Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

common sense

you probably don't know this because you smoke weed

Inkblades

Guess what? All that weed Steph smokes helped him write all the great riffs from Deftones songs you love. Jus' sayin'.

Diplo

I would not be so categorical about this topics.
Smoking weed is not my things but it's one of the easiest drugs, really it's not so hurting. The problem is that with the time you become a vegetable...

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 21, 2014, 06:26 PM
Guess what? All that weed Steph smokes helped him write all the great riffs from Deftones songs you love. Jus' sayin'.

I don't think this is true, in some kind of way this can help to found the inspiration but if you look more attentively the riffs from Adrenaline to SNW were far more great or original than DE or KNY. And I think the consumption of weed still really high.
(Don't get me wrong, I think KNY really shows the musical improvement of the band but in terms of riff, it's not so exceptionnal)

buddyboy101

I'm blown away by the board's response to seeing Stephen smoke up!  I think it's common knowledge that the Deftones enjoy la ganja, as do many of their fans.  Weed has been a part of the creative process for years.  Other things have come and gone, but weed is a mainstay.  I'm not saying it's the basis for their creativity, but it is an element. 

Of course people are letting their own political beliefs bleed into this, but it's my opinion that weed is no worse (but possibly better) for you than alcohol.  But because so much of American history is bound up in booze, it's given a hall pass while weed is casted as this blight on society.  And folks it's not the weed causing the cough, it's the tobacco.

N0S3BLEED976

I enjoy alcohol quite a bit and still I think the video would have been just as stupid, if they got shit drunk instead of high from weed. To me it's not about the weed itself, but about the ridiculousness of the whole situation. Sitting in a fancy car, smoking weed and talking about trivial stuff with a douchey hip hop slang is just not as cool as this B-Real guy hopes it is...

cvthedrv

i dont care about that giant joint, the thing is that i really love how stef is completely diferent of chino, he really knows how to express himself, tell deeply about the stuff he used to listened to.

Lilith

I don't want start a discussion over this, because it is kind of cliché. I am not a pot smoker. However, I do not hate anyone who is, nobody ever died from smoking a joint.
According to one frequently cited study, a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint in order to be at risk of dying.
I think alcohol is worse and should be outlawed over pot. The pot actually does have some medical uses and I think everybody knows it. If not, look it up.
The only thing that sounds childish, stupid and pathetic to me. It is bitching about two friends because they are smoking a big joint while doing a friendly interview on the segment  "smoke box", seriously!
I'd be more worried about the alcohol, for example, drinking can lead to alcoholic liver disease, which can progress to fibrosis of the liver, which in turn can potentially lead to liver cancer.
But while early studies showed some evidence linking marijuana to lung cancer, subsequent studies have debunked that association. Baler said it's unclear why marijuana smoke does not have the same result as tobacco smoke on the lungs, but perhaps some beneficial compounds in the marijuana smoke cancel out the ill effects, or perhaps the other health habits of marijuana smokers are different from those of cigarette smokers. Sounds like you have a personal vendetta.
And get your facts straight if you are going to be mean spirited. Micheal Phelps has 22 gold medals. The Olympic Committee was unable to produce any evidence that Cannabis is in fact a performance enhancing drug, but was also unable to prove that it hindered his performance. We are in sharing lungs watching an interview of Stephen, not the dumb katy perry or other shitty artist as lil wayne.

play

Chino singing RX Queen at Crosses afterparty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoiDio_EMX8

Northcal

Quote from: Lilith on Mar 22, 2014, 03:20 AM
I don't want start a discussion over this, because it is kind of cliché. I am not a pot smoker. However, I do not hate anyone who is, nobody ever died from smoking a joint.
According to one frequently cited study, a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint in order to be at risk of dying.
I think alcohol is worse and should be outlawed over pot. The pot actually does have some medical uses and I think everybody knows it. If not, look it up.
The only thing that sounds childish, stupid and pathetic to me. It is bitching about two friends because they are smoking a big joint while doing a friendly interview on the segment  "smoke box", seriously!
I'd be more worried about the alcohol, for example, drinking can lead to alcoholic liver disease, which can progress to fibrosis of the liver, which in turn can potentially lead to liver cancer.
But while early studies showed some evidence linking marijuana to lung cancer, subsequent studies have debunked that association. Baler said it's unclear why marijuana smoke does not have the same result as tobacco smoke on the lungs, but perhaps some beneficial compounds in the marijuana smoke cancel out the ill effects, or perhaps the other health habits of marijuana smokers are different from those of cigarette smokers. Sounds like you have a personal vendetta.
And get your facts straight if you are going to be mean spirited. Micheal Phelps has 22 gold medals. The Olympic Committee was unable to produce any evidence that Cannabis is in fact a performance enhancing drug, but was also unable to prove that it hindered his performance. We are in sharing lungs watching an interview of Stephen, not the dumb katy perry or other shitty artist as lil wayne.
thank you,I rest my case

black coffee

Quote from: digital bath on Mar 21, 2014, 02:24 PM
Of course there are proven deaths due to the consumption of cannabis (heart failure and poisoning)
Not as much then alcohol or other drugs, but besides of that, too much weed makes you dumb and apathetic.
It's funny to smoke from time to time with some friends, but if you do it daily and alone for yourself, you're pretty fucked up.

Yes I also heard about those two guys who supposedly died from weed since the year 2001..

This has most likely to do with tobacco in the joint, as Heart failure can be caused by smoking cigarettes. The only poisoning there could be is when theres extenders in the weed, hairspray or something like that.

I know people who fucked up their relationships, studies or careers because of smoking too much weed, getting isolated and distancing themselves from friends and relatives. But that is not the standard case. To me a daily joint is no worse than a daily glass of wine.

Good post by Lilith btw!

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 10, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 08, 2014, 05:40 AM
Guys, does anyone has that bizarre photo of chino with his mum?
trying to show it to a friend so we can LOL a  little bit.

HAHAHAH, that's it, thank you very much! It might be bizarrest picture in rock n roll history

Lilith

@ black coffee, Yeah, also if anyone choose to drink 3 bottles of vodka or whiskey per day,for example, it's pretty obvious that he will get fucked up and turn into an alcoholic. Also it's pretty obvious if you choose shoot yourself in the head, probably, you will die... You can find people who fucked up their relationships, studies or careers because of alcohol, or because of bad companies, or because of some boyfriend/girlfriend, because of some dead, etc.. you can find examples of everything. Anyway, you can see the real idiots here, the ignorance in some posts here by some pseudo knows it all in life, it is pretty clear about that. They condemn Stephen for smoke an inoffensive joint in one interview, when we all know that Stephen is known for smoke a lot, and have the possibility for that and thankfully keep put out real music for us, as people who keep constantly mocking about the weight of Chino with this childish pictures, but we all know that Chino still have a lot of talent, in these days.

Penicks

who the fuck is talking about death tolls

i think it's crazy that something as dangerous as alcohol is so overly consumed by everyone in the world. if a bill passed that would make alcohol illegal, i'd have no problem with it whatsoever, and alcohol is the only drug i consume nowadays

weed however is 100% the most underrated drug in history. not kidding. it is without a shadow of a doubt a silent assassin, a bug that very methodically and slowly creeps into your head and feasts on the part of your brain that controls your everyday life and it will make sure that you need it, that you crave for it, in as much situations as possible, no matter the level of casualness

people who smoke weed every day, even if it's one joint in the evening, are complete idiots

that breal dude, who indulges in 'weed culture', is a complete idiot

a culture based around a drug is a culture for complete idiots

stop smoking weed right now and enjoy the world in all its glory, its dullness, its reality and its clarity

people who cannot control their substance use are idiots

DeftonesNZ

I don't think it's a case of regular weed usage creating laziness I think it's more that lazy people are more likely to spend all day smoking weed anyway, most of the stoners I know have that personality that if that weren't sitting around smoking weed they would be drinking or doing some other drug, Steph isn't a normal guy though his career is music a industry that drugs has always been tied in with it's not like he's getting high and just hanging around the house all day he gets high and then does his craft you can't compare that to a regular drug user sitting at home wasting their life away.

black coffee

Since you overuse the word idiot for pretty much no reason, I believe there is more to the story. Like, do you have a sibling or a close friend who ruined his life becaue of weed, did you have a phase in your life in which you couldn't control your consumption and now you're looking back in regret, or what is the matter? There must be a reason why this is getting you so pissed off. Because, the way I see it, someone else smoking a joint doesn't affect you in the slightest.

shoop

Northcal

People that use drugs and can maintain a job are cool :-X

Lilith

iceache

Quote from: Penicks on Mar 23, 2014, 09:07 PM
who the fuck is talking about death tolls

i think it's crazy that something as dangerous as alcohol is so overly consumed by everyone in the world. if a bill passed that would make alcohol illegal, i'd have no problem with it whatsoever, and alcohol is the only drug i consume nowadays

weed however is 100% the most underrated drug in history. not kidding. it is without a shadow of a doubt a silent assassin, a bug that very methodically and slowly creeps into your head and feasts on the part of your brain that controls your everyday life and it will make sure that you need it, that you crave for it, in as much situations as possible, no matter the level of casualness

people who smoke weed every day, even if it's one joint in the evening, are complete idiots

that breal dude, who indulges in 'weed culture', is a complete idiot

a culture based around a drug is a culture for complete idiots

stop smoking weed right now and enjoy the world in all its glory, its dullness, its reality and its clarity

people who cannot control their substance use are idiots

You're an idiot and have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Northcal

I smoke weed all muthafucking day ,yeeeeeeee sum best shit in Cali!! Sonoma coma,girl scout cookies,3✖crazy,sherbet,well u get the picture!!! I luv that shit ,if u live in California you know wat I'm taking about!!