Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sticky threads

Started by tarkil, May 18, 2010, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

So.

I think there are way too many sticky threads on the board (mainly the Deftones one).
We can count 15 :
Deftones Download & Request Thread II -> fair enough, why not
Reviews of Diamond Eyes -> should be a normal thread
Deftones pictures, magazine scans, etc. -> should be a normal thread
2010's tour: live guide + footage. -> Should be in Live section if sticky needed
Deftones Confirmed 2010 Shows -> should be a normal thread, and in Live section
Deftones Interviews -> should be a normal thread
Bandsvideos.com 2008 + Rare Bootleg! -> old enough now not to be a sticky anymore
The Eros thread. -> should be a normal thread
song played live/ online videos/ youtube -> should be a normal thread
New album - Diamond Eyes -> should be a normal thread
No leaks! (includes Rocket Skates remix + DE bonus tracks) -> fair enough
letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers -> could be a normal thread, but why not sticky it as this is important to everyone here
Holy Ghost -> should be a normal thread, and in Side Projects section
The Twitter Updates Thread -> should be a normal thread
New Sol Invicto Track (Stef Carpenter's Side Project) -> should be a normal thread, and in Side Projects section

Most of them which have no reason to be stickied imho.
That really clogs the first page where basically, all the subjects appearing in the browser will be stickies, and not the latest topics...

I think it kinda does not make sense, and that a "voting system" or whatever it's called would be useful.
Basically something like if more than x persons (10, 20, whatever) "vote" for the thread to be stickied, then it does get stickied.
Because as of now it seems that any thread will get the sticky treatment, which kinda loses the point of having that feature in the first place.

Just my 2 cents though, and just a suggestion, please everyone voice your opinion...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

I agree about the Bandsvideos stuff at least, I'll unsticky it.

Vesanic

Did some clean up, what d'you think ?

theis

The "interviews" thread should be stickied or else every time someone finds a new interview they're gonna make a new thread.

defsteve

Quote from: theis on May 18, 2010, 01:44 PM
The "interviews" thread should be stickied or else every time someone finds a new interview they're gonna make a new thread.

Mods should just merge duplicates.

Also all the 'live' show threads (reviews, news, etc) need moving from 'Deftones' to 'Live' section.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Vesanic

Quote from: defsteve on May 18, 2010, 01:47 PM
Also all the 'live' show threads (reviews, news, etc) need moving from 'Deftones' to 'Live' section.

Already done, for your Deftones 2010 confirmed shows thread as well.

defsteve

Quote from: Vesanic on May 18, 2010, 01:48 PM
Quote from: defsteve on May 18, 2010, 01:47 PM

Already done, for your Deftones 2010 confirmed shows thread as well.

I meant all the individual threads not just the stickied ones.

ie http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,16785.0.html
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Vesanic

Drop-Dead

I agree with what you decide, I'm the administrator, but you're the ones living in here, so you guys decide. If I have a post that I want to sticky I just do it, but there's nothing I would say I would stick besides those you decide.

Everything's fine but I don't think that Deftones reviews/concerts should be moved to the General concerts board, I mean that's Deftones related and it will be lost inside that board, what do ya think?

Vesanic

Quote from: Drop-Dead on May 18, 2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think that Deftones reviews/concerts should be moved to the General concerts board, I mean that's Deftones related and it will be lost inside that board, what do ya think?

Nuno, you're the one who created the general concerts board, and here's what it says:

Concert reviews, tour news, Deftones/Teamsleep shows, and other bands in here.

So, I don't know. You're the creator, here. :P

Corleone

vesanic is ruining the boards... no one can post anything without it being moved or deleted

anyways I think there should be only a couple stickeys, like tarkill said, it's too much clutter

Vesanic

Quote from: Corleone on May 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
vesanic is ruining the boards... no one can post anything without it being moved or deleted

I am just doing my job, Mr. Clever.

Jacob

throwing insults isn't exacly gonna help, dude.

anyways, that was a bit harsh Corleone and I don't really see any problems with creating some structure. as long as people look for the right place to post there's really no issue. the problem is when people simply jump in and post before having a look around or using the search function.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on May 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
throwing insults isn't exacly gonna help, dude.

I know, that's why I edited it.

wheresmysnare

How are you going to stop people being lazy or even just ignorant ? Versanic will just end up doing a 9-5 shift moving posts around this forum into neat piles.

Corleone

Quote from: wheresmysnare on May 18, 2010, 08:26 PM
How are you going to stop people being lazy or even just ignorant ? Versanic will just end up doing a 9-5 shift moving posts around this forum into neat piles.

he's already doing that as it is... poor guy lol

Penicks

I think it's good. I never bother to check out tour threads and shit, only the footage, and there's a place for it all now so yay.

Vesanic

Quote from: Corleone on May 18, 2010, 11:48 PM

The fact you're being so whiney about a couple of topics being removed proves how stupid you are. I am just following Nuno's rules and trying to keep that not too over-crowded, sorry if you it's so annoying to you, but you're free to get the fuck out.

Corleone

Quote from: Vesanic on May 19, 2010, 02:45 AM
Quote from: Corleone on May 18, 2010, 11:48 PM

The fact you're being so whiney about a couple of topics being removed proves how stupid you are. I am just following Nuno's rules and trying to keep that not too over-crowded, sorry if you it's so annoying to you, but you're free to get the fuck out.

I was here before you, fucking french puss hole.

This site wouldnt even be around if it wasn't for the people who donated.

Vesanic

Quote from: Corleone on May 19, 2010, 06:04 PM
I was here before you, fucking french puss hole.
This site wouldnt even be around if it wasn't for the people who donated.

First, I'm not french. And second, I've never put in doubt the respect due to the people who donated for this site. But that doesn't give you the right to act like a dumbass.

Anyway, I'm done with that shit.