Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Which Deftones' songs do you consider sad?

Started by Knucklestones, Sep 08, 2012, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gee

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Sep 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote from: Gee on Sep 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thats why overall with Hole In The Earth opening SNW and Rivière closing it, I wouldn't call it a sad album. It's more in-between.

:/ HITE is pretty high on sadness aesthetic too, don't you think?

Lyrically yes. But the general tone is optimistic to me. Plus when he says "this is the end" it can mean that he (they, his friends that "lack taste sometimes") dealt with the situation and that it's over. Or it can also mean he's gonna show them the finger and go make another TS record, who knows.  :P
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: Gee on Sep 18, 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Sep 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote from: Gee on Sep 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thats why overall with Hole In The Earth opening SNW and Rivière closing it, I wouldn't call it a sad album. It's more in-between.

:/ HITE is pretty high on sadness aesthetic too, don't you think?

Lyrically yes. But the general tone is optimistic to me. Plus when he says "this is the end" it can mean that he (they, his friends that "lack taste sometimes") dealt with the situation and that it's over. Or it can also mean he's gonna show them the finger and go make another TS record, who knows.  :P

Obviously, it didn't mean the latter. xD

endstand

to me none of the Deftones songs are sad. they can be melancholic, weird, sexy in their own way, but none of them do I consider being sad.
hello memory lover, you are mine

IN WAVES

The Boy's Republic, Pink Maggit, Deathblow, and 976-Evil.

Gee

Quote from: IN WAVES on Sep 22, 2012, 01:48 AM
The Boy's Republic, Pink Maggit, Deathblow, and 976-Evil.

Surprising, but ok.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Cropduster

I think a lot of earlier deftones songs have a melancholic quality, but I think it's the mix of beauty and darkness which makes them powerful.

Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event is a great example of this. Not sad, but reflective.

How many days did it take man to create God?

dictatesofreason

Quote from: Cropduster on Sep 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
I think a lot of earlier deftones songs have a melancholic quality, but I think it's the mix of beauty and darkness which makes them powerful.

Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event is a great example of this. Not sad, but reflective.

Word.
And the boys republic is the shit man whats so sad about it?