Diamond Eyes Elimination (Round 5)

Started by Penicks, Jun 04, 2010, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Variable

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 08, 2010, 09:01 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 08, 2010, 02:57 PMyou're and idiot

;D
Damn.  Got em coach.  My online editor let me down and didn't catch my typo :( .  Probably because I was pretty medicated last night.  But good job, after all these post you FINALLY got something on me that was slightly entertaining.

However, the fact still remains as to how strange it is that we haven't talked in years yet you obviously still have your feelings hurt about something I did way back when.  You even started this conversation with "Completely worthless opinion as usual. At least you're consistent, though." As if this was yesterday or last week that I pissed you off.  Probably  because you were trying to hide that you're a giant loser that has been stewing over this for years, waiting for my return in the deftones forum, so that you could finally extract revenge on me for.....what?  Yeah, you're a loser.  You should probably worry about that instead of worrying about me so much. 

chick de la lynch

I have no idea why I voted for "Royal". I voted for "Risk" last week. "Royal" still isn't on my list of favorites, but I'm less fond of "Risk".

Variable

At least I'm not the only one. 

Inkblades

Quote from: Variable on Jun 09, 2010, 06:17 AM
But good job, after all these post you FINALLY got something on me that was slightly entertaining.

Finally? O rly? Let's go back a post before that.

Quote from: Variable on May 28, 1970, 06:57 PM
This is actually a good point though.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

By the way, it's not that I have been waiting for you to return to the Deftones forum. It's actually the exact opposite. Your opinions on their music are so amazingly retarded that I was hoping you would stay out of here forever. Your explanations are even more thoroughly moronic (A Paris Hilton metaphor? Really?). You obviously post on SL a lot (You're close to 11,000. I'm at 1,609. Who's really the loser here?) and I wasn't chasing you around in the other forums. I saw your name in here, remembered disagreeing with you (I will admit that I went back in my post history to review. This took me five to ten minutes at the most.) and then proceeded to attack.

Quote from: Variable on Jun 07, 2010, 01:58 PM
Honesty, I don't really like every time that Chino tries to put a melody into certain songs ( like Royal ). I think sometimes he tries to be too melodic when he should be more brutal to fit the song better.  

I should have responded to this earlier. What you're basically saying is that when Stef is playing a hard metal riff Chino shouldn't be singing over it but instead screaming. Should Chino have screamed on all of ATF? Should he have screamed all over Korea, Street Carp and Battle-Axe? Those are "certain songs" just like Royal. So, what makes them different? That combination of melody and brutality is what makes them Deftones in the first place.

Inkblades

Also, Sextape is mediocre. Come on, that "Toniiiiiiiight" refrain was done ten years ago AND 10x better on Digital Bath.

Vesanic

Sextape doesn't sound like Digital Bath anyway.

Vesanic

@Inkblades & Variable: I like both of you guys, I mean really, but both of you calm down now. It's a debate, not a fucking arena.

Variable

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 09, 2010, 07:10 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 09, 2010, 06:17 AM
But good job, after all these post you FINALLY got something on me that was slightly entertaining.

Finally? O rly? Let's go back a post before that.

Quote from: Variable on May 28, 1970, 06:57 PM
This is actually a good point though.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

By the way, it's not that I have been waiting for you to return to the Deftones forum. It's actually the exact opposite. Your opinions on their music are so amazingly retarded that I was hoping you would stay out of here forever. Your explanations are even more thoroughly moronic (A Paris Hilton metaphor? Really?). You obviously post on SL a lot (You're close to 11,000. I'm at 1,609. Who's really the loser here?) and I wasn't chasing you around in the other forums. I saw your name in here, remembered disagreeing with you (I will admit that I went back in my post history to review. This took me five to ten minutes at the most.) and then proceeded to attack.

Quote from: Variable on Jun 07, 2010, 01:58 PM
Honesty, I don't really like every time that Chino tries to put a melody into certain songs ( like Royal ). I think sometimes he tries to be too melodic when he should be more brutal to fit the song better.  

I should have responded to this earlier. What you're basically saying is that when Stef is playing a hard metal riff Chino shouldn't be singing over it but instead screaming. Should Chino have screamed on all of ATF? Should he have screamed all over Korea, Street Carp and Battle-Axe? Those are "certain songs" just like Royal. So, what makes them different? That combination of melody and brutality is what makes them Deftones in the first place.

The Paris Hilton metaphor was a joke ( who couldn't have guess that you would be too stupid to realize that ) I was making fun of how over analytical you were/are being.  If I want to state an opinion without an explanation, it's really OK.  Sometimes people  just either do or don't like something for no other reason than they do or don't.  I don't like green beans either, doesn't mean I feel I need to give an explanation every time I go to a restaurant and don't order them.  

And once again, your lack of intellect made you unable to understand what I was saying.  I never said you were chasing me around anywhere.  I hardly ever come into the deftones forum on SL because there is nothing new to talk about.  But since DE came out, I came back to join some fresh conversations.  What I said was that you were waiting for me to come back to the deftones forum, seeing as how I have never seen you posting anywhere else that I usually post.  Then all of the sudden when I come back here, you "attack" as you put it.  Post count aside ( sorry that I have other things to talk about besides other peoples opinions on bands ) that makes you the loser.  And if you think participating in a message board makes someone a loser.......you should probably consider stopping yourself.  Especially when you take 10 min to do a search for post made years ago to try and remember a grudge.....really? 

And no sir, you completely ( once again ) missed the point as to what I was trying to say.  Take note of the words "I don't really like every time" and "I think sometimes."  This means that sometimes I think the hard metal riff with chino singing melodically works, and sometimes it doesn't.  In the Case of Royal, I don't think it worked.  I never said anything about an absolute in my statement.  Do you get it now? Or do I have to break it down even more Barney style for you?

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 09, 2010, 11:26 AM
It's a debate, not a fucking arena.
We obviously disagree!  Besides, we are debating on who sucks more ( even though its obviously apparent I won before this started )

I'm JK though.  I didn't come in here looking to be aggressive towards anyone.  Inkblades just has some obvious pent up aggression ( probably retrograding from having a little penis and having to change out during gym class in high school ) So I responded.  But hes really boring and has nothing intelligent or funny to say anymore ( besides my typo which I'm taking credit for anyways ) So *yawn* I'm done here anyways.  

Variable

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 09, 2010, 11:23 AM
Sextape doesn't sound like Digital Bath anyway.
Not even a little bit.  Maybe Chino needs to come on here and explain in great depth why he used the same word in two different songs.  Otherwise inkblades head might explode if he doesn't get a well thought out explanation. 

Inkblades

You're right. You can state an opinion without an explanation. That's EXACTLY why I wrote "I don't need to know." Go back and read the posts. It's right there. However, you felt the need to explain regardless. Why? Probably some kind of *insert dime store junior college psychology bullshit here*

You were posting in the Deftones forum recently before you stated your mongoloid opinion and I wasn't coming in and arguing with you then. It was only when you came into this thread and said something that I disagreed with. Simple as that. You can try to make it into something else all you want but that's what it really boils down to. For the record, I don't think that posting on a message board is loser-ish (I wouldn't post here if I did feel that way.) It may be nerdy, but I am a nerd. My point is that spending five to ten minutes reading an old argument we had on here is no less nerdy than playing the TPAM game or word association or whatever it is you do here.

Quote from: Variable on Jun 09, 2010, 01:15 PM
And no sir, you completely ( once again ) missed the point as to what I was trying to say.  Take note of the words "I don't really like every time" and "I think sometimes."  This means that sometimes I think the hard metal riff with chino singing melodically works, and sometimes it doesn't.  In the Case of Royal, I don't think it worked.  I never said anything about an absolute in my statement.

Uh, "Every time" and "sometimes" are two completely different things. The former means all the time (an absolute) and the latter means only half the time.

Finally, I never said Sextape sounds like Digital Bath. I didn't mean sonically. It's not just that Chino used just the same word twice either. He does that a lot. It's that he sang the same word from DB in an extremely similar fashion on Sextape. High note and everything.

deftones86

wow this shit is still goin on?
Just kiss and make up and have a baby name it VariableBlades.

that kinda sounds like a lawn mower.
The NEW Snapper Variable Blade Mower yours for only 10 easy payments and one hard payment of $39.95

Vesanic

Variable

This is a voting topic.  There is only so much you can talk about the songs voted for.  Especially by round 5.  Calm down. The Variable Blade is obviously a superior topic. 

Inkblades

We're not gonna get banned now, are we?

*pours out a little liquor for jesusinabowlofdirt*

Just kidding.

Vesanic

You're not as long as you respect each other's opinion instead of calling it a " mongoloid opinion ", for instance.

Corleone

how the hell did sextape outlast Evil and TPID, both are wayy more original deftones tracks.