Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur + Diamond Eyes entirely played live on April 15 [Not] maybe 16 ?

Started by Vesanic, Apr 11, 2011, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976Royal

Chino in the crowd for Hexagram... right in front of me... NICE!!

Deftones - Hexagram - 4.15.11 @ Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR

from_musings

Did you get to touch him??

snw9

Quote from: pinkmaggit69 on Apr 16, 2011, 09:23 AM
Lame!  Just got back from the show.  I was so pumped to record Damone. :(

Tonight's setlist:
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Birthmark
Engine #9
BQAD
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Hexagram
Bloody Cape
Butcher
Beauty School (Beautiful!)
Risk
Sextape
Elite
Change
Passenger
Back 2 School

Root
7 Words

they should just play it, its a great song, sooooooo easy to steph to play and its a priceless gem
Code: [Select]

deftones12022

That sucks they didn't play ATF and Diamond Eyes.  I'm just stoked I got to see Around The Fur played front to back a few years ago in Fresno.  It was Epic.

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

976Royal

Just got home from the show.. didnt play Diamond Eyes & ATF, but mixed the set list up quite a bit.  I did the pre-show VIP meet & greet, I asked Stef & Frank about it and they said they'd implied they MIGHT play both albums but never fully committed to it, so I dont know why the fuck the venue posted it???  Its strange too, because the Crystal Ballroom & McMenamins usually have their shit together... clearly a miscommunication somewhere, but whatever... 

I dont remember the entire set list, it was the same as the last 2 nights, aside from:

Royal (fuck yeah!)
Command/Ctrl
Lhabia
Lotion
Prince
When Girls Telephone Boys
Feit
Hole in the Earth
Head Up

Nice to see them mixing it up a little bit... on a side note, the VIP experience was kinda disappointing.  The sound check and meet & greet with the band was awesome, they were totally cool and actually called us back to play another song during the sound check, but the guy from Ground Ctrl that was running the thing was a total fucking tool.  You couldnt take pics during the sound check (even with the flash off), and you could ONLY get the lithograph signed - some dude brought a guitar down, he even called ahead and was told it was OK, but the guy from Ground Ctrl wouldnt let him get it signed.  Plus there was a "snafu" with the set lists, so we didnt get them, and you couldnt take any pictures w/ the band, other than the ones that were taken by the VIP organizer.  We were told we have to wait 72 - 96 hours, then they'll be uploaded to the Deftonestix site... I dont know, im just not a fan of Ground Ctrl... I  did 3 pre-orders with them last year, and they fucked up EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!!  Its too bad... I wonder if the band even sees any of the money from those packages?  Or is it just something the label created to get paid back??

Vesanic

Quote from: 976Royal on Apr 17, 2011, 08:09 AM
I asked Stef & Frank about it and they said they'd implied they MIGHT play both albums but never fully committed to it

I fucking knew it... Thanks man.

sing blue silver

sad to hear that the VIP package was a disappointment. you'd think they'd have that shit worked out.

976Royal

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 17, 2011, 08:34 AM
sad to hear that the VIP package was a disappointment. you'd think they'd have that shit worked out.

It was still worth it, just needlessly frustrating because of the mis-management by ground ctrl.. like they should mention the fact that personal photos will not be allowed, no other items signed, etc.. and I hate having to wait for them to upload the photos. 

from_musings

Quote from: 976Royal on Apr 17, 2011, 08:09 AM
I dont know why the fuck the venue posted it???

perhaps because it attracts people. they can always say that deftones themselves said they would play those records and say it was an mishunderstanding. they spin further on a reputation to make money,.. i mean it was hyped up really well .. I think i read about this in like 4 threads here  8)

Vesanic

Well, so it didn't happen. I think I may lock this topic now.

Any further thing related to these two shows should be posted/discussed in the Tour section or in the Live Guide thread.

Vesanic

http://www.metalinsider.net/interviews/exclusive-deftones-chino-moreno-on-playing-albums-in-their-entirety-his-side-project-covers

I heard a rumor that for last night's show here at the Crystal that you guys might be playing Around the Fur and Diamond Eyes in their entirety. Did that actually end up happening?

It didn't happen. It was exactly what you said, a rumor. In fact, I think someone from our management office had posted it somewhere, whether it be Facebook or Twitter or something like that. When we read about it and were like, 'What!?' So, yeah, I mean, we thought about doing it and then yesterday when we got here we were like, 'let's just play.' We feel like it kind of would have been – I mean, to ignore some of our other records, although it would be fun to play those in their entirety, y'know, may be a special thing, but I feel like there would be a lot of people that would be bummed because we left so much of our other records, especially our new record since we're out promoting it, but to leave out songs from White Pony and Adrenaline, y'know, if we were going to play those songs I could see a lot people being more upset than the people that would be happy with just those two. So, at the end of the day we just figured we'd play a heavy set with Around the Fur and heavy on the new record, but y'know, we'll mix it up.

Crazy Breed

I'm bringing my White Pony vinyl to my meet & greet so i can get the gatefold signed.....I hope some grnd ctrl dick doesn't tell me to leave it in my car cuz the shit will be on son!
The shade, is a tool, a device....a saviour!

skinnypuppy

saw 'em perform Damone once like 4 or 5 years ago. it was one of the best moments of my life.

Vesanic

aj

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Apr 25, 2011, 07:06 PM
saw 'em perform Damone once like 4 or 5 years ago. it was one of the best moments of my life.

saw them perform Damone once 10 years ago at the London Forum. it was one of the best moments of my life