Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 06, 2011, 06:47 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 06, 2011, 05:19 PM
I dunno about you guys but I consider Sergio a full fledged deftones member.

chi's been playing in deftones for about 20 years, they grew up together, from boys to men.chi also was a part of building up the band during all those years and was a part of creating the magic within the band. i find it hard to digest that a stand in bassplayer jump in and help out for 2 years and now is a full blown bassplayer just like that.i don't think i like sergio. just something about him that doesn't feel "deftones" to me. oh well

I actually agree with you on this. Weird right? But yeah, love Quicksand, love Sergio in Quicksand. Just not in Deftones. I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a bassist, I'd say the same if Abe as replaced by Danny Carry or if Steph was replaced by Page Hamilton

976-EVIL

This is a really interesting and sensitive subject about Sergio....it probabaly deserves its own thread.

Betting everyone would have an opinion on this...Just a thought.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sing blue silver

Start a thread, I'll go on for days about this. To me Sergio just fits. He can never truly replace Chi but under the circumstances I wouldn't want anyone else up there.

mothraw

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 07, 2011, 07:13 PM
Start a thread, I'll go on for days about this. To me Sergio just fits. He can never truly replace Chi but under the circumstances I wouldn't want anyone else up there.

Yes!
Cuz he was a dtone when he played the sabbath tour and he is a dtone cuz they wanted him in the band.no sergio -no deftones.
Chi is not here so who should it have been?

O L F C

Starz

Hmmm he was never intended to replace Chi. Chi is the bassist of Deftones. Sergio played bass on Diamond Eyes and will continue to tour and record in the studio with the band until Chi is well enough to play again. Everyone knows this. There is no reason to dislike Sergio really, he does his own thing and when the time comes for him to step down he will.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Starz on Sep 07, 2011, 09:02 PM
Hmmm he was never intended to replace Chi. Chi is the bassist of Deftones. Sergio played bass on Diamond Eyes and will continue to tour and record in the studio with the band until Chi is well enough to play again. Everyone knows this. There is no reason to dislike Sergio really, he does his own thing and when the time comes for him to step down he will.

Do you think Chi would really go back to playing with the deftones? :/ I'm sure when he eventually comes out of his coma, he'll see things in a totally new perspective and have different priorities in life. Being the humanitarian he if, he'll be grateful for all the good vibes and support but I honestly don't think he'll return to the band. and that's a fair choice in my book

Redsun

Interview Chi and Frank

Another cool interview, Chi Cheng and Frank Delgado... Saturday Night Wrist era...

Vesanic

Deftones @ Allomusic

I guess that was shot at Rock en Seine

Questions are:

Are you focused on the end of your or another project ?

You never worry about Chino's voice ?

We're talking more and more about a live DVD...

Sergio, do you feel like a real full-time Deftones member ?

Coud you give us your current playlist ?

Have you lied during this interview ?

wheresmysnare

downtownpony

niina_

how can I remove this empty comment? :)
~Be quiet and drive, far away...~

Deftones-argentina

http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/59296

here you can watch chino choose his favourite nirvana song; surprisingly unsurprising, Smells like teen spirit.

niina_

~Be quiet and drive, far away...~

iceache

I love how Abe shouts out Sharing Lungs after calling Lovers by its original name, but he fucked it up ;)

Drop-Dead

Quote from: niina_ on Sep 21, 2011, 11:49 AM
Available NOW :) Interview done by me. There is a mention about Charing Lungs and Nuno :)

KaaosTV Episode #72: Deftones Interview @ The Circus 2011

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 20, 2011, 03:37 PM

They mention Sharing lungs and nuno. Decent interview...

thanks alot for that! SL and for the first time ever they mention me. It really means alot for an "old man" like me!

sing blue silver

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Sep 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
Available NOW :) Interview done by me. There is a mention about Charing Lungs and Nuno :)

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 20, 2011, 03:37 PM

They mention Sharing lungs and nuno. Decent interview...

thanks alot for that! SL and for the first time ever they mention me. It really means alot for an "old man" like me!

hahaha. i think they said "old fan".

also is lovers not what we think it is or something? is there another song they know as lovers that we've never heard?

BillyNo.9

People can be mean as hell, but I think for the shout out you're cool with everyone now.

Vesanic

Gotta thank Nina for accepting to mention sharinglungs, never thought you would !

And it's pretty cool how they mention Nuno. I mean, it's not like they're like " Yeah it's that one guy from Portugal, can't remember him clearly... ", nah, they straight up say Nuno as if they were talking about a good friend, that was dope. Happy for you, bro !

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 22, 2011, 12:34 AM
hahaha. i think they said "old fan".

also is lovers not what we think it is or something? is there another song they know as lovers that we've never heard?

Frank: He's an old fan.
Abe: He's very old. He's an old man.

About Lovers, I know the " real " title was supposedly Kevin Sorbo, as posted on their MySpace back then, not Brian Dennehy. But I think they mean the same song anyway.

Penicks

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 22, 2011, 01:45 PM
About Lovers, I know the " real " title was supposedly Kevin Sorbo, as posted on their MySpace back then, not Brian Dennehy. But I think they mean the same song anyway.

what the hell

is this a joke

if it's not, that's awesome as shit