Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

R.I.P No More Sugar.

Started by Vesanic, Jul 15, 2010, 01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I just received this message a couple of minutes ago:

I don't really know what your relation was to this account, but I've seen that you've talked to him a lot, and I thought I'd share with you that "No More Sugar" aka Carl Detamore passed away on Monday morning.. I don't really know if he has friends on here or how to get a hold of them, but you responded to him a lot so I thought you'd be the person to tell.

R.I.P, bro.

wither-I

holy shit. ive always wondered if someone died on this board if anyone would somehow find out...

soar.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

Wow, shit...that's really fucking sad! I've always liked him.

Damn...

Who sent you this message, Vesanic?

defskull

Wow.  How did he die?  I mean I think it's safe to say that no one here is dying of old age anytime soon.  He had a great taste in music and did seem to be a great person.

Vesanic

I don't know how he died. If I get the details, I will share them via PM with the people who really want to know.

@Theis: The rest of the message said that it was his girlfriend.

theis

I wanna know.

Man, it's weird...I didn't even know the person in real life, but I'm super bummed out. No one should die that young.

Life's over before you know it :(

Vesanic

I didn't know him in real life either, but I'm bummed out too. He was one of my if not my favorite member on here. And that feels pretty weird. I never thought that someone from here would die. I mean, that I idea never hit my mind.

lostpilot

Wow. I'm shocked.
It's very, very sad. He was a good person.

Jacob

really sad to hear that, I always liked the guy (or at least his internet persona). rest in peace brother, my thoughts are with you and you loved ones.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Damn that is really sad :( RIP Carl

lithium

Was this the guy who typed in italics all the time?
💩

Vesanic

Quote from: lithium on Jul 15, 2010, 03:43 AM

Indeed.

I'll do the same, just in memory. I'm sure he would love it. ;D

defTHE1s

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 15, 2010, 01:36 AM
holy shit. ive always wondered if someone died on this board if anyone would somehow find out...

soar.
yeah, I also have wondered that and it's a coincidence i heard yesterday on the radio that there is a page that has the info for all the internet sites and you decide what to do with them if you pass away (https://www.mywebwill.com/)... anyway...
Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 15, 2010, 04:13 AM
Quote from: lithium on Jul 15, 2010, 03:43 AM

Indeed.

I'll do the same, just in memory. I'm sure he would love it. ;D
Haha, indeed it's cool, the Main Boss of the company I work at writes in italics too  :P

btw, if you know more details, please PM me Ves, he was a cool guy indeed

and if that's true, well, RIP Carl  :'(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

bright lights, big city

Rest in peace dude. Sucks that we find out his actual name after he passes away, though.

So yeah, by the way my real name is Mark.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Sad news and didn't think I'd see it on here. Strangely, I had a student pass away recently too, for the first time in six years. 

wither-I

Quote from: theis on Jul 15, 2010, 01:57 AM
I wanna know.

Man, it's weird...I didn't even know the person in real life, but I'm super bummed out. No one should die that young.

Life's over before you know it :(
yeah man i saw the topic and my heart sank.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defTHE1s

ests, 6 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
defTHE1s, the deft ones, jbayern, No More Sugar, bright lights, big city, buddyboy101

it's 11:29 PM and he's online.... or is she??

gonna try to talk to him..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Jacob

well, this could very well be a sick joke. I mean, who wouldn't want to know what people will say about you after you're dead?

I do hope it's not for real, but if it's not I also hope that he has the decency to admit it before too long.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Yes, this could be a sick joke too. As I wrote in my first post, IF that is true, RIP brother.

Vesanic

Well, I told his girlfriend to add me on facebook to be able to discuss this a little more in a chat room. The SL thing was pretty impersonal to me.

And yes, I think he's really dead. Tons of messages of a kind that you guess, and a funeral is scheduled.