Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes Eliminations: Round 6

Started by Vesanic, Jun 11, 2010, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 16, 2010, 04:50 PM
Deftones are heavy AND melodic... I wouldn't love them as much as I do if they only did melodic stuff, and same thing about their heavy stuff.

absolutely, but even most of their melodic songs are heavy and I'm not saying I'd like to hear an album with no heavy parts. I just tend to like the songs that ONLY consist of heavy riffs and screaming the least. that said, CMND/ CNTRL is one of my favorites on DE.

but I'd love for them to create an album with only songs like Digital Bath, Knife Party, Change, Minerva, Combat, 976-Evil etc.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Jun 17, 2010, 02:25 PM
but I'd love for them to create an album with only songs like Digital Bath, Knife Party, Change

This is called White Pony. :D

Haha, j/k, but White Pony is definitely their most melodic album.

Mikey

Quote from: deftones86 on Jun 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
Deftones have always had that Melodic and heavy feel to them. To me thats what sets them apart from other bands. cmnd/ctrl just sounds like they are catering to the fans that wanted the heavy side of deftones it almost sounds forced and it could have used idk a break down and a little more work. really alot of the songs sound rushed i guess. But its still a good album its in my top three (for now) but i really want to see what they do next with a little more time.

Agreed. I love both aspects of deftones.  CMND just kinda seems forced.  Hexagram and Rats!Rats!Rats! are much more effective and sound more developed than CMND/CTRL.

IMO   ;)

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Jacob

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 17, 2010, 04:46 PM
I predict a Royal-Prince final :P

my two least favorite songs on the album... *facepalm*
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Jun 17, 2010, 04:47 PM

My two favorite songs on the album. ;D

TheShade1989

You've Seen The Butcher is my favorite now. It used to be all of them, but I narrowed it down to YSTB. It isnt going to win...*sigh*. Still, Royal is awesome. I was scared wen I first heard Royal and CMND/CTRL because I figured that was gonna be the general vibe of the whole album. Which I didnt like. But they grew on me anyways, so even though Royal is almost definitely gonna win, it's cool.

Oh, have there been polls like these for all the other albums too?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Jun 17, 2010, 07:23 PM
You've Seen The Butcher is my favorite now. It used to be all of them, but I narrowed it down to YSTB. It isnt going to win...*sigh*. Still, Royal is awesome. I was scared wen I first heard Royal and CMND/CTRL because I figured that was gonna be the general vibe of the whole album. Which I didnt like. But they grew on me anyways, so even though Royal is almost definitely gonna win, it's cool.

Oh, have there been polls like these for all the other albums too?

Scared? You should listen to Shattered Entrails and then you would be getting all wet LMAO Not that I like that band
Just giving my opinion on your "comment"
L8rs

theis

Quote from: theis on Jun 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 17, 2010, 04:59 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Jun 17, 2010, 04:47 PM

My two favorite songs on the album. ;D

Haha, yeah those two are my favorites too.