Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Messy

Started by slyartwork, May 09, 2010, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyartwork

What is up with the messy board right now.... pretty hard to find anything or where to post stuff.....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Vesanic

Hahahahaha, yeah, really... Too many child boards if you ask me.

Drop-Dead

The benelux attack!

Several people have been asking for this, and I think it's better this way, still moving topics to the right boards..................

TheShade1989

It takes me so long to get used to very minor changes...but ah well.

Vesanic

slyartwork

I understand altough sometimes it's really hard to see where which belongs.

Like for instance.

A Secret Portugal show topic. Before the show this was made and after the show reviews are put in there so it could be placed in:
- Confirmed shows
- Reviews

More like that. Anyway, we have to get used I think.

Nuno, I hope you met the band!!??!

Drop-Dead

I thought that too Sly, so from now on people should create PRE-SHOW TOPICS and AFTER-SHOW TOPICS, each in the right child board.

And yeah we met the band, it was hard but we did it. Some pics and video will be posted today.

buddyboy101

I love ya Nuno, but this is a horrible organizational structure.  Now instead of just checking one or two boards, we have to check ten.  I understand why you did this (to keep things organized), but this is a bit overkill.  Do you really need a section for non-confirmed tour dates?  What the hell does that even mean?  They'll eventually be confirmed anyways (for the most part).  So just lump those two together.  If you want to have sub-boards, fine.  But let's keep the system reasonable and manageable, or else you're going to lose members.  For instance, why have a "Side Project" board and a "Team Sleep" board.  And what's the difference between "General Talking" and "Member Discussion"?  Maybe you mean  off-topic discussion?  But in that case, the "General Music" or "Other/Chit Chat" boards will work.  I recommend you use the following sub-boards:

Deftones News and Rumors
Deftones Live (announcements, setlists, reviews recordings, etc)
Deftones Album Discussion (past, present, and future albums)
Deftones Download and Request
Side Projects

You must remember the community is not massive.  It's not like there were 100 new posts/day in the general Deftones discussion before.  You really risk bifurcating your membership, and I adamantly oppose this new structure.  

slyartwork

I actually kinda agree with toy buddyboy. It's an overkill. Pretty hard to not miss anyting.

Drop-Dead

Shit, listening that from sly, vesanic and you, makes me wonder why the hell I woke up today.

buddyboy101

Quote from: Drop-Dead on May 09, 2010, 04:12 PM
Shit, listening that from sly, vesanic and you, makes me wonder why the hell I woke up today.

No need to get dramatic.  We're your most loyal members, and we're not trying to hurt your feelings.  We care very much about this community and want to see what's best.  If we didn't care, then we wouldn't have left the feedback.  You can turn things around ya know...  Anyways, can't wait to hear about your show review and meet/greet story.  I was just re-reading your first one from 2000 on deftonesworld.com and it made me all warm/fuzzy inside.

slyartwork

True, do whatever you think is best. This our main deftones source/community.

Drop-Dead

Okay man I'm undoing all the changes and uploading yesterday's Birthmark to youtube :D

defsteve

Quote from: Drop-Dead on May 09, 2010, 04:12 PM

Haha.

Don't break what was already broke. We liked it that way..... ;D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

buddyboy101

Quote from: Drop-Dead on May 09, 2010, 04:18 PM
Okay man I'm undoing all the changes and uploading yesterday's Birthmark to youtube :D

Just make sure you post it to the right sub-board hahahha ;)

defsteve

Quote from: buddyboy101 on May 09, 2010, 04:20 PM
Quote from: Drop-Dead on May 09, 2010, 04:18 PM

Just make sure you post it to the right sub-board hahahha ;)

They haz all gonez  :D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

slyartwork

Thanx Nuno, sorry bout this but you wouldn't change it if you wouldn't agree!

stoneFeD

would this post come to junction with the topic "messy"...naw j/p guy haha