Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Breaking Bad

Started by lithium, Apr 12, 2010, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

I think the dedective guy is gonna catch him this season. But he wont arrest Walt cuz he will need money or someone is gonna treat him to kill his wife..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Jacob

still a great show, but I gotta say - I was a bit disappointed in how they kept the business running. Walt only wanted to protect his family at first, but he then got greedy which only led to trouble. shouldn't he have realized by now that cooking meth isn't worth it? he has no money left, anyway. yet he's still a greedy fuck who thinks it's ok to pollute the streets and put himself and everyone close to him in danger. I think they took the character a bit far, to be honest.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

I thought that was the point- he's all in, he's got this complex where he thinks he's invincible and the king of meth, then his dumb wife blows all the money. What's he gonna do? Teach again?

On a side note, here's an awesome article that has some interesting tidbits on the show http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/breaking-bad-allusions/
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

yeah, it's probably the point, but that doesn't mean I have to like it :P  I guess I was hoping for Walt not to turn fully evil. but as the story unfolds, I'm sure I will get used to it.

I'm all for the morally ambiguous, I love when it's well written. but when I'm forced to like a person that is completely unlikable (based on morals and ethics, coolness aside) it's no longer moral ambiguity. there are no moral excuses for him starting up a new business, based on "the streets are full of gold waiting for someone to scoop it up".

guess that's why I never liked The Shield.

that's an awesome list, btw.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

rock_n_frost

may be they are trying not to end the show, you know.
people love it and they are expanding story

one weak

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
I thought that was the point- he's all in, he's got this complex where he thinks he's invincible and the king of meth, then his dumb wife blows all the money. What's he gonna do? Teach again?

On a side note, here's an awesome article that has some interesting tidbits on the show http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/breaking-bad-allusions/
awesome. the last one, with the elevator ding foreshadowing gus's death is awesome. never picked up on that.

schlueter

mike, walt, jesse and saul all in one car in day time was fucking stupid. After mike talking to hank, he never mentions it to walt. maybe he's getting tailed or wire tap, anything.

walt would freak anytime meeting with jesse. and i know walts been through it all now, but shouldn't mean his character doesn't wanna be cautious still. If anyone spotted them - it's just really dumb and easy way to write out getting caught.

still waiting for them to find gus's car in the hospitals parking garage. hope hank finds out, they look at tapes. see walt putting and taking off bomb under his car. they see jesse was there tending to a kid he said might be poisoned to ricine. maybe since walt never tossed the ricine he uses it later to frame jesse to protect his own ass for whatever they come up with. jesse goes to prison and tells walt im gonna hunt you down when I'm out. then we end up at the start of the first ep of season 5 of jesse about to get out and go after walt. 

jbmp1390

Skyler just needs to die at this point

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

theis

Haha, shit's gonna get so fucking ugly. Love it!

Anybody else thinking that there may be more to that watch Jessie gave Walt? A bug perhaps? Jessie and Mike are pretty close, and Jessie definately read through the lines when Walt was talking about the guy who Gus killed in the lab, at the end of last week's episode. I'm thinking Jessie warned Mike, and now Mike is keeping tabs on Walt, and gave Jessie the watch to bug him.

bright lights, big city

I'm completely clueless as to what happens next. That ending with the watch, what the hell. How can they hold that over our heads for a whole week?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

jbmp1390

Quote from: theis on Aug 07, 2012, 12:27 AM

Anybody else thinking that there may be more to that watch Jessie gave Walt? A bug perhaps? Jessie and Mike are pretty close, and Jessie definately read through the lines when Walt was talking about the guy who Gus killed in the lab, at the end of last week's episode. I'm thinking Jessie warned Mike, and now Mike is keeping tabs on Walt, and gave Jessie the watch to bug him.

I don't think Jessie would do Walt like that. He trusts Mike because he knows the business, but I think he trusts Walt a lot more. At the same time, he's a little scared by Walt as well, and I think for that reason after Walt's little speech he would actually not be very likely to go and tattle to Mike. I don't think there is anything more to the watch. I think it was just a symbol of the strengthening of Walt and Jessie's relationship to contrast the complete deterioration of Walt and Skyler's relationship. Walt is beginning to realize that Jessie is pretty much the only person that cares about him and that he can pretty much trust completely. I think the watch was a symbol of that. I'm so tired of Skyler, one day she's in, then she's out. She knew what she signed up for. She decides to go along with the fact that her husband is basically a meth dealer, but then she acts surprised when bad shit starts happening and people start getting hurt. I'm so tired of the character. I'm hoping that Walt will find someway to get rid of her, maybe not by killing her, but I don't feel she adds ANYTHING to the show anymore. She needs to get on board or get the fuck out.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 07, 2012, 05:40 AM
Quote from: theis on Aug 07, 2012, 12:27 AM

I don't think Jessie would do Walt like that. He trusts Mike because he knows the business, but I think he trusts Walt a lot more. At the same time, he's a little scared by Walt as well, and I think for that reason after Walt's little speech he would actually not be very likely to go and tattle to Mike. I don't think there is anything more to the watch. I think it was just a symbol of the strengthening of Walt and Jessie's relationship to contrast the complete deterioration of Walt and Skyler's relationship. Walt is beginning to realize that Jessie is pretty much the only person that cares about him and that he can pretty much trust completely. I think the watch was a symbol of that. I'm so tired of Skyler, one day she's in, then she's out. She knew what she signed up for. She decides to go along with the fact that her husband is basically a meth dealer, but then she acts surprised when bad shit starts happening and people start getting hurt. I'm so tired of the character. I'm hoping that Walt will find someway to get rid of her, maybe not by killing her, but I don't feel she adds ANYTHING to the show anymore. She needs to get on board or get the fuck out.
I think killing her is what probably happens. Right now, she's probably the biggest threat to his business. Anyone who's been in his way has ended up dead. Don't forget she's smoking like a chimney now and Walt conveniently held on to the ricin cig.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
Don't forget she's smoking like a chimney now and Walt conveniently held on to the ricin cig.

Oh, daaaaamn. Hadn't thought about that.

jbmp1390

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
I think killing her is what probably happens. Right now, she's probably the biggest threat to his business. Anyone who's been in his way has ended up dead. Don't forget she's smoking like a chimney now and Walt conveniently held on to the ricin cig.

I'm so glad someone else thought of that! That was almost the first thing I thought when during that last scene with her chain smoking. Then again it could be vince gilligan trying to make us THINK that is what will happen. Either way, shit is about to get real. Like real real son lol.

deftones86

I dont think there is any doubt Hank is going to catch on to Walt this season. and Skylar dies she has to. I think its going to be by accident. she'll be looking for a cig and find the ricin cig and dies. a toxicology report comes out and Hank finds out it was by Ricin poisoning. He then takes a closer look at Walt then blows up the whole operation Mike dies in a shoot out with the Feds Walt has a face off with Hank and some how Hank dies and Walt gets away

rock_n_frost

Skylar is not gonna die.
Cuz the story s getting a little bit pussy.
Writers are not that serious.
But i really want Walt kill  Skylar.
Cuz i hate that cheater, money lover, fake mommy type woman.

I just wanna share something. I think its interesting.
Just look at the episode writers here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Breaking_Bad_episodes

* The first and last episodes are always belong to ''Vince Gilligan''
So that means he has the story (the real story but short).
And the other episodes between first and last are just expandion.
He just come in to the room and throw the story to the other writers and says ''hey people loved that serie. Make it longer, bye''

bright lights, big city

It's really more complicated than that. Sure, each season is like a movie where there is one slow main storyline, but it's not like Gilligan just says "Alright Fring's gotta die this year, I'll write the first episode where I kill of Victor, but fuck it you guys come up with the next 12 episodes". (Good) Shows normally have a crew of writers that's guided by the creator/executive producer. Check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrunner

The best example of this is David Milch. I saw short documentary on the Deadwood DVDs about the writing process of that show. Milch was the showrunner/creator and according to the credits he only wrote the first episode of every season. But in what I watched you see him meticulously re-writing every line of dialog his staff came up with (what a dick). Seemed like the writing staff's purpose was to just suggest storylines and some dialog to him. Yet, he only got writing credits for about 1/6 of the total episodes. /end nerd rant.

So... yeah Skyler needs to stop being a sad sack and die.
DERP

rock_n_frost

I understand the point.
But I think thats a little bit lame.
Why do they scare about being creative or coming up with new things?
If Skylar dies, im gonna change everything about this serie in my mind.

But to me, i think Mike is gonna be the surprise dead guy of the season.

tarkil

I really wish that cunt would die already yeah... I can't stand her anymore... I already hated her character for few seasons, but fuck, she brought this to a whole new level of hate with these 1st few episodes....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Well at least she's not THE worst. Lori from Walking Dead is a bitch that definitely has to get merked.

And Mike is coolest grandpa ever.
DERP