Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Whitechapel new song feat. Chino Moreno

Started by Vesanic, Jun 02, 2010, 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

I dunno man, I'm with you on the whole vocal cords taking a beating thing, but to me it really sounds like he's come a long way back to where he was before all the surgeries and shit.  I mean maybe not as much as back in his 20s obviously, but like I said, way better than that period where all he did was squeal and stuff during the SNW days.  But I think we're mostly in agreement, I'm just saying while today's screams are definitely of a different style, I still think some of the stuff on DE and especially his part on this Whitechapel song are definitely up to par in terms of intensity with his earlier stuff.  But I'm also no expert on production so there's a possibility that might have something to do with it too, but I try not to jump to that conclusion.

Vesanic

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jun 06, 2010, 07:41 PM
I dunno man, I'm with you on the whole vocal cords taking a beating thing, but to me it really sounds like he's come a long way back to where he was before all the surgeries and shit.  I mean maybe not as much as back in his 20s obviously, but like I said, way better than that period where all he did was squeal and stuff during the SNW days.  But I think we're mostly in agreement, I'm just saying while today's screams are definitely of a different style, I still think some of the stuff on DE and especially his part on this Whitechapel song are definitely up to par in terms of intensity with his earlier stuff.  But I'm also no expert on production so there's a possibility that might have something to do with it too, but I try not to jump to that conclusion.

Dude, have you watched the recent performances of Around the Fur ? The choruses are pretty painful to hear... Some good screamings here and there but most part of the words of the very last chorus ( which is supposed to be entirely screamed ) sound like a sick dog that can hardly barkle.

lostpilot

wheresmysnare

Yup i'm not trying to start argument and I have no interest in bitching about my favourite vocalist of the genre. I respect Chino can still scream, at the ULU gig his screams sounded really good live but i'm not going to pretend he's the best screamer of the day.

I believe at a point in time Chino was the best screamer in metal but you know, as with sporting greats for example, where the body is put under abnormal strain, it's not sustainable, he's still a bloody legend!

Vesanic

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jun 06, 2010, 07:56 PM
Yup i'm not trying to start argument and I have no interest in bitching about my favourite vocalist of the genre. I respect Chino can still scream, at the ULU gig his screams sounded really good live but i'm not going to pretend he's the best screamer of the day.

I believe at a point in time Chino was the best screamer in metal but you know, as with sporting greats for example, where the body is put under abnormal strain, it's not sustainable, he's still a bloody legend!

Amen, dude. But, to state that Chino can't do some shit anymore is not necessarily bitchin'. :)

Oldnewtype

now that I'm stoned that was pretty good. Still not as good as older Whitechapel but Chino sounded fuckin sick.

pony_01

chino's adrenaline screams is the best imo, but his inhale scream is getting killer!

cnr~

I dont see why chino cant undertake a few screaming lessons, i can get a deep growl and a relatively high pitch scream without hurting my throat at all and comes out clean, its all about technique. Im sure any vocalist on here knows its not about how hard you push out a scream, quite the opposite, less air the better. Thats the trick to deep growls

deftjess

Quote from: cnr~ on Jun 08, 2010, 12:16 AM
I dont see why chino cant undertake a few screaming lessons, i can get a deep growl and a relatively high pitch scream without hurting my throat at all and comes out clean, its all about technique. Im sure any vocalist on here knows its not about how hard you push out a scream, quite the opposite, less air the better. Thats the trick to deep growls

ok now do it for 20 plus years

cnr~

Quote from: deftjess on Jun 08, 2010, 12:37 AM
Quote from: cnr~ on Jun 08, 2010, 12:16 AM

ok now do it for 20 plus years

Didnt really have any relevance to the time he's been doing it, i know the strain will have fucked his chords. But the point i was making is that with a proper technique his chords will be less damaged.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Does anyone see this "tattoo ed dog" ad on the bottom of the page? wtf? lol   Oh- I kinda dig this, but I'm glad it's just a cameo. Chino sounds sick.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

HiCkMan!

wow i like the song alot new album sounds dope , and the fact chino sings/screams on the song makes it that much better ;)

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: HiCkMan! on Jun 25, 2010, 12:20 PM
wow i like the song alot new album sounds dope , and the fact chino sings/screams on the song makes it that much better ;)

Well, friend, you just got picked for the kickball team in the first draft.

jbmp1390

jeez, why must so many threads on this board(and actually just most forums in general) just turn into long, back and forth bitch and cry sessions? oh well we're all entitled to our opinions. I don't love the song or hate it, it's just meh.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?