Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones 2010/2011's tour: live guide + footage.

Started by Vesanic, Apr 25, 2010, 02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: fetisher on Apr 30, 2010, 06:22 AM
I'm actually happy to see the exclusion of SNW.  Those are some killer set lists.  Few SNW songs really stand up 3 1/2 years on.

Dude.  :(

bewareofrats

Few SNW songs don't stand up 3 1/2 years on.
I noticed you made an error, so I corrected it for you.  :P
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

fetisher

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 06:23 AM
I'm actually happy to see the exclusion of SNW.  Those are some killer set lists.  Few SNW songs really stand up 3 1/2 years on.

Dude.  :(

Riviere is the one song I still adore on SNW.  Cherry, U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,B,A,Select,Start, Xerces and Kim Dracula are also nice, rainy day songs.

So, I guess I have to rephrase.  I wouldn't mind hearing any of the above five songs.  

But chances are slim that those are songs they would even pick.  It would probably be Hole or Beware, etc...  Maybe Cherry Waves.  

They would never play Riviere.   :'(

Subliminal

Beware is one of their best songs, but I guess they have enough slow, crushing songs in their set (Change, Minerva, Diamond Eyes) Rapture, Cherry Waves or Xerces wouldn't go a miss either. I must admit though, Diamond Eyes pisses all over SNW, to the point where I don't even listen to SNW now, even though I have love for that album.

SNW just lacks the energy that's exploding out of all of them now.

Vesanic

Better source of 7 Words added to the El Paso post and some clips added to the Corpus Christi.

Subliminal

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 01:52 PM
Better source of 7 Words added to the El Paso post and some clips added to the Corpus Christi.

Vesanic, you had the chance to sing along to the album live yet? I managed to hit the highs in Butcher, but fuck, they're tough. And also, I totally agree about Digital Bath now, It's not falsetto.. I really thought it was though. Wasn't until I tried to sing it myself that I realized!

Vesanic

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 02:15 PM
I totally agree about Digital Bath now, It's not falsetto..

Hahah you fuckin' asshole.

Yeah, I sang the whole album. It's not the hardest stuff that Chino pulled off, honestly. I got some problems with the inhaling screaming of Royal, but I'm doing well on the rest.

Subliminal

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 02:32 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 02:15 PM
I totally agree about Digital Bath now, It's not falsetto..

Hahah you fuckin' asshole.

Yeah, I sang the whole album. It's not the hardest stuff that Chino pulled off, honestly. I got some problems with the inhaling screaming of Royal, but I'm doing well on the rest.

Yeah same here, I can't do it, Chino has mastered that technique though. I had a mic and some distortion going then it would sound A LOT better but without it I sound like a dying pig. So if I'm feeling it I just scream out on the end.

Vesanic

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah same here, I can't do it, Chino has mastered that technique though. I had a mic and some distortion going then it would sound A LOT better but without it I sound like a dying pig. So if I'm feeling it I just scream out on the end.

I actually " mastered " (exageration inside) that technique too. The fact is that, sometimes, because of how the throat is or some other random stuff, it doesn't sound good. Sometimes, it will be a shreeky deep screaming, like the one on Rocket Skates, Royal, but some other times ( and Chino OFTEN has this problem ), it will be an all clear very high yelling.

There Will Be Blood

I think we all try to bulge out screams like Chino listening to the records in our cars alone haha

Subliminal

^ all the time, I'm doing it as I type (Bored) haha soon as I'm home alone.. *whacks the volume up*

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 02:50 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 02:47 PM

I actually " mastered " (exageration inside) that technique too. The fact is that, sometimes, because of how the throat is or some other random stuff, it doesn't sound good. Sometimes, it will be a shreeky deep screaming, like the one on Rocket Skates, Royal, but some other times ( and Chino OFTEN has this problem ), it will be an all clear very high yelling.

Yeah like on the Big Day Out footage from 2003 where he screams ''In spite, I'll still lie, Innnn SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE''

I managed to do it on a cover of When Girls Telephone Boys I did and posted it on here.

Haha it sounds fuckin sick though. The one at the end of RatsRatsRats is still my favourite.

Vesanic

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah like on the Big Day Out footage from 2003 where he screams ''In spite, I'll still lie, Innnn SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE''

Yeah ! That's how an inhale can be messed up. On the other hand, the middle screaming of 7 Words at BDO 2003 was also an inhale but as you can hear, it came out waaay better.

Subliminal

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 03:09 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 02:54 PM

Yeah ! That's how an inhale can be messed up. On the other hand, the middle screaming of 7 Words at BDO 2003 was also an inhale but as you can hear, it came out waaay better.

Yeah man, big time, ''Squeal like a pig when you blablablablablabla..RAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE''

wheresmysnare

Oi Vesanic and sub, post a video of you singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pretty please!!!!!!!!!

Subliminal

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 30, 2010, 03:45 PM
Oi Vesanic and sub, post a video of you singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pretty please!!!!!!!!!

Soon, won't have any time right now! :D

Vesanic

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 30, 2010, 03:45 PM

haha, no way, some folks here will again mock my screamings.

fetisher

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 09:51 AM
Beware is one of their best songs

I hate that song but, to each his own you know?   :) 

Vesanic

Quote from: fetisher on Apr 30, 2010, 04:25 PM
I hate that song

Even the ending ? I mean you can't say it's not deliciously heavy.

fetisher

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 04:31 PM
Quote from: fetisher on Apr 30, 2010, 04:25 PM
I hate that song

Even the ending ? I mean you can't say it's not deliciously heavy.

Nah, man.  I'm biased, though.  The heavy stuff doesn't do much for me. 

I'm the guy who likes the softer side of Deftones first, the heavier side second.  That might be my first problem.   ;D

Vesanic

Quote from: fetisher on Apr 30, 2010, 05:23 PM
That might be my first problem.   ;D

Haha, hey, some people love Team Sleep more than Deftones.