Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones 2010/2011's tour: live guide + footage.

Started by Vesanic, Apr 25, 2010, 02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

Sergio screaming is really funny sounding lol

wax

Quote from: Starz on May 03, 2010, 08:09 PM
fuck, where has all chino's baggy clothes and shit gone. bring back those dickie pants lol

he now looks like a cross between someone from american idol and a mexican dax holt     can you get away with wearing baggy clothes in your late 30s when people half your age or less do the same

simmamadrama4000

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on May 03, 2010, 09:35 PM
Sergio screaming is really funny sounding lol

yeah it is i think messes up the song imo but whatever... ::)

Subliminal

Chino is sounding fuckin' tight. But then, since I love Deftones, he's always been tight... and has always been very active. SNW era he was going just as nuts as he is now.

People clearly love to bitch about things they cannot do themselves. If Chino's vocals aren't so good, where the fuck are yours and where is your spot on the stages he's been on??

simmamadrama4000

Quote from: simmamadrama4000 on Apr 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
Photos from the 4/27 el paso TX show. Sorry if the pictures don't show up right..I'm posting this from my phone..

edit: re-sized the pictures...

CMND-CTRL 4/27

Deftones_CMND-CTRL 4-27 El Paso

I dont think i saw any youtube videos of this song for the El Paso show...but Im pretty much a week late in posting this stuff anyways... ::)

Jerry_Curls

Hearing that song live, it feels like it could have been squeezed in Adrenaline or ATF. Fucking love the heaviness!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Moz

Quote from: Subliminal on May 03, 2010, 09:50 PM
Chino is sounding fuckin' tight. But then, since I love Deftones, he's always been tight... and has always been very active. SNW era he was going just as nuts as he is now.

People clearly love to bitch about things they cannot do themselves. If Chino's vocals aren't so good, where the fuck are yours and where is your spot on the stages he's been on??

man I wasnt complaining in the ST and SNW eras... Im just happy he sounds better now then back then. if we cant even analyse his fucking voice then whats the point of a fucking DISCUSSION BOARD I ask ya?

samson simpson

exactly

its like someone saying to Michael Jordan when he was 36 he doesnt quite play like he did when he was 26....in the end hes still getting paid to play and hes still pretty decent at what he has made a living doing between that time

and the US tour 2003 was awesome

Subliminal

Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on May 03, 2010, 10:35 PM

exactly

its like someone saying to Michael Jordan when he was 36 he doesnt quite play like he did when he was 26....in the end hes still getting paid to play and hes still pretty decent at what he has made a living doing between that time

Exactly, give him a break. He's been doing this since I was born, 22 years now. You'd think the amazing recordings he's provided would be a true testament to what he can accomplish vocally. But no... he has to be precise live every time or the fans won't be happy. Fuck that.

Quote from: Moz on May 03, 2010, 10:30 PM

man I wasnt complaining in the ST and SNW eras... Im just happy he sounds better now then back then. if we cant even analyse his fucking voice then whats the point of a fucking DISCUSSION BOARD I ask ya?

I wasn't even referring to you, but what's the point of a discussion board? exactly, there is no point. It's full of people who only criticise other people's work,  rather than appreciate and discuss it for what it is.

defsteve

Quote from: Vesanic on May 03, 2010, 08:06 PM

You've got a point, there. But honestly, I'd rather see a performance like the one at Wembley Arena 2003 than the most recent ones. Just a matter of opinion. The european tour from 2003 was really a good era for Chino.

I was at 5 of those shows in September. Also June show at Manchester Apollo.

Nottingham Rock City
Glasgow Barrowlands
Wembley Arena
Paris
Dusseldorf

Great times!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Far away

I dont know why do you guys complain about his skills (or the lack of it for some people).
Even back in the Adrenaline/ATF era he wasnt on top of his game, not even close to 60% of the time (and thats totally IMHO), but i still think its the best time of the entire band. It doesnt mean I didnt enjoy the WP/ST/SNW era/tours.

Theres a lot of good and also shitty performances by Chino in that time. Hes has being singing out of tune since the early years, thats a fact, but he ALSO nailed a lot of shows. Hes not known as a perfect singer, he has his fame for being different from the rest, also VERY creative and enigmatic in his lyrics (again IMO).  

BUT, he improved a lot from the last tour so I cant really say shit. He is not the best singer out there, never was and never will be. But thats not the reason I started to listen to them in the first place. I mean, I simply love a lot of shows where he is totally stoned/drunk (pinkpop 03, etc).

Like our good friend Subliminal said:

Quote from: Subliminal on May 03, 2010, 10:49 PM

exactly

Exactly, give him a break. He's been doing this since I was born, 22 years now. You'd think the amazing recordings he's provided would be a true testament to what he can accomplish vocally. But no... he has to be precise live every time or the fans won't be happy. Fuck that.

He already proved himself as a good singer and musician through Deftones/Team Sleep/etc records/songs. I just think he doesnt care and do not take care of his voice properly. Drinking and smoking weed heavily (I'm not considering the other stuff because I dont know every drug he used), thats not a good thing to do as a singer. Scream his lungs out, 5 days a week (or more) for more than 20 years does not help either.

But who cares?? I certainly do not.

vinsanity

I also think he is great shape, better than it was in 2006.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

wheresmysnare

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 03, 2010, 08:17 PM
i kinda prefer not seeing chino's ass every couple seconds. also i think sergio's back up vocals sound fine.

I agree it's probably time he stepped out the 90's lol. I do however think Chino's vocals are better now than they have been in a long time. I also think he will never sing like he used to, not because he is a bad singer or has lost his musical mojo, simply that his vocal chords are too damaged from years past.

Think it's a bit harsh to come down on people who discuss Chino's obvious vocal transformation throughout the years.

anguria

Quote from: Far away on May 04, 2010, 05:46 AM

Hes not known as a perfect singer, he has his fame for being different from the rest, also VERY creative and enigmatic in his lyrics (again IMO).  

BUT, he improved a lot from the last tour so I cant really say shit. He is not the best singer out there, never was and never will be. But thats not the reason I started to listen to them in the first place. I mean, I simply love a lot of shows where he is totally stoned/drunk (pinkpop 03, etc).

He already proved himself as a good singer and musician through Deftones/Team Sleep/etc records/songs. I just think he doesnt care and do not take care of his voice properly. Drinking and smoking weed heavily (I'm not considering the other stuff because I dont know every drug he used), thats not a good thing to do as a singer. Scream his lungs out, 5 days a week (or more) for more than 20 years does not help either.

Totally agree!

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 03, 2010, 08:17 PM
i kinda prefer not seeing chino's ass every couple seconds.
I do! ;D I'm going to miss his strip shows...

Penicks

Quote from: defsteve on May 03, 2010, 11:44 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on May 03, 2010, 08:06 PM

You've got a point, there. But honestly, I'd rather see a performance like the one at Wembley Arena 2003 than the most recent ones. Just a matter of opinion. The european tour from 2003 was really a good era for Chino.

I was at 5 of those shows in September. Also June show at Manchester Apollo.

Nottingham Rock City
Glasgow Barrowlands
Wembley Arena
Paris
Dusseldorf

Great times!

i want to touch you

Subliminal

Quote from: Far away on May 04, 2010, 05:46 AM
I dont know why do you guys complain about his skills (or the lack of it for some people).
Even back in the Adrenaline/ATF era he wasnt on top of his game, not even close to 60% of the time (and thats totally IMHO), but i still think its the best time of the entire band. It doesnt mean I didnt enjoy the WP/ST/SNW era/tours.

Theres a lot of good and also shitty performances by Chino in that time. Hes has being singing out of tune since the early years, thats a fact, but he ALSO nailed a lot of shows. Hes not known as a perfect singer, he has his fame for being different from the rest, also VERY creative and enigmatic in his lyrics (again IMO).  

Like our good friend Subliminal said:

Quote from: Subliminal on May 03, 2010, 10:49 PM

exactly

Spot on! 1+

Vesanic

04-05-2010 - The Trees, Dallas, Texas, USA [Private webcast album release show]

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Royal
CMND/CTRL
You've Seen The Butcher
Beauty School
Prince
Rocket Skates
Sextape
Risk
976-EVIL
This Place Is Death

Videos:

Royal

Deftones - Royal live @ Trees 2010 [First live performance ever] (Webcast rip)

Vesanic

04-05-2010 - The Trees, Dallas, Texas, USA

Setlist:

Hexagram was not played

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Feiticeira
Elite
Knife Party
Passenger
CMND/CTRL
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
When Girls Telephone Boys
Minerva
Birthmark
Prince
Beauty School
Be Quiet & Drive
Lotion
Around the Fur
My Own Summer
Back to School
Change
Root
7 Words

Pictures:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs505.ash1/29883_111202915588681_100000969197754_67188_1813717_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs525.snc3/29883_111202918922014_100000969197754_67189_683310_n.jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs525.snc3/29883_111202922255347_100000969197754_67190_7151294_n.jpg

Videos:

cesar421

is it me or they are playing the same set every night?

UrZ*

And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.