround or some shit like that.

eating a banana helps you sleep better, by the way.

Vesanic

Variable

I have had a shit ton of problems sleeping lately.  The biggest reason is that I fucked up my shoulder really bad in December.  I was taking narcotics for the pain, but that became really annoying.  I was just building tolerance and you all know how fucking anal americans are about actually treating someone pain at the expense of them getting high.  So it really wasn't working and I was losing a lot of sleep.  So instead I switched to sleep aids and just deal with it during the day.
I take Ambien, Trazadone, and Hydroxyzine.  Just depending on the night.  You can build up a tollerance to Ambien pretty quick.  So I only take it on Mondays and Thursdays.   Hydroxyzine is an anti histamine like benedril, and you don't enter REM when you take those kinds of sleep aids ( EG, Nyquil, Tylenol PM, Sleep X, really any over the counter sleep aid , same goes for alcohol too ) so I only use it when I know I'm going to have a limited amount of time to sleep anyways.  And Trazadone is great for sleeping.  But I can feel pretty groggy the next day.  Plus it has some interactions with other meds that I'm taking that are slightly risky.  So its all kind of just what I'm feeling for the day.   

I think people thinking that they will become "dependent" on sleep aids is a really big misnomer.  Sometimes you can take them shortly just to get your body used to being on a certain sleep cycle.  Sometimes you can take them every day for years and then just stop using them one day and be cool.  I have been on and off sleep meds for a long time.  And whenever I go off, its never an issue.  You just have to tailor to your situation.  Modern medicine and pharmaceuticals are wonderful things.  Take advantage of them. 

But like everyone said, working out is great.  Find a way to clear your mind before you lay down too.  Going to bed with shit on your mind is setting yourself up for failure.  Realize that tobacco raises your heart rate so smoking or dipping before sleep is not going to help you with this.  Same with some over the counter medicines you might be using, like allergy meds with pseudoephedrine. The not eating right before sleep is a great suggestion, also if you slightly tilt your bed so that your head is just slightly raised.  Because even if you don't feel the heart burn, your stomach acid can come up your esophagus very easy while you are laying down.  Even if you dont feel it in the back of your throat, your body knows its happening.  So use gravity to keep that shit down.  Also be sure to monitor your caffeine and other stimulant intake.  Most marines I see that are having trouble sleeping drink a shit ton of caffeine during the day.  Same goes for work out supplements.  Also don't lay down before you're truly tired.  Because laying there tossing and turning is just going to aggravate you, raising your HR, and making your mind race. 

wax

drink 1 of each b4 bed: