Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: Terry DateI would love to work with them again.

:)

Anyone thinking they might play an anniversary set? Chino has said he didn't want to follow the memories tour trend, but maybe...

nicklav

Quote from: Vesanic on May 16, 2017, 08:09 PM

Anyone thinking they might play an anniversary set? Chino has said he didn't want to follow the memories tour trend, but maybe...

I'm not so sure they would. Didn't they recently play through it a few times?

LG95

If a festival asked them to I'm sure they'd be up for it.

I'd probably be a little surprised to see them do it at their own show.
I could float here forever

Seven

LG95

snw9

Quote from: nicklav on May 16, 2017, 08:45 PM

I'm not so sure they would. Didn't they recently play through it a few times?

They played ATF in full for Amnesia Rock fest in 2015.
Code: [Select]

deftfan

"Around The Fur: The Untold Story"
Deftones feature in Metal Hammer magazine (June 2017 issue) now is available to read via Deftones Zone 🤘
"On its 20th birthday, Deftones remember the making of 'Around The Fur',
the record that set the template for their sound. It involved skating, Max Cavalera and a dodgy Maccy D's trip..."
Link to HQ images to read:
➡️ on issuu: https://goo.gl/YfjVhq
➡️ on Google Drive: https://goo.gl/ZK82ja
Enjoy :)

deftfan

"We're just excited to make some noise"
- new interview with Deftones' Chino Moreno about the band's legacy, future and next album.
Interview conducted by NME (by Andrew Trendell) before Deftones show
at Alexandra Palace in London, UK on May 5, 2017.
http://www.nme.com/news/music/deftones-chino-moreno-discusses-bands-legacy-future-next-album-2076095

ANattyRat

Wonder if he means in general, or if he means that they're specifically thinking about getting together soon to make new music after Gore. Either way I'm always ready for new music, even though it's no doubt a long way off.

LG95

I wonder how long off it is though. Keeping in mind that Gore has been out for over a year now and their longest gap between albums was just over three and half years between SNW to DE (where there were extenuating circumstances), I don't think it will be that long till they have plans to start writing again. Even if the gap between Gore and the followup is three years, that probably means they'll start writing around the first half of next year. If they actively decide in favour of a quicker process, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we get an album by the end of 2018.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: LG95 on May 24, 2017, 11:02 AM
I wonder how long off it is though. Keeping in mind that Gore has been out for over a year now and their longest gap between albums was just over three and half years between SNW to DE (where there were extenuating circumstances), I don't think it will be that long till they have plans to start writing again. Even if the gap between Gore and the followup is three years, that probably means they'll start writing around the first half of next year. If they actively decide in favour of a quicker process, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we get an album by the end of 2018.

2 more hours.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

ANattyRat

The wait is always longest when you finally have songs or a release date. And it's even longer when you're waiting for a leak like with Gore. Until then, I think it'll be pretty easy to wait while they do their thing. Let the endless rumours and speculation begin!

Vesanic

Touring with Guns N'Roses eh? It's cool but it makes me wonder if they'll ever consider a small club again. That's where they have it best imo.

Martin

"23. DEFTONES – "MY OWN SUMMER (SHOVE IT)"

"Ah, summer: short shirts, beach bodies, and soaking up the sun. Many musicians have raised their voices in praise of the summer months; the Deftones raise a middle finger. Lead singer Chino Moreno famously put tin foil over the studio windows during the recording of Around the Fur, and on the lead single from that album, he aims his rage and fury at that burning ball of gas in the sky. "The sun! Shove it, shove it, shove it, aside!" In addition to featuring some of Moreno's most stunningly poetical lyrics, "My Own Summer (Shove It)" captures the isolation, frustration, and white-hot anger of going through hell while everyone else is off having fun. –Wren Graves"
https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/05/top-50-songs-of-1997/7/

deftfan

Live Review: Deftones at Alexandra Palace in London, UK (on May 5, 2017)
taken from new Metal Hammer magazine (July 2017 issue).
"Sacramento metal heroes dig deep into their value..."
➡️ Link to HQ image on issuu to read:
https://issuu.com/deftfan/docs/201707-metalhammer-live

deftfan

!  Deftones - Sound Sessions Interview w/ Abe (2017.06.07) [HD]
New interview with Abe Cunningham at Chicago's WGN Radio hosted on Sound Sessions with Michael Heidemann (June 7, 2017).
'Abe and Michael discuss about the Deftones most recent tour and compare the European/American audiences, how Abe spends his time kicking back on the road and some other things.
Deftones are back in action kicking off their latest tour with Rise Against on June 9th in Chicago at Huntington Bank Pavilion.'

deftfan

Deftones - WP 0.1

MTV News 1515 (2000.01.26) [FULL]
Deftones - WP 0.1 - MTV News 1515 (2000.01.26) [FULL]

MTV "deftones: worth to wait" feature:

FULL MTV online feature here:
➡️ read on issuu.com: https://issuu.com/deftfan/docs/2000_01_26_mtv
➡️ read/downaload HQ original images: http://deftfan.bplaced.net/deftoneszone/2000_01_26_MTV/

Enjoy :)

illthrowROCKS@U

Next year would mark the 15 year anniversary of the Self Titled album...

A man can dream, right?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem