Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

When Girls Telephone Boys [Frank's part boosted]

Started by Vesanic, Jan 09, 2011, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ponyx

jbmp1390

this kinda makes me wonder what other songs there are that could be made a little more interesting if franks parts were louder. things to ponder...haha

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

mono

shine down unshy

Quote from: Sushi-X on Jan 12, 2011, 11:56 PM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Jan 12, 2011, 10:21 PM
Haha my phone doesn't play it.  iFail.  So if someone could upload it to MEDIAFIRE,  that'd be great.  Thanks.
http://www.mediafire.com/?whs63hq8a7ulc88

Muchos gracias, dude..you rock.

mono

Hey Ves, and what about Hexagram and Diamond Eyes? you can try boost the frank´s part of these songs!

UrZ*

Quote from: illmono on Jan 14, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hey Ves, and what about Hexagram and Diamond Eyes? you can try boost the frank´s part of these songs!

Diamond Eyes?!?!?! it's pretty good mixed in there imo..
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

mono

deftfan

hmmm...one more sound and this song is diffrent.
i don't know that with this is better than original version or something but it sonds great.
Good idea with this V.

Nebontha

well this is going to be interesting to listen to when I'm sparking a J
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

Haha, have a good one. Thanks to everybody for the positive feedback.

Vesanic

Matt, I'm pretty surprised by your opinion. I think this effect really adds something to the whole enraged vibe. The melodic side of it draws a beautiful contrast when matched up with this whole river of anger.

nineteen

Must agree.

The chugging riff is awesome and well pissed off along with Chino's vocals and the effect gives it more of a mood.

jujuslim

Sinatra

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

It has officially replaced the album version on my ipod. Should have been that way anyways!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

snw9

Hey V email this to the mixer and show him where he went wrong! lol
sounds like a second guitar being played but good job!

now i have a request, can u make franks part louder near the end of rapture after roughly 2:56.. its a serious request but if u can pull it off, ur the man!
please and thank you
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

I wish I could show him, haha.

Nah man, I don't think I can do that. Sorry.

7t9cobra

I have to agree with "sing blue silver". Listening to the live versions annoyed me, because it was waaay too loud. It just doesn't pack that heavy punch. It makes the song softer and that song was supposed to be an emotionally heavy song. I haven't been able to listen to your version of it, because of my shitty computer issues, but I will when i can. I just hope it's not as obnoxious sounding as some of the live versions. I think it might actually sound cool toned down a bit though. Now i want to ram my fist through my laptop screen even more. Last week my computer froze while I was watching the scene from office space on youtube, where they destroy the fax machine. I thought it was kind of ironic and found it very hard not to find my baseball bat and give this little bastard hell.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: 7t9cobra on Jan 23, 2011, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with "sing blue silver". Listening to the live versions annoyed me, because it was waaay too loud. It just doesn't pack that heavy punch. It makes the song softer and that song was supposed to be an emotionally heavy song. I haven't been able to listen to your version of it, because of my shitty computer issues, but I will when i can. I just hope it's not as obnoxious sounding as some of the live versions. I think it might actually sound cool toned down a bit though. Now i want to ram my fist through my laptop screen even more. Last week my computer froze while I was watching the scene from office space on youtube, where they destroy the fax machine. I thought it was kind of ironic and found it very hard not to find my baseball bat and give this little bastard hell.
LMFAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! You will enjoy this version more than any. Perfect fit and volume of his keyboard sound.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

pinkmaggit

You've done a great job but I still prefer the original.
I like Franks part - it adds a lot to the song, but I think the way they did it with it adding texture in the subtle way it does in the background is just perfect. I'd love to hear what you do with Diamond Eyes - I love Franks part on this - it really elevates that song to a level of greatness. YSTB would also be another interesting one to try out.